ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 26
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:53 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If you can't trust the Hall of Fame guys to catch the ball or avoid fumbles, it completely undermines everything with the offense. We know the rest of the skill players cannot be trusted as well, so Kelce & Tyreek have to figure out this stuff. It ain't just tip balls either. Both of them have had momentum-changing fumbles this year too.
And one thing Pringle has ALWAYS done is catch the damn football. Even Pringle, who's problems are more explosion than anything, has started dropping balls. This is a guy who hauled one in as he was getting hit last year, got hit again as he spun towards the goal-line then got hit AGAIN and still held onto the ball. He does not drop balls.

And yet here we are...

It's a mental thing at this point. And again, like Mahomes, they'll get through it.

Just keep firing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:59 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And one thing Pringle has ALWAYS done is catch the damn football. Even Pringle, who's problems are more explosion than anything, has started dropping balls. This is a guy who hauled one in as he was getting hit last year, got hit again as he spun towards the goal-line then got hit AGAIN and still held onto the ball. He does not drop balls.

And yet here we are...

It's a mental thing at this point. And again, like Mahomes, they'll get through it.

Just keep firing.
He made a really nice catch in traffic shortly after his first drop. I was like "how does he catch THAT but drop the easy one?"
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:18 PM 12-07-2021
I hate harping on his surgical recovery, but he's not making the off balanced throws he use to in the pocket and that includes threading the needle too. Patrick scrambles and throws like vintage Mahomes but in the pocket he looks awkward. He needs to bite the bullet and learn good and fundamentally clean footwork during his setup in the pocket.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:31 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He made a really nice catch in traffic shortly after his first drop. I was like "how does he catch THAT but drop the easy one?"
And two plays later he dropped another one.

Dropped 2 of 3 from a guy that's never shown those tendencies before. Right now Williams appears to be the only one who doesn't have the drops.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:31 PM 12-07-2021

Dropped 2 of 3 from a guy that's never shown those tendencies before. Right now Williams appears to be the only one who doesn't have the drops.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:36 PM 12-07-2021
Looking like he's the WR2. At work today I told a NE fan Pringle as good as anything in NE. Dude laughed then got pissed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:41 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Looking like he's the WR2. At work today I told a NE fan Pringle as good as anything in NE. Dude laughed then got pissed.
Nah, NE has a couple of guys I'd like to have on this squad.

Mahomes would make viable weapons out of Meyers and especially Bourne, IMO. Nelson Agholar would probably look pretty good as well as he appears to be past the drops that plagued him in Philly.

Jones has a solid little set of WRs to work with. Nobody truly good, but having 3 solidly average options is viable. "Quantity has a quality all its own..."
[Reply]
Robert California 05:59 PM 12-07-2021
Has anyone considered the fact that Tyreek only has two fingers to catch with now as opposed to a full five last year
[Reply]
DRM08 06:04 PM 12-07-2021

Darrell has been hands down the most reliable skill position guy on the offense. At minimum they need to find someone extremely reliable in the off-season. Find a Welker type of dude or something.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:38 AM 12-08-2021
I think it's been said before, with the two high safeties, they are going to get hit more often and that could be in their minds. The hits over the years don't go away, it all adds up and at some point, players have to be thinking about the next hit to their exposed ribs, back, etc. I'm not blaming anyone, the game is violent and players have injuries that they carry with them for life.

Like all of us, they aren't getting any younger...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:44 AM 12-08-2021
Honestly, it looks to me like MOST of the drop problems are looking to run before they've secured the catch.

That's a "trying too hard" problem.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:45 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I think it's been said before, with the two high safeties, they are going to get hit more often and that could be in their minds. The hits over the years don't go away, it all adds up and at some point, players have to be thinking about the next hit to their exposed ribs, back, etc. I'm not blaming anyone, the game is violent and players have injuries that they carry with them for life.

Like all of us, they aren't getting any younger...
It happened to the 'greatest show on turf' Rams as well.

Holt was the one I noticed it most obviously with. He was feeling guys coming and he started giving himself up after catches more and more. Bruce was just getting older and some of their tertiary guys like Hakim and Proehl were just not that good, but you could see Holt start to flinch and even Faulk wasn't playing with the abandon he previously had.

Getting hit isn't fun and it seems they're starting to think about it a bit. Kelce kinda ducking a shot on a ball that he could've maybe made a play on really stood out. Granted, it game after he got blown up on that OPI call over the middle and I think he was just out of sorts from that point forward.

Maybe that's the bigger reason to use the running game more and the biggest failing in not having a 3rd receiving option we trust - there's just less room to spread the load. You take 5 hits/gm from Hill and Kelce by giving those touches to a RB and a 3rd option over the middle and maybe they stop flinching as much.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:52 AM 12-08-2021
Yep.

Too many balls tipped in the air, especially Kelce and Hill.

Some of it is timing - Mahomes has been behind on a few throws that lead to tips but these balls are catchable, ultimately.
Mahomes shouldn't have to be perfect all the time, especially when throwing to two players that are going to end up in the Hall of Fame.

When Kelce or Hill get two hands on the ball, those should be catches, regardless of the fact that the ball is a little behind them, or low, etc.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:54 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Mahomes shouldn't have to be perfect all the time, especially when throwing to two players that are going to end up in the Hall of Fame.

When Kelce or Hill get two hands on the ball, those should be catches, regardless of the fact that the ball is a little behind them, or low, etc.

This is true.

It's also true that Mahomes could improve his accuracy and touch a bit.
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 AM 12-08-2021
It happened to the 'greatest show on turf' Rams as well.

Holt was the one I noticed it most obviously with. He was feeling guys coming and he started giving himself up after catches more and more. Bruce was just getting older and some of their tertiary guys like Hakim and Proehl were just not that good, but you could see Holt start to flinch and even Faulk wasn't playing with the abandon he previously had.

Getting hit isn't fun and it seems they're starting to think about it a bit. Kelce kinda ducking a shot on a ball that he could've maybe made a play on really stood out. Granted, it game after he got blown up on that OPI call over the middle and I think he was just out of sorts from that point forward.

Maybe that's the bigger reason to use the running game more and the biggest failing in not having a 3rd receiving option we trust - there's just less room to spread the load. You take 5 hits/gm from Hill and Kelce by giving those touches to a RB and a 3rd option over the middle and maybe they stop flinching as much.
Man, it's just such a violent game. You realize it so much when you see it live, which you obviously do as well.

I just can't figure out what's happened to the offense. I don't much count this Denver game, they always struggle against Fangio's defense like that. So that's fine.

But there's dudes open. For big plays as well. Just not hitting it.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:02 AM 12-08-2021
This is true.

It's also true that Mahomes could improve his accuracy and touch a bit.
Mahomes has thrown more balls short, and at the feet of the receivers, this year, than he has the previous 3 years.

Most are throws that he absolutely makes in his sleep the past 3 years. I know most of the responsibility to correct his mechanics or whatever is on Mahomes, but I wish someone in the media would ask Kafka/Reid if they are doing anything to address this issue.

In the post game press conference, Reid said that he would address/correct the issue with the dropped passes, and it would have been a perfect opportunity for someone to follow up with a question about Patrick's footwork or mechanics.

[Reply]
Page 20 of 26
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up