ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 360
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:03 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's awful. The front of my Firebird sits an inch, maybe two at the most off the ground. It looks great while it's sitting around, looks great in motion as well.....

But man.....its such a pain in the ass to drive. I have to approach every curb, every dip in the road and every slopped driveway with caution. I usually cant pull all the way into a parking spot or i risk ****ing up the front of the car.

Finding a place to change my oil or tires? PFFFFFF.......most lifts cant get under my car.

Tow Truck? Yeah ****ing right. Flat bed only, and even then i have to lodge 2x4's under it to get it onto the ramp.

Its a blessing and a curse.
I know what you are saying.

I have 4" I think at this point between the ground and my lowest suspension points. I had to raise the front 1/2" and the rear about an inch this weekend in prep for its first drive since tear down, paint, and new front suspension. Hasn't been on the road in 2.5 years but I plan to get it out Friday for some test drives.

Interior needs finished.

Carb will be gone soon and replaced with fuel injection.

Only need 2 things to get her done, time and $.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:04 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah, I've seen a lot of people lowering their Challengers. Seems expensive to me. I've already got a 392 Hemi 6.4L 485HP engine to move me down the road.

Don't know if I need to gain more speed by changing the car's height to battle natures laws that will slow me down.
Most cars aren't lowered for speed, it's for looks.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:04 PM 03-18-2015
tentative build date is 4/20.
:-)

Reschedule that! Don't want dudes being high getting that ready!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:05 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
See, you're learning already. :-)
You're dead on, cat back systems don't improve flow enough to make much difference so you're just changing the sound.
There is some guy saying that and another comes back with yes it does. Whatever.

There is a mod I was looking at that put a cold air intake system, performance cat back and a computer chip in that gained 58HP on my car. I guess its not some company BS to sell the mod. Actual users have put it on their cars and posted the results.

I'm afraid of putting those mods on because I could blow the warranty right out of the box plus its a damn fast car already. Don't want to kill myself having a little fun.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:06 PM 03-18-2015
Good looking ride Marcy.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:07 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Pro-touring trend is huge and they would say its performance handling based.

I actually have the TCI Pro Touring Clip on my car,which means it will handle like a stock Civic rather than a brick now. :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:10 PM 03-18-2015
Good looking ride Marcy.
Thanks its been a long haul but I can almost see the end of the tunnel.

Interior, audio, injection, and some new wheels and tires and I am done for a few years until I get to have my turbo LSX motor I want. :-)
[Reply]
Radar Chief 07:14 PM 03-18-2015
Dayam! Sweet ride Marcellus.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 07:18 PM 03-18-2015
go ahead and point and laugh at the n00b. Deserve it. A full grown man should have more information on how cars work than I. I'm getting up to speed.:-)

I learned a helluva lot finding out about gears, how it transfers energy and how it makes the Scat Pack Shaker stay in the same neighborhood(at least till 90mph) against the Hellcat.
http://youtu.be/0ZPbeEUWZ6s
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:27 PM 03-18-2015
Radar (and everyone else) if you haven't seen this yet you need to. Its kind of long but this car is ridiculous.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:37 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Reschedule that! Don't want dudes being high getting that ready!
You would have to be crazy to smoke some weed and then get behind the wheel of a car with that much power.:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:42 PM 03-18-2015
Nothing wrong with that. Same with the cat back exhaust. Just admit your doing it for looks or just because you like it. Don't say its for performance. It's your car. Make it your own however you want it.

No one on here is saying that. Just a pet peeve of mine as I read and learn.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:46 PM 03-18-2015
So about keeping that black paint looking good Marcellus .......

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:51 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So about keeping that black paint looking good Marcellus .......

Oh I know, I know.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:54 PM 03-18-2015
I may have posted these randomly before. The 2 cars I miss the most.

Chad from Modified by KC tuning my subie on e85

my 505 WHP 10 second full weight T/A

[Reply]
Page 11 of 360
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up