ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 26
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Man, it's just such a violent game. You realize it so much when you see it live, which you obviously do as well.

I just can't figure out what's happened to the offense. I don't much count this Denver game, they always struggle against Fangio's defense like that. So that's fine.

But there's dudes open. For big plays as well. Just not hitting it.
I've talked about how eye opening going to camp was.

Sure, it looks violent from the seats - much more so than from the television. But it's NOTHING compared to field level.

When we were out there on the sidelines during practice it was shocking how brutal these hits are. Even seemingly benign shots. There was just an off-tackle right play where Ware got himself a little space and a safety came over after 5-7 yards and popped him as he angled towards the sideline. It was the kind of contact you see 40 times/gm but it was maybe 15 ft away from us and when you hear those pads pop and the wind blast out of them as they hit the ground. Shit it's amazing these guys make it through the season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:05 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Mahomes has thrown more balls short, and at the feet of the receivers, this year, than he has the previous 3 years.

Most are throws that he absolutely makes in his sleep the past 3 years. I know most of the responsibility to correct his mechanics or whatever is on Mahomes, but I wish someone in the media would ask Kafka/Reid if they are doing anything to address this issue.

In the post game press conference, Reid said that he would address/correct the issue with the dropped passes, and it would have been a perfect opportunity for someone to follow up with a question about Patrick's footwork or mechanics.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Considering how good Kafka was as a QB himself, teaching solid fundamentals/mechanics might be the only value he brings. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 12-08-2021
Mahomes has thrown more balls short, and at the feet of the receivers, this year, than he has the previous 3 years.

Most are throws that he absolutely makes in his sleep the past 3 years. I know most of the responsibility to correct his mechanics or whatever is on Mahomes, but I wish someone in the media would ask Kafka/Reid if they are doing anything to address this issue.

In the post game press conference, Reid said that he would address/correct the issue with the dropped passes, and it would have been a perfect opportunity for someone to follow up with a question about Patrick's footwork or mechanics.

Nah - I'm sure they're just ignoring it. Patrick, too.

Nobody's working to improve issues on the team. Just gonna sail right along...
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:06 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
IShit it's amazing these guys make it through the season.
The majority of them don't.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:16 AM 12-08-2021
Nah - I'm sure they're just ignoring it. Patrick, too.

Nobody's working to improve issues on the team. Just gonna sail right along...
Don't be daft. I did not say they weren't working on it, but if a member of the media asks the question, Kafka's response or Reid's response would at least let us know if they would at least acknowledge that there is an issue to begin with.

If they don't think there is an issue, why would they be working on it?

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM 12-08-2021
Don't be daft. I did not say they weren't working on it, but if a member of the media asks the question, Kafka's response or Reid's response would at least let us know if they would at least acknowledge that there is an issue to begin with.

If they don't think there is an issue, why would they be working on it?

A) You're going to get inane coach speak
B) If there's an issue, don't you think they see it?

Do you not remember that SI piece 3-4 years ago about Reid? Dude gets to the stadium at like 5am and stays there through midnight or so. This is his LIFE. And Andy Reid knows a LOT about football.

So he's not missing 'issues' due to lack of preparation of effort. And he's not overlooking them due to ignorance.

If there's a mechanical snag that's impacting Mahomes accuracy, they know about it. And if there's an in-season fix, they're working on it.

This isn't Romeo Crennel, fellas. This is arguably the best offensive mind of his generation and one of the best teachers the sport's seen. This guy knows his shit.

Yes, if there's a problem, Reid and company have identified it and are working on getting it fixed. I don't know how that would even be up for debate.
[Reply]
-King- 09:25 AM 12-08-2021
Why don't we see Reid sitting with Mahomes as much or even at all?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:31 AM 12-08-2021
A) You're going to get inane coach speak

B) If there's an issue, don't you think they see it?

Do you not remember that SI piece 3-4 years ago about Reid? Dude gets to the stadium at like 5am and stays there through midnight or so. This is his LIFE. And Andy Reid knows a LOT about football.

So he's not missing 'issues' due to lack of preparation of effort. And he's not overlooking them due to ignorance.

If there's a mechanical snag that's impacting Mahomes accuracy, they know about it. And if there's an in-season fix, they're working on it.

This isn't Romeo Crennel, fellas. This is arguably the best offensive mind of his generation and one of the best teachers the sport's seen. This guy knows his shit.

Yes, if there's a problem, Reid and company have identified it and are working on getting it fixed. I don't know how that would even be up for debate.
You mean the Andy Reid who coached an entire season where his QB didn't throw a single TD pass to a Wide Receiver?

That Andy Reid?

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:32 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Probably feels like they're past that. Which might be a mistake given the way things are going.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:35 AM 12-08-2021
Reid is an offensive genius but he seems to be off or distracted this year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 AM 12-08-2021
You mean the Andy Reid who coached an entire season where his QB didn't throw a single TD pass to a Wide Receiver?

That Andy Reid?
And STILL managed a 9-7 record and a dead average NFL offense despite a woefully deficient WR group?

Yeah - THAT Andy Reid. The same Andy Reid that took that gunshy quarterback and turned him into a 4K yard passer with a 5-1 TD/INT ratio who led the league in passer rating and adjusted yards/passing attempt.

Andy Reid doesn't know offense and quarterback play - that's where you're going to plant your flag?

Good luck.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Probably feels like they're past that. Which might be a mistake given the way things are going.
Possibly.

I have seen them together, though. I think part of it may just be that it's not novel anymore - it's not 'camera worthy'.

Another part is that Mahomes now has a leadership role of his own. A lot of the time he's pacing the sidelines and talking to players. Reid obviously respects Mahomes role as a leader in his own right - some of this is letting the kid leave the nest a little bit.

But to act like Reid's just tossing Mahomes a ball and Bieniemy a playsheet and saying "alright kids, you do you..." is just folly.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:39 AM 12-08-2021
Because the camera isn't on them? Weird question.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:47 AM 12-08-2021
And STILL managed a 9-7 record and a dead average NFL offense despite a woefully deficient WR group?

Yeah - THAT Andy Reid. The same Andy Reid that took that gunshy quarterback and turned him into a 4K yard passer with a 5-1 TD/INT ratio who led the league in passer rating and adjusted yards/passing attempt.

Andy Reid doesn't know offense and quarterback play - that's where you're going to plant your flag?

Good luck.
You said he would absolutely identify and correct an issue with Patrick's footwork or mechanics.

The Alex Smith example I gave as a rebuttal shows that he either didn't see an issue with Alex Smith that year, or he did a piss poor job of correcting the issue.

It does not matter a single FN iota what he did with Alex Smith. My point is that it's absolutely possible that he doesn't see any issue with Mahomes' footwork or mechanics.

I am not an NFL head coach, or even an NFL waterboy, but it doesn't take an expert to see that the Mahomes we are seeing this year is different than the Mahomes we saw the past 3 years.

If a member of the media asks Reid about it directly, it would force him to either acknowledge that he sees an issue and is working to correct it, or let us know that he doesn't believe there is an issue by giving his stock answer about how Mahomes is wired to always be looking to improve his game.

Just like when he openly acknowledged that the drops are an issue, and that he will personally correct it.

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:49 AM 12-08-2021
Another part is that Mahomes now has a leadership role of his own. A lot of the time he's pacing the sidelines and talking to players. Reid obviously respects Mahomes role as a leader in his own right - some of this is letting the kid leave the nest a little bit.
This is pretty much exactly what I meant by "they're past that". :-)
[Reply]
Page 21 of 26
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up