ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Media Center>Youtube.TV
Fish 11:07 PM 11-09-2017
Anybody else using this?

I just switched over from SlingTV to YoutubeTV. Seems great so far. Offers NBC, which Sling annoyingly didn't and the main reason I switched. Also FS1. But not sure if that means Royals games. ESPN. All the normal stations plus cable stuff like Discovery, Syfy, History, NG, etc.

Interface is infinitely better. Ability to pause no matter what. I'm really liking this so far.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 12:33 PM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
:-) Tell me more...
Still have a big ol AM radio at home. Sunset on the patio and listening to the sounds of spring in the background while baseball serenades me as the sun drops in the sky.

After a month of no cable, I didn’t miss a damn beat. I read more for sure. And that was 10 years ago that I cut the cord.

Since family members share a few passwords, I can watch certain subscriptions on various apps. But it’s rare that I do that.

It’s almost summer. Outside is where you find me until the sun begins to blaze.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:01 PM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Still have a big ol AM radio at home. Sunset on the patio and listening to the sounds of spring in the background while baseball serenades me as the sun drops in the sky.

After a month of no cable, I didn’t miss a damn beat. I read more for sure. And that was 10 years ago that I cut the cord.

Since family members share a few passwords, I can watch certain subscriptions on various apps. But it’s rare that I do that.

It’s almost summer. Outside is where you find me until the sun begins to blaze.
I like this. I like it a lot... :-)
[Reply]
RedandGold 02:14 PM 04-12-2023
Last night, we set up a free trial of FuboTV, and that’s the way to go if you like sports, and don’t plan on springing for Sunday Ticket. Bally works through their app on Apple TV where we wouldn’t have to pay for the separate app that has audio issues.

We have been hanging onto Dish for no reason for way too long, and this gives us a better alternative for less.
[Reply]
RedandGold 02:15 PM 04-12-2023
Gotta admit, the baseball on the radio idea is sounding pretty good too!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:26 PM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by RedandGold:
Gotta admit, the baseball on the radio idea is sounding pretty good too!
Ricky Horton sucks too hard to listen to for 150+ games.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:38 PM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Ricky Horton sucks too hard to listen to for 150+ games.
Don’t disagree whatsoever, but he’s worlds ahead of Claiborne or Thompson when they’re on.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:02 PM 04-12-2023
Honestly, for the Royals, I'm not sure who could announce the game and not be hated. It's like Rex Huddler, that dude is just a little to happy and forgiving for me. Like he was stoned and just happy to be alive because, well just because. Too forgiving.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:12 PM 04-12-2023
Honestly, for the Royals, I'm not sure who could announce the game and not be hated. It's like Rex Huddler, that dude is just a little to happy and forgiving for me. Like he was stoned and just happy to be alive because, well just because. Too forgiving.
Team announcers just aren't really ever going to be overly critical of their employer. When a team has been bad for so long and all they ever hear is rah rah stuff, the guy ends up being hated just because he's the mouth of the franchise.

There was a time in the late 90's/early2000's where I simply couldn't listen to Mitch anymore. It just felt like he was trying to blow smoke up our asses all the time.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:39 PM 04-12-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
why is it a scam? You dont have to select anything. And better than DirecTV and other providers, you're not tied into any contract when you do sign up or add on any of the premium channels. You can walk away at any time (and no equipment to return by 'x' date or a massive surcharge, etc. etc. etc.).

I'll never go back to cable or Satellite.......especially now that YouTubeTV has the NFL package.
When I first signed up to YTTV, I wanted the ESPN sports channels to watch college basketball and MNF.

I didn't want to mess around with illegal streams.

YT had that plus the local over the air channels and it cost $35 a month.

Now I have dozens and dozens of more channels I never watch, the costs has more than doubled to $75 or whatever it is...

And it doesn't even freaking have all the Kansas BB games because ESPN+ is a separate subscription.

It is certainly a scam compared to $35 I was paying even with some inflation.

And I know have a better TV, but if I want the 4K option, here is an option to stiff you again.

No, my $35 option didn't have 4K but the general nature of technology improvement is you pay about the same price for something and get more capabilities. I'm not buying $10,000 laptops or paying $400 for broadband compared to ten years ago.

But when there is a lack of real competition...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:51 AM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
When I first signed up to YTTV, I wanted the ESPN sports channels to watch college basketball and MNF.

I didn't want to mess around with illegal streams.

YT had that plus the local over the air channels and it cost $35 a month.

Now I have dozens and dozens of more channels I never watch, the costs has more than doubled to $75 or whatever it is...

And it doesn't even freaking have all the Kansas BB games because ESPN+ is a separate subscription.

It is certainly a scam compared to $35 I was paying even with some inflation.

And I know have a better TV, but if I want the 4K option, here is an option to stiff you again.

No, my $35 option didn't have 4K but the general nature of technology improvement is you pay about the same price for something and get more capabilities. I'm not buying $10,000 laptops or paying $400 for broadband compared to ten years ago.

But when there is a lack of real competition...
100% agree with this, but technically "scam" (and I used it first) isn't accurate.

That said I don't think there's a word that means:

"Paying more for less, having the interface be for more challenging than before, and being told that '"it's just the new way" doesn't mean it's not bullshit, not an improvement for most people, and "the industry" is really working hard to charge more than you used to pay and tell you that a'la carte means you only pay for what you want and trying (badly) to convince you that it's awesome compared to what you had before."
[Reply]
bigjosh 06:56 AM 04-13-2023
It surprises me every time i learn that people are paying 70+ for live tv services.

I just cant fathom paying that much for tv when you can get antenna and a couple of other subs and have almost everything at your fingertips any time.
[Reply]
srvy 11:38 PM 04-13-2023
Buddy Blatner Denny Matthews Denny Trease and Splits who could hate them?
[Reply]
srvy 11:39 PM 04-13-2023
Mike Shannon was ok but to short a time frame. The Bob Davis guy many hated I didn't
[Reply]
srvy 11:40 PM 04-13-2023
Hud I am suspicious no one is that nice. Skeletons?
[Reply]
srvy 12:04 AM 04-14-2023
I don't mind paying for youtube tv it has almost everything I get use out of. The Problem is the subs they hook you in with shows you want to see. Entice you with free or a low rate at first for so many days knowing that you will never finish the show in the trial phase and almost all have gone to a weekly format. They make it hard to find the cancel online. Its a lot like roping you into the old magazine subs where you by 6 or seven subs for a year for 19 bucks. By the time your sub runs out you cant find the company that sold you this sub and boom they have your card on file and charge it and 30 to 40 bucks a subscription. You're fucked for another year and on and on till your card is reissued. If you used paypal even then you are you are hooked, its a scam.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Up