ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 26
« First < 121819202122 23242526 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:30 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
You said he would absolutely identify and correct an issue with Patrick's footwork or mechanics.

The Alex Smith example I gave as a rebuttal shows that he either didn't see an issue with Alex Smith that year, or he did a piss poor job of correcting the issue.

It does not matter a single FN iota what he did with Alex Smith. My point is that it's absolutely possible that he doesn't see any issue with Mahomes' footwork or mechanics.

I am not an NFL head coach, or even an NFL waterboy, but it doesn't take an expert to see that the Mahomes we are seeing this year is different than the Mahomes we saw the past 3 years.

If a member of the media asks Reid about it directly, it would force him to either acknowledge that he sees an issue and is working to correct it, or let us know that he doesn't believe there is an issue by giving his stock answer about how Mahomes is wired to always be looking to improve his game.

Just like when he openly acknowledged that the drops are an issue, and that he will personally correct it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Maybe the issue is that they have tried to fix PM's mechanics and by doing so it has thrown him completely off from what was natural to him. He's now trying to think about what he's doing, getting caught in between and causing some errant throws.
[Reply]
Shaid 10:31 AM 12-08-2021
Against the Raiders we used Kelce to chip block to help the tackles and then peel out in what was almost a screen. The guys playing deep then weren't right on him as soon as he got the ball and he had a little room to work. It worked pretty damn well. I didn't understand why we didn't do the same against the Broncos.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Shaid:
Against the Raiders we used Kelce to chip block to help the tackles and then peel out in what was almost a screen. The guys playing deep then weren't right on him as soon as he got the ball and he had a little room to work. It worked pretty damn well. I didn't understand why we didn't do the same against the Broncos.
The Raiders game plan was about their pass rush, not our pass routes.

The Broncos didn't present nearly the pass rush threat Crosby and the Raiders did, IMO so they didn't feel like Kelce needed to stay in and help.

I see your point about opening up the routes but I don't think they approached it that way, they were thinking about keeping the pocket clean.
[Reply]
O.city 10:38 AM 12-08-2021

High 50 view https://t.co/n92kUIehKQ pic.twitter.com/WAcZ1Egj2h

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 8, 2021

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Raiders game plan was about their pass rush, not our pass routes.

The Broncos didn't present nearly the pass rush threat Crosby and the Raiders did, IMO so they didn't feel like Kelce needed to stay in and help.

I see your point about opening up the routes but I don't think they approached it that way, they were thinking about keeping the pocket clean.
The Raiders also play a far more aggressive system than the Broncos. Those delayed routes work nicely against them because they're not just dropping into short zones and waiting. They're coming downhill and that lets Kelce get a chip and get into space.

It just won't work as well against the sort of passive system that Fangio runs.

What would've worked really nicely is catching the fucking football.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:39 AM 12-08-2021

[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:40 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
DAMNIT! Pringle! That was a TD!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:42 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Robert California:
Has anyone considered the fact that Tyreek only has two fingers to catch with now as opposed to a full five last year
What's this about? Is it a peace sign joke?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:45 AM 12-08-2021
We are so close to exploding on offense. Just clean up drops.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
DAMNIT! Pringle! That was a TD!
Eh - hard to criticize Pringle there as well. He saw Mahomes dart to his left and thought he would help out his QB by coming back to him if he was going to scramble left. Then Mahomes just snaps a throw off.

Nobody to blame there, IMO - I don't think anyone did anything clearly wrong. It just happens sometimes. If anything I think that might be a fair example of Mahomes being a little too cute. He's stepping to his left and his eyes are at Kelce. He's giving every impression in the world that he's looking for Pringle to stop in the soft spot in the zone there.

Then he threw it as a crosser.

I really can't find much fault with Pringle there. He was put in a real no-win situation.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 12:22 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh - hard to criticize Pringle there as well. He saw Mahomes dart to his left and thought he would help out his QB by coming back to him if he was going to scramble left. Then Mahomes just snaps a throw off.

Nobody to blame there, IMO - I don't think anyone did anything clearly wrong. It just happens sometimes. If anything I think that might be a fair example of Mahomes being a little too cute. He's stepping to his left and his eyes are at Kelce. He's giving every impression in the world that he's looking for Pringle to stop in the soft spot in the zone there.

I really can't find much fault with Pringle there. He was put in a real no-win situation.
Pringle should have kept going. Mahomes pass would have been on the money if Pringle hadn't stopped. Would have been a huge gainer.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:20 PM 12-08-2021
The Raiders also play a far more aggressive system than the Broncos. Those delayed routes work nicely against them because they're not just dropping into short zones and waiting. They're coming downhill and that lets Kelce get a chip and get into space.

It just won't work as well against the sort of passive system that Fangio runs.

What would've worked really nicely is catching the fucking football.
Yup.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:23 PM 12-08-2021

I think Pringle actually did the right thing there. It was a zone defense, he was supposed to sit in the hole. Patrick's anticipation of the play was just...off.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:23 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Pringle should have kept going. Mahomes pass would have been on the money if Pringle hadn't stopped. Would have been a huge gainer.
Against zone, you're supposed to stop.
[Reply]
O.city 01:24 PM 12-08-2021
It wasn't zone.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 26
« First < 121819202122 23242526 >
Up