6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:46 PM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
I do think it's interesting they talk about the kid's spin rate on his curve. I'm not sure how much I've heard them talk about something that analytical. Still, it's hard to imagine passing on some of the talent they passed on, especially for someone who is years away. If Rocker or one of the shortstops light it up it's going to look horrible. They have to absolutely hit a grand slam in the 2nd round to even get this back to a passing grade. And that's being generous.
Rocker being paired with Degrom is going to be very interesting. If Rocker finds his velo and adds a Warthan slider...
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:56 PM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
I do think it's interesting they talk about the kid's spin rate on his curve. I'm not sure how much I've heard them talk about something that analytical. Still, it's hard to imagine passing on some of the talent they passed on, especially for someone who is years away. If Rocker or one of the shortstops light it up it's going to look horrible. They have to absolutely hit a grand slam in the 2nd round to even get this back to a passing grade. And that's being generous.
They're only talking about his curve ball spin rate is because thats all they can come up with.

They're fucking morons.
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:18 AM 07-12-2021
Gosh Damn Dayton?

Head scratcher for sure!
[Reply]
Al Bundy 05:45 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
They're only talking about his curve ball spin rate is because thats all they can come up with.

They're fucking morons.
Once they started talking about how they fell in love with the kids family people should know they know the kid doesn't have a shot at being a starter.
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:47 AM 07-12-2021
There is no way you can justify this pick at 7. You could have most likely had him in the 2nd round with the same slot. This is Las Vegas Raider round 1 laughable drafting. No words….
[Reply]
ILChief 05:59 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Well, Hud better brush up on his Baghdad Bob impersonation. He's going to need to spin some serious shit in the second half. Hope he self medicates to get him through August and September!
I wonder what Rufus Dawes is up to
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 06:19 AM 07-12-2021
"Mozzicato, who turned 18 in June, hurled four consecutive no-hitters and recorded a gaudy average of 21.7 strikeouts per 9 innings for his final high school season."

A silver lining?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:39 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
"Mozzicato, who turned 18 in June, hurled four consecutive no-hitters and recorded a gaudy average of 21.7 strikeouts per 9 innings for his final high school season."

A silver lining?
He dominated Connecticut
[Reply]
Jerm 06:48 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
I’m shocked they didn’t reference his Bible study skills…
[Reply]
nychief 06:51 AM 07-12-2021
Cold state pitcher.... ugh... strong Ashe Russell energy with this one. The Royals always sit on their balls.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:02 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
He dominated Connecticut
Not exactly a hotbed of high school baseball talent . . . . . .

This pick . . . . . . I don't know. I mean, I get what they're doing (going underslot because they have their eye on someone dropping to the second to them). But my god . . . . . . .

I've said for months now that my favorite 4 prospects in this draft were the Vandy pitchers, House and Jobe. Leiter & Jobe went 2 and 3, understandable. But to have House and Rocker sitting there at 7 and to pass on both of them? Rocke, whether he becomes an 'ace' or not, will be a Top half of the rotation guy. You can't pass on that, especially for a team like the Royals with their current starting pitching situation. And then you have House (a Troy Glaus clone), who you could have stuck on the left side of the infield with Witt Jr. for the next 6-7 years. That would have been a nice tandem with some serious power from both in the middle of your lineup.

I wish I could defend their passing on BOTH to draft a 'projectable' LH HS arm for underslot, but there's really no way to defend it . . . . . . .
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:03 AM 07-12-2021
Yeah, him being from a Northeastern state makes those numbers look a lot different. Just not the same level of talent or competition up there as in Texas or Georgia or California or Florida, etc.

It’s the reason Trout fell as far as he did, in fact. His region made it hard for teams to eval him.

We’ll see what they do tonight. But they went from being able to draft a guy I’d definitely slot as a top 5 prospect in their system (and likely someone who would debut on top 100 lists) in Rocker or Watson, to a guy that will be a stretch to make their top 10.

Taylor, for example, would slot for ME behind the following (at minimum, may be more when I actually sit down to write it up):

Witt
Pena
Lynch
Kowar
Lacy
Pratto
Melendez

Guys off the top I’d definitely consider, too.

Heasely
Bowlan (even with the TJ)
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:05 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dayton Moore doesn't give a fuck now, he knows he's gone.
Even THAT doesn't explain this pick!
[Reply]
Wallymo 08:28 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’ll probably be rooting for a shit-tastic dumpster fire from here on out. Just hope the elbows of Kyle Zimmer, Scott Barlow, Jake Brentz, and Josh Staumont survive it.
If the season ended today, we would have the fifth pick in next year's draft. But we have a STRONG chance of catching the Rangers and Pirates and getting the third pick.

There we will select a player ranked between 35 and 50 on every scout's big board.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:35 AM 07-12-2021
High character, high motor guy, very coachable. A locker room guy. huge upside!
[Reply]
Page 245 of 440
« First < 145195235241242243244245 246247248249255295345 > Last »
Up