ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 333
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
PHOG 07:55 AM 05-05-2023
The "BATTLE FOR THE BOTTOM" begins this weekend, Oakland (6-26) vs KC (8-24) :-)
[Reply]
TEX 12:58 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by PHOG:
The "BATTLE FOR THE BOTTOM" begins this weekend, Oakland (6-26) vs KC (8-24) :-)
Yes. Both teams seasons are already over.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:42 PM 05-05-2023

Lorenzo Cain will sign a one-day contract to retire with the #Royals tomorrow. The on-field ceremony will start at 5:45 p.m., and Ned Yost, Alex Gordon and Rusty Kuntz will all be there to celebrate Cain. First pitch at 6:10 p.m.

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) May 5, 2023

[Reply]
Coach 04:47 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't think anyone's going to show, especially the product on the field at the moment....

Terrible effort by the Royals management of all levels.

Terrible.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:52 PM 05-05-2023
:-) Getting shellacked by a team actively trying to be terrible
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:58 PM 05-05-2023
Jesus, this team is just fucking atrocious. Just a god damn dumpster fire.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:06 PM 05-05-2023
Continuing to watch the royals right now is a form of mental illness.

Just disgusting
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:11 PM 05-05-2023
The crowd for Cain's day was lame as hell.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:11 PM 05-05-2023
Or maybe it is tomorrow and more people will show.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07:14 PM 05-05-2023
This team is a ****ing dumpster fire. Currently they are playing the team that many would consider the worst team in MLB this year and possibly the worst MLB team ever fielded in 10+ years. The A's STAR player is Brent Rooker, a player that about 24 teams would DFA if they found him on their roster. Their starting pitcher this evening, Kyle Muller, might be the worst starting pitcher I've ever seen pitch, the way he just lobs 88 mph fastballs down the middle and hopes for the best. I've seen all his starts coming into this game and I really believed the guy just isn't capable of getting MLB hitters out. He's that bad. His ERA coming into this game was 6.28 and that reflects good luck cause his xERA was 7.48. He was WALKING 4.71 batters per 9 which is insanely bad. It would take me a long time to even find a pitcher that walks more batters. His K/9 was under 6.50 ffs.

So I held my nose and paid the -150 to bet big on KC. They were at home and at least Keller has proven that he belongs in the MLB, if nothing more than that. They have real talent in their lineup unlike the Jesus Aguilars of the A's.

I get home from a long shift at McD's, my till was short somehow so I got written up, and all I wanted to do was watch this major bet I made. The game had already started by the time I got it loaded and it was already 5-0 A's. Muller is totally unhittable for KC. Not a hitter in their lineup even has a chance against this ACE.

I'm pissed. This Royals team has proven they are actually far worse than the A's, making THEM the worst MLB team of the last 10+ years.

Forget the new stadium. Contract this whole organization!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:16 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
This team is a ****ing dumpster fire. Currently they are playing the team that many would consider the worst team in MLB this year and possibly the worst MLB team ever fielded in 10+ years. The A's STAR player is Brent Rooker, a player that about 24 teams would DFA if they found him on their roster. Their starting pitcher this evening, Kyle Muller, might be the worst starting pitcher I've ever seen pitch, the way he just lobs 88 mph fastballs down the middle and hopes for the best. I've seen all his starts coming into this game and I really believed the guy just isn't capable of getting MLB hitters out. He's that bad. His ERA coming into this game was 6.28 and that reflects good luck cause his xERA was 7.48. He was WALKING 4.71 batters per 9 which is insanely bad. It would take me a long time to even find a pitcher that walks more batters. His K/9 was under 6.50 ffs.

So I held my nose and paid the -150 to bet big on KC. They were at home and at least Keller has proven that he belongs in the MLB, if nothing more than that. They have real talent in their lineup unlike the Jesus Aguilars of the A's.

I get home from a long shift at McD's, my till was short somehow so I got written up, and all I wanted to do was watch this major bet I made. The game had already started by the time I got it loaded and it was already 5-0 A's. Muller is totally unhittable for KC. Not a hitter in their lineup even has a chance against this ACE.

I'm pissed. This Royals team has proven they are actually far worse than the A's, making them the worse MLB team of the last 10+ years.

Forget the new stadium. Contract this whole organization!
:-)
[Reply]
poolboy 07:17 PM 05-05-2023
Pratto dong...yessir
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07:29 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Pratto dong...yessir
Thought he was known to be really good defensively. Then I see a routine 74mph exit velocity groundball get hit right to him and he decides he'll backhand it for no reason. The ball bounces off his wrist and launches into RF, where MJ Melendez was just casually jogging in to back the play up, so the A's hitter took 2nd.

I'd bench both Pratto and Melendez for their poor effort on that play. Who do they think they are? First ballot hall of famers? Pratto is a AAAA bust in the making with his 40% K-rate and Melendez is a .160 hitter this season that is doing his best to prove that he's also a AAAA player. Yet both just can't be bothered to make even a decent effort on defense. I'd bench them both for a week. I'd send them both down since they have options. You can't have players just not trying.

I'm a huge Pratto hater now, for life, and no solo home run erases that error that he didn't bother even trying on.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:55 PM 05-05-2023
Just need Vinnie, Witt Jr, and Garcia to play like studs, so I can offload some of these cards and make a ton.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:24 PM 05-05-2023
:-) Yeesh. Dude probably got himself fired for this one.

For those asking why Glen Kuiper just made an on-air apology, here's why. pic.twitter.com/k1we7gf3GT

— Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) May 6, 2023

[Reply]
Page 101 of 333
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Up