ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 333
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Bowser 12:22 PM 04-03-2023
I've lived through some pretty terrible Royals teams and seasons, but the apathy I feel this year for this squad is as big as any I've ever felt for any Royals squad.

I sincerely hope they end up making me look like a fool for doubting them, especially as they try to garner interest for a new stadium.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:33 PM 04-03-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've lived through some pretty terrible Royals teams and seasons, but the apathy I feel this year for this squad is as big as any I've ever felt for any Royals squad.

I sincerely hope they end up making me look like a fool for doubting them, especially as they try to garner interest for a new stadium.
This... All of this. There's always promise in the month leading up to the season. pretty good marketing,, then the season starts and the other teams get into "regular season" mode.

Oh well, hopefully we get a new downtown stadium anyway. That will be fun.
[Reply]
tk13 10:15 AM 04-04-2023

Some of you pointed this out on opening day, but whenever Vinnie Pasquantino gets on base, a “pasquatch” jumps onto the Royals Hall of Fame building. So, there you go. pic.twitter.com/kQVP2NYQex

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) April 4, 2023

[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:24 AM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:

Rumor has it… pic.twitter.com/quvBMQoohF

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) April 4, 2023

[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 12:59 PM 04-04-2023
Royals: We’re gonna trade Michael Taylor to create more at bats for our young guys so we can see what have.

Also the Royals: We’re gonna sign Jackie Bradley Jr even though we know exactly the player he is and we’re gonna start him three of the first five games.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:02 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by Bronco_buster2:
Royals: We’re gonna trade Michael Taylor to create more at bats for our young guys so we can see what have.
Before the season starts.

Originally Posted by :
Also the Royals: We’re gonna sign Jackie Bradley Jr even though we know exactly the player he is and we’re gonna start him three of the first five games.
After the season has started and we're .250 and the bottom of the division.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 02:00 PM 04-04-2023
I'm generally a very optimistic fan. And I realize it's just 4 games. We should never make haste judgement of short periods in any sports. I'm just confused, and pretty disappointed in the usage of JBJ. I felt he was a perfect 5th OF option to use late in games for his defense and occasional spot start.

This was the year we needed to see what we have in all the current players. But it seems we are definitely employing a matchup lineup daily. I can get behind that. Quatraro comes from an organization with lots of success doing just that. It just feels sooo 'Royals' to bring in two veterans that we know exactly what they are, and give them at bats over guys we have been excited to see play for a while.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:53 PM 04-04-2023

It's possible that a couple of factors emerged that triggered such a decision.
One: the organization was married to playing MAT given his contract if they didn't trade him. Trading him let's the Royals have the flexibility to bring up talent when appropriate rather than when MAT is gone.
Two: injuries and spring training progress caused the Royals to adjust their timeline

I fail to see the bone to pick here.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:29 PM 04-04-2023
I'm generally a very optimistic fan. And I realize it's just 4 games. We should never make haste judgement of short periods in any sports. I'm just confused, and pretty disappointed in the usage of JBJ. I felt he was a perfect 5th OF option to use late in games for his defense and occasional spot start.

This was the year we needed to see what we have in all the current players. But it seems we are definitely employing a matchup lineup daily. I can get behind that. Quatraro comes from an organization with lots of success doing just that. It just feels sooo 'Royals' to bring in two veterans that we know exactly what they are, and give them at bats over guys we have been excited to see play for a while.
Bradley was signed when Drew Waters got hurt in spring training. He isn't taking time away from anybody.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:08 PM 04-04-2023
A better question is if you want an all glove no bat OF why not trade for Christian Pache instead?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:25 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
A better question is if you want an all glove no bat OF why not trade for Christian Pache instead?
Because Bradley is the same guy and you can get him for free off the street?
[Reply]
tk13 05:50 PM 04-04-2023
Bobby Witt with a contender for web gem of the week.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:57 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Because Bradley is the same guy and you can get him for free off the street?
He was traded for a scrub...
[Reply]
DeepSouth 11:41 AM 04-05-2023
Pratto called up;

https://www.royalsreview.com/2023/4/...atto-called-up
[Reply]
myselff77 12:23 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
Pratto called up;

https://www.royalsreview.com/2023/4/...atto-called-up
Isbel on paternity leave. Will be interesting to see if Pratto is just up for a cup of coffee or what the move will be when Isbel is back.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 333
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Up