ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dropped passes
frozenchief 10:05 PM 12-05-2021
Why can’t we catch the ball? Kielce, Pringle, and Tyreek all dropped catchable passes. those drops really screwed our offensive production. Tyreek’s ‘drop’ led to an interception.

What is going on? Are Kielce and Tyreek injured? What do we do for this season? Drafting or free agency are good answers for next season, not this one. the dropped passes aren’t such an issue with Denver but come playoffs, they will be really large.

I have no idea what is going on or why this is happening now and would love to hear any comments/suggestions.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:50 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I would like to see an end-zone view of this play, though. For one reason: I'm trying to figure out what Hill is doing with his hands.

There's a way to catch that ball and a way to do....well what Hill did. Hill let his right hand take the brunt of the velocity there and almost tried to trap it against his right hand with his left. You're gonna be taught on that ball to extend both arms even and create the 'diamond' so the hands wrap around it.

When you do that, at worst you typically drop it down. But since he let that right hand absorb most of the impact, the ball popped up (and hell, the left hand might have even aided it in that regard).

Just seemed like an odd technique from Hill.
In real time it looks like the velocity of the pass surprised him. Seems like the right hand gets up really late.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:55 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Exactly. 8-4 and have been so sloppy all season. Baltimore NE and Tennessee gave everything to get to that mark while the Chiefs have not come close to their best ball. Scary...
This is where I'm at.....inside the locker room, there is no such thing as "style points...." a win is a win is a win, and a loss is a loss is a loss....

But I'd also wager that Pat, Reek, Travis would all, to a man, say they haven't come close to playing their best football, nor are they happy with where they are at currently.

Sloppy and tons of mistakes, and still in position to fight for the #1 seed....If they can get their shit together, they will be fine, especially if the D continues to play well....
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
In real time it looks like the velocity of the pass surprised him. Seems like the right hand gets up really late.
Yeah - that would explain the ball popping up as well.

Hell maybe the pump ended up deking out Hill and he just didn’t expect the throw.

I’ve not hesitated to criticize Mahomes when I’ve felt it was warranted this season, but that play is on Tyreek.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:28 PM 12-06-2021
What a bunch of ridiculousness that is going on in this thread!
The first point is never going full como.
The second point the biggest issue is the coaching.
The third point is the drops.
The fourth point is the bad passes.
The fifth point is game planning.
The 3rd, 4th, and 5th points can be traced back to the second point easily.
Coaches should be able to figure out the right course of action to correct all of these drops, whether that is Mahomes or bad habits. Coaches should be able to correct Mahomes' bad passes, part of that might be fixed if the drops were fixed. Coaches should be able to game plan much better, even if that is just a continuation of the first script that works so well before it all goes to crap.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:35 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I would like to see an end-zone view of this play, though. For one reason: I'm trying to figure out what Hill is doing with his hands.

There's a way to catch that ball and a way to do....well what Hill did. Hill let his right hand take the brunt of the velocity there and almost tried to trap it against his right hand with his left. You're gonna be taught on that ball to extend both arms even and create the 'diamond' so the hands wrap around it.

When you do that, at worst you typically drop it down. But since he let that right hand absorb most of the impact, the ball popped up (and hell, the left hand might have even aided it in that regard).

Just seemed like an odd technique from Hill.
For whatever reason Pat has been off target all year. He's just not as accurate as he was before...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:37 PM 12-06-2021
In the offseason Patrick may have to eat his pride and refine his footwork because his toe injury now seems to be fucking with him with his cavalier playing style
[Reply]
wazu 05:50 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
For whatever reason Pat has been off target all year. He's just not as accurate as he was before...
Just looking at stats it doesn't look as good as in the past. One interesting thing - he's going to end up rushing for more yards than ever this year, and more yards per carry. Weird because it feels like he's done less of that this year.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:52 PM 12-06-2021
I’m sure this has been mentioned before, but PM2’s body language looks off on the sidelines. Like he’s less able to move on from mistakes than in years past.

Pressure can be a bitch.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:12 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I’m sure this has been mentioned before, but PM2’s body language looks off on the sidelines. Like he’s less able to move on from mistakes than in years past.

Pressure can be a bitch.
You can be a bitch. Let's see your body language when your co-worker doesn't pull their weight.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:16 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

Pressure can be a bitch.
Yeah he's not as fiery, doesn't look cool and confident like in the past. Isn't stalking the sideline firing people up. Isn't sitting with Andy and going over the offense.

Everything is just off with him this year.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:48 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Yeah he's not as fiery, doesn't look cool and confident like in the past. Isn't stalking the sideline firing people up. Isn't sitting with Andy and going over the offense.

:-)

Have you even been to a game this year? Mahomes has spent plenty of time firing up the crowd.

After his huge TD run against the Donks- he high-fived a fan and pumped the crowd up. I guess that does not fit your narrative. :-)
[Reply]
carcosa 08:52 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

You have to know that making any kind of assessment based on what someone happens to be doing during the brief moments when some TV director decides to put them on camera is just not something a serious person does, right?
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:53 PM 12-06-2021
Mahomes favorite sauces on his chicken tenders.

1. BBQ
2. Honey Mustard
3. Ketchup
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:55 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
You have to know that making any kind of assessment based on what someone happens to be doing during the brief moments when some TV director decides to put them on camera is just not something a serious person does, right?
:-)

He acts like Brock Mahomes is on suicide watch.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:55 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
foot injury?
[Reply]
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up