ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Media Center>HBO Max : Peacemaker(2022)
Tribal Warfare 01:02 PM 10-18-2021

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:49 AM 02-20-2022
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Elba. Never watched the one with Smith. I enjoyed the movie (which is saying something since I hate most DC movies), but the TV show is MUCH better than the movie. Peacemaker in the movie was just kinda meh. Really had no interest in the TV show until some of the reviews here.
A lot of the DC and for that matter Marvel shows are better on TV. We want good CGI but basing a movie around cool CGI? If you cant give me more than cool CGI in a movie, count me out.

Deep fakes are getting more and more accessible and common place. See Disney, they hired a guy off the internet that was doing Luke better than the famed Lucas team. More and more people are dropping cable for streaming. They money will be there soon,

The path is obvious to me. Use CGI as part of the story, not the main point. Tell us more about the character, not just a simple back or origin story. The Mandolrian and Peacemaker have shown.... This is the way.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 10:59 AM 02-20-2022
Wow. What a show. I can’t remember cackling at a show like I did with this, especially the last episode.

The casting was just perfect. I hated vigilante at the beginning, probably just because I loved bloodsport with peacemaker so much. But as soon as he lost the toe it turned all the way around for me.

I knew I was a Gunn fan.. guardians being my favorite marvel work. But I’m all in on anything he does in the future
[Reply]
Fish 11:39 AM 02-20-2022
I want to like this. But it's so fucking dumb at times that it just ruins it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:11 PM 02-20-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
The Peacemaker character is the personification of ChiefsPlanet.

Everything about him is like a ChiefsPlanet gag
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:35 PM 02-20-2022
The end of the finale was funny.

Enjoyed it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:19 AM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Stop pretending to be some high brow dude, and just embrace the dumb. It isn't like they aren't doing it on purpose or that they aren't fully aware of all of it.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:23 AM 02-21-2022
I didn't feel like the show really stuck the landing, but just hanging out and living with the characters for the first 4 episodes was amazing until the show remembered that it had to have an actual plot.

The 2nd season will be more of the same -- 4 epic episodes where every character is amazing slowly get bogged down with plot towards the end

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:26 AM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Stop pretending to be some high brow dude, and just embrace the dumb. It isn't like they aren't doing it on purpose or that they aren't fully aware of all of it.
No shit. The opening says proudly…. Yes, we know this is all dumb shit and we are embracing it. Just relax. We know it. You know it. It’s just for some campy fun.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:11 AM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No shit. The opening says proudly…. Yes, we know this is all dumb shit and we are embracing it. Just relax. We know it. You know it. It’s just for some campy fun.
I can't take most dumb shit just for the sake of being dumb these days. Getting old I guess. However, I enjoyed the hell out of this show. It was so well done I'm still a bit astounded.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 05:31 PM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I didn't feel like the show really stuck the landing, but just hanging out and living with the characters for the first 4 episodes was amazing until the show remembered that it had to have an actual plot.

The 2nd season will be more of the same -- 4 epic episodes where every character is amazing slowly get bogged down with plot towards the end

Spoiler!

My only issue with the ending is the same corner shows and movies write them selves into.

In peacemakers first encounter with a butterfly and it was super fast and super strong. He stabbed it and it just kept coming.

The in the last battle 5 of them can take out a whole army of them. It takes the butterflies forever to try and kill one fat guy on the ground as they are all piled on him. They had to nerf them to give the heroes a chance to win.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:47 AM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
My only issue with the ending is the same corner shows and movies write them selves into.

In peacemakers first encounter with a butterfly and it was super fast and super strong. He stabbed it and it just kept coming.

The in the last battle 5 of them can take out a whole army of them. It takes the butterflies forever to try and kill one fat guy on the ground as they are all piled on him. They had to nerf them to give the heroes a chance to win.
Gun shots do a tiny bit more damage than stabbing. :-)

Though I admit that my feelings on the "ease" with which they shot down all the gathered butterflies somewhat mirrored your own.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:38 PM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I can't take most dumb shit just for the sake of being dumb these days. Getting old I guess. However, I enjoyed the hell out of this show. It was so well done I'm still a bit astounded.
I'm kind of trending to the opposite.

Very few narratives come along that are pleasant and surprising. All the stories have been told in some form or another.

The fun comes from banter and character, and dumb goofy bits remain entertaining if they are competently constructed and executed.

As for Peacemaker specifically, almost everything I enjoyed about it was little character bits and line reads, like the scene when Adebayo's GF's coin slot made an appearance in her little powerpoint presentation. The little muttered retorts and grouses.

Also, don't see it noted in this thread, but James Gunn ended up marrying our Agent Harcourt. Whatever you think of the guy, can't question his taste in romantic partners.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:32 PM 03-14-2022
Go on eagle take the helmet take the helmet cawww
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:37 AM 03-20-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Also, don't see it noted in this thread, but James Gunn ended up marrying our Agent Harcourt. Whatever you think of the guy, can't question his taste in romantic partners.
Well done for a dorky director.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:00 PM 03-27-2022
A) I loved this show. Its stupidity was part of it's charm and of course James Gunn just knows how to make stuff funny. The story even stayed interesting and Robert Patrick is always a nice addition to a cast.

B) Harcourt. Oh my word. Jennifer Holland is just unreal.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up