ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 26
« First < 131920212223 242526 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:24 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Pringle should have kept going. Mahomes pass would have been on the money if Pringle hadn't stopped. Would have been a huge gainer.
And if Mahomes threw it behind him because Pringle kept running…then you’d be bitching about him doing that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:27 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It wasn't zone.
You're right. It was man on that play, I see it now.
[Reply]
O.city 01:27 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're right. It was man on that play, I see it now.
I think DJ is right though, Pringle sees him drifting and starts to sit down. But in man coverage, never stop.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:42 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
You said he would absolutely identify and correct an issue with Patrick's footwork or mechanics.

The Alex Smith example I gave as a rebuttal shows that he either didn't see an issue with Alex Smith that year, or he did a piss poor job of correcting the issue.

It does not matter a single FN iota what he did with Alex Smith. My point is that it's absolutely possible that he doesn't see any issue with Mahomes' footwork or mechanics.

I am not an NFL head coach, or even an NFL waterboy, but it doesn't take an expert to see that the Mahomes we are seeing this year is different than the Mahomes we saw the past 3 years.

If a member of the media asks Reid about it directly, it would force him to either acknowledge that he sees an issue and is working to correct it, or let us know that he doesn't believe there is an issue by giving his stock answer about how Mahomes is wired to always be looking to improve his game.

Just like when he openly acknowledged that the drops are an issue, and that he will personally correct it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
So what issue with mechanics or footwork was responsible for Alex Smith not throwing a TD to a WR for a full season?

The rebuttal is so completely fucking stupid that it's not even a legitimate rebuttal, because it doesn't even make sense.

You then go on to say that it doesn't take an expert to see Mahomes isn't the same as past year's, but go on to say that it's possible that Reid doesn't see an issue with Mahomes.

You are so stuck on this stupid idea that he needs to come out and say something is wrong or you don't think he sees a problem. It's just fucking stupid and you keep posting dumber and dumber shit. You look like a fucking mongloid the more you say.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:51 PM 12-08-2021
In that play to Pringle, I think Pringle sees where the DT is and thought if he keeps running that Mahomes wouldn't have the throwing lane and would get the ball batted down, but Mahomes does Mahomes things and is able to whip it around the DT. If Mahomes throws it overhand there to where Pringle is going, then that ball is batted down. I think Pringle forgot who he had as QB lol.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:51 PM 12-08-2021
The Saints cut WR Kenny Stills’ ass after he dropped a pass resulting in a tipped INT.

I am not suggesting the Chiefs should be cutting their WR’s for dropped passes, but there better be more internal pressure/accountability than Andy’s continued “we are off by just a tick” public messaging.

It’s Week 14 and this same lack of execution keeps happening.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:02 PM 12-08-2021
I think DJ is right though, Pringle sees him drifting and starts to sit down. But in man coverage, never stop.
This. I can't believe that we're now suggesting that a WR should "sit down" against man. I mean, WTF?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:03 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
This. I can't believe that we're now suggesting that a WR should "sit down" against man. I mean, WTF?
I wasn't suggesting he should sit down against man, I didn't realize the play was man until I watched it a 2nd time.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:13 PM 12-08-2021
Gah! We really are soooo close to busting loose.

Like to see Smith handle the stunt better next time. Seemed like the stunt man flashing into Mahomes view forced the issue there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, inartful phrasing on my part.

I'm not saying he should 'sit down' - I'm saying he appears to be responding/reacting to Mahomes seemingly trying to take the play to his left. We often laude WRs for helping out their QB during scramble drills and when Pringle throws on the brakes, it looks like he's trying to do exactly that; reverse field and follow where Mahomes is going to give him someone to throw to.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:02 PM 12-08-2021
Mahomes victimized by the most dropped passes in the NFL currently…

QBs with the most passes dropped this season:

Patrick Mahomes - 30
Justin Herbert - 28
Matthew Stafford - 24
Josh Allen - 21
Jared Goff - 21
Sam Darnold - 21
Tom Brady - 20
Trevor Lawrence - 20
Carson Wentz - 19
Ben Roethlisberger - 19
Daniel Jones - 19

— NFL Stats (@NFL_Stats) December 8, 2021

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:47 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Mahomes victimized by the most dropped passes in the NFL currently…

Couple that with the fact that half of the drops seem to be tipped right into defenders hands.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 03:57 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And if Mahomes threw it behind him because Pringle kept running…then you’d be bitching about him doing that.
Not sure, but I can tell you one thing, you're not as good of a mind reader as Kreskin :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:25 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Not sure, but I can tell you one thing, you're not as good of a mind reader as Kreskin :-)
Someone isn't 'to blame' for every play that doesn't work.

What Pringle did had a rationale behind it and not a bad one at that. We've seen countless plays kept alive by Mahomes and completed on just such a scramble drill. And what Mahomes did was also justified - if Pringle keeps going, there's probably a nice gain on that play to be had.

The play went a little goofy and they just weren't quite on the same page. It happens. Not sure why someone has to have screwed up there - I just don't see it.
[Reply]
-King- 04:53 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Someone isn't 'to blame' for every play that doesn't work.

What Pringle did had a rationale behind it and not a bad one at that. We've seen countless plays kept alive by Mahomes and completed on just such a scramble drill. And what Mahomes did was also justified - if Pringle keeps going, there's probably a nice gain on that play to be had.

The play went a little goofy and they just weren't quite on the same page. It happens. Not sure why someone has to have screwed up there - I just don't see it.
Yeah they both made correct reads it's just that they didnt make the same correct reads.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 26
« First < 131920212223 242526 >
Up