ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1983 of 4822
« First < 983148318831933197319791980198119821983 198419851986198719932033208324832983 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:06 AM 09-02-2018
What a shit roster :-) Complete dog shit
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 06:48 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

After 1 season :-)
DeAngelo Henderson should be on the team, Booker should have been cut. Outside of Langley, all these guys will get picked up by other teams
[Reply]
New World Order 07:11 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
DeAngelo Henderson should be on the team, Booker should have been cut. Outside of Langley, all these guys will get picked up by other teams
Booker is worthless.

He may be the worst running back in the NFL.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 08:29 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

:-)
You guys all fall for his shtick hook, line and sinker, but this is the most blatant post KnowMo's ever made that he's just a meme, not actually a delusional homer. Even the blindest, rosiest homer Bronco cockchuggers I've seen anywhere on the internet hate Lynch and were praying for his merciful release. They hate this move.

But troll gonna troll, and he's winning. You guys are like his prison bitches.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:01 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Keep talking, clown /Mike Klis voice

Klit is the biggest meathead in sports journalism :-)

I'm talking like, sub-80 IQ. Knuckle-dragging Garrett Bolles-type intelligence
[Reply]
vailpass 09:16 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I remember KnowShit posting a tweet about how Josey Jewel was making an impression in camp. Didn't he get cut too?

Hai gaiz! I’m going to talk shit about someone posting inaccurate information by posting inaccurate information!

Jewell not only did not get cut he had an outstanding camp and is seen as a starting-caliber LB in the near future.

He also drives a vehicle powered by fossil fuel formed from dinosaurs who walked the earth a million years ago you inbred fuck.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:18 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Booker is worthless.

He may be the worst running back in the NFL.
Booker is indeed shit. Only reason I can even guess at for keeping the even bigger shit named Lynch is that he’d cost a half million more in dead money than it does to keep him. Which is still a waste of a roster spot.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:42 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Booker is indeed shit. Only reason I can even guess at for keeping the even bigger shit named Lynch is that he’d cost a half million more in dead money than it does to keep him. Which is still a waste of a roster spot.
If your buck-toothed, horse-humper of a GM didn't do such a terrible job of cap management....he could cut his failed draft picks.

So essentially your team cant even afford to cut it's draft busts and has to keep the dead weight on the roster...while letting better young players walk.

I said 6 months ago that Lynch costs more to cut than keep...and Horseface was trying to find some sucker to take on his salary.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:56 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
If your buck-toothed, horse-humper of a GM didn't do such a terrible job of cap management....he could cut his failed draft picks.

So essentially your team cant even afford to cut it's draft busts and has to keep the dead weight on the roster...while letting better young players walk.

I said 6 months ago that Lynch costs more to cut than keep...and Horseface was trying to find some sucker to take on his salary.
Of course they can afford it, that’s not what I said. It’s a $500k difference which is nothing. Try to read without listening to the voices in your head.

From ESPN: he will count $2.584 million against their salary cap but still be cheaper than the $3.184 million he would have counted against the cap had they released him. Unless there are a pile of injuries or Kelly falters in practice it’s unlikely Lynch will appear in any games this season.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:02 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Of course they can afford it, that’s not what I said. It’s a $500k difference which is nothing. Try to read without listening to the voices in your head.
No...Lynch is only on the team because his full salary accelerates to this year's cap.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:03 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Jewel playing for Denver still pisses me the fuck off

Me too. He’s too good for them.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:33 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Me too. He’s too good for them.
Nah. He’s in a good situation. I’m happy as hell to have one of my Hawks playing for my pro team. They really like him there. It’s great to see Hawks in the league.

From Denver Post:

Von Miller’s sometimes goofy persona often takes the form of assigning teammate nicknames. Even for those Broncos who already have one.

Back in Iowa, they called rookie Josey Jewell “The Outlaw.”

Not Miller.
“You’re talking about Red Beard?” Miller said when asked to evaluate the 6-foot-1, 234-pound inside linebacker with the ginger-tinted beard beneath a swath of black hair.

“He’s called me that twice now,” Jewell told The Denver Post. “I might have to put a little black color in my beard.”

All light-hearted rookie teasing aside, Jewell has done his best to stand out through his play — a difficult task considering his circumstances. A hamstring injury held Jewell out of the first five days of training camp. He returned Friday for individual drills and seven-on-seven work and has since been a full participant the past two practices

Jewell started as a walk-on at Iowa, became the first sophomore team captain in coach Kirk Ferentz’s tenure and finished his career ranked inside the program’s top five for career tackles (437). His Broncos rise, though, appears more fast-tracked.

“(Jewell) is one of my favorite rookies, man,” Miller said. “I just love the way he plays. He may be a rookie, but when you talk to him, it really doesn’t feel like he’s a rookie. When you see him play, it doesn’t look like he’s a rookie. He’s going to play in this league for a long time. I just like his intensity. I like having conversations with him. He’s going to be great for us.”

Big-time praise from a six-time Pro Bowler.

“That’s crazy he said that,” Jewell said.

Jewell “quarterbacked” Iowa’s defense at middle linebacker. He shifted to the weak side in Denver. That transition retains the communication and leadership skills that made Jewell so effective with the Hawkeyes. It hasn’t gone unnoticed by teammates like inside linebacker Brandon Marshall, who called Jewell “extremely smart.”

“You don’t have to call as much stuff (on the weak side), but you’re still supposed to help out the ‘mike’ (middle) if there are ever any calls,” Jewell said. “You have to really know it all. Early on, I think that helped me out a lot.”

Jewell says he finds time to better understand his assignments at nearly every available moment before and after practice.

“You have to study the playbook if you want to build trust,” he said .

But applying it to scrimmage settings requires patience.

“He was a little anxious to get his first hitting action in the NFL. Of course as a rookie, you would,” Marshall said. “You want to show what you can do, kind of test the waters a little bit. But I thought he did well.”

Jewell said: “I got out there yesterday for a little hitting stuff, and I think I got out of hand a bit trying to make some contact and wanting to get back into it. You can’t go out there and try to kill everybody right away. You’ve got to stay focused on the small details and stay focused on your job.”

Broncos coach Vance Joseph expects Jewell to compete for a prominent role at inside linebacker, pending his rookie learning curve, with the necessity of being a “core guy” on special teams. Jewel admits he’s not at 100 percent full health but believes he’ll get there within the next several days.

“He’s pushing to get playing time in our certain packages,” Joseph said. “I’ve been impressed with him from a mental standpoint. He doesn’t make mistakes, and that’s a nice sign for a young player.”

Jewell doesn’t yet carry enough weight in the Broncos’ locker room to nix a nickname. So, if Red Beard sticks, so be it. But Denver fans can expect a playing style that matches his first moniker.

The Outlaw is ready.
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/08/0...ing-camp-2018/
[Reply]
vailpass 10:38 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
No...Lynch is only on the team because his full salary accelerates to this year's cap.
Dumb ass.

he will count $2.584 million against their salary cap but still be cheaper than the $3.184 million he would have counted against the cap had they released him. Unless there are a pile of injuries or Kelly falters in practice it’s unlikely Lynch will appear in any games this season.
ESPN
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:45 AM 09-02-2018
Broncos claimed ex-Redskins QB Kevin Hogan. Interesting ...
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:49 AM 09-02-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan:
Broncos claimed ex-Redskins QB Kevin Hogan. Interesting ...
Best 4th string QB in the league???
[Reply]
Page 1983 of 4822
« First < 983148318831933197319791980198119821983 198419851986198719932033208324832983 > Last »
Up