ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 163
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
Womble 06:49 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
To be fair, though, Chelsea have had no leadership at all this season. Tuchel made all those big moves and the team regressed back to their natural position at the middle of the table. Sterling is about the same player as Pulisic at this point in their careers so that move was just stupid to spend that much on a like for like replacement essentially. I don’t think anyone will be upset when Pulisic is free from that nightmare. That ship has been sinking for awhile and Pulisic has wanted off. It’s sad they couldn’t free him during the last transfer window
The comparison with Sterling isn't really apt, even though they occupy a similar position. Sterling is more of a wide forward who's best trait is making well times runs from the flanks into the box to get on the end of crosses and cut backs. Pulisic is more of a ball to feet player and his main game is more of a ten from out wide who can also dribble proficiently. Essentially I see/saw Pulisic as a direct replacement for Hazard and he's just not even close to what Hazard produced in his early years at Chelsea when he was Pulisic's age. He doesn't take on players as much as he should given his dribbling prowess and too often takes up bad positions where he really cant influence the game if he's passed the ball there. I just think he's more suited to play for a smaller team who won't be facing teams that defend as deep as most teams do when they play us.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:10 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
The comparison with Sterling isn't really apt, even though they occupy a similar position. Sterling is more of a wide forward who's best trait is making well times runs from the flanks into the box to get on the end of crosses and cut backs. Pulisic is more of a ball to feet player and his main game is more of a ten from out wide who can also dribble proficiently. Essentially I see/saw Pulisic as a direct replacement for Hazard and he's just not even close to what Hazard produced in his early years at Chelsea when he was Pulisic's age. He doesn't take on players as much as he should given his dribbling prowess and too often takes up bad positions where he really cant influence the game if he's passed the ball there. I just think he's more suited to play for a smaller team who won't be facing teams that defend as deep as most teams do when they play us.
It doesn’t help that Chelsea don’t have much talent up top to offer him support either. It sucks that he’s never gotten to play with a real #9 scoring threat. I think that was the biggest mistake Chelsea obviously made. They had the talent at Wingers and Midfield and refused to improve at the #9 this offseason for some reason. If he had a legitimate goal scoring striker I think his game would finally be able to blossom and you’d see his full potential, but unfortunately the US team and Chelsea are inept at finding talent at Striker. Would love to see him be able to escape to a team still battling for a Europa or Champions league spot. Don’t need him sticking around Chelsea and becoming complacent as a substitute for a mid-table team.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 07:40 AM 11-29-2022
Moving to Liverpool and working with Klopp again may be the best option.

They were interested in him when he moved to Chelsea and then again last summer. Rumour is they want him in January too.

Klopp is someone who gets the best out of people so would be good to see.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:52 AM 11-29-2022
This Senegal-Ecuador game should be a fun one to decide who moves on. A couple really fun decisive games today. This World Cup has already had some really fun matches and upsets. Excited to see what the final days of group play bring.

As far as the match goes later-I look for us to run the same lineup as we did against England. Sargent or Haji will get the start. I don’t think it’s time to bring Ferreira into the lineup in as bad of form as he’s been, but I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing him on as a change of pace sub today either. Possibly bring the subs in a little earlier if we haven’t broken their back line, but I don’t think it’s time to tinker with the lineup too much. We’ve looked good-just need to finish. It’s always our Achilles heel. Let’s get over that hump today-get a comfortable win and build some confidence going into the knockout rounds! USA!!!
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:03 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
I wouldn’t be that dramatic about it. If he’s not close to the better players around the world then who is?

He’s not in the mbappe, Suarez, lewandowski, Ronaldo category, but he is fighting to earn a spot right below that bracket. He’s on that cusp, so I think you could make an argument either way, and me being biased wouldn’t be a fair assessment.
He isn’t a starting 11 caliber player in the Premier League. There are lots of those but he isn’t one.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:35 AM 11-29-2022
I understand the reasoning but I wish Wales and England weren’t playing at the same time. seems sure to be very interesting.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:46 AM 11-29-2022

Goooaaal from the PK by Senegal. Boneheaded tackle in the box by Ecuador.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:26 AM 11-29-2022

Celebrating today in Qatar, happy 20th birthday @yunusmusah8! 🎂🎂🎂 pic.twitter.com/YZNnNzWQ0x

— U.S. Men's National Soccer Team (@USMNT) November 29, 2022

Hoping for a birthday goal. :-)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:32 AM 11-29-2022
Ecuador ties it back up and takes the 2nd spot back. These last 20 minutes should be a lot of fun. Idrissa Gueye picked up a yellow and is missing the next match…and as I’m typing Senegal grab the lead back. Holy shit what a match!
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:32 AM 11-29-2022
wow back to back goals lol
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:57 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I understand the reasoning but I wish Wales and England weren’t playing at the same time. seems sure to be very interesting.
No way. Englands going to blow them out, they want that #1 seed and only a win secures that. If Iran wins and England ties, England is #2 seed. And if USA wins and England loses, England is again #2 side.

They are playing for a win today.
[Reply]
vonBobo 11:21 AM 11-29-2022
Any options for streaming today's match on Android? I'm not giving the fox sports app money, nor do I have a cable subscription. Thanks for any tips!
[Reply]
tredadda 11:25 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
Any options for streaming today's match on Android? I'm not giving the fox sports app money, nor do I have a cable subscription. Thanks for any tips!
I take it you aren’t able to watch it with an over the air antenna?
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:30 AM 11-29-2022
The fox sports app works for me because I have a cable internet subscription even though I don’t subscribe to cable tv.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:42 AM 11-29-2022
I heard drinking bleach works.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 163
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up