ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 558 of 1208
« First < 58458508548554555556557558 5595605615625686086581058 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:05 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Hunt's>Heinz.
My mom swears this is true. I don't eat ketchup.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:13 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Hunt's>Heinz.
Blasphemy!

As a sauce base, maybe, since Heinz is a little sweeter. But I only want ketchup on stuff I want that bit of sweetness to and Hunts just doesn't offer it. It's on the tangier side and anything I'd want to use it for, I'd just use a vinegar based barbecue sauce for instead.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:14 PM 06-16-2017
For those of you that use Worcestershire sauce for a tenderizer or marinade, give Allegro a shot. It's a slightly more flavorful, more effective version of Worcestershire, IMO.

I'm honestly not sure I have have worcestershire in my house at the moment. Stopped using it years ago. Soy and Teriyaki is usually gonna give me whatever I'm after.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:49 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Blasphemy!

As a sauce base, maybe, since Heinz is a little sweeter. But I only want ketchup on stuff I want that bit of sweetness to and Hunts just doesn't offer it. It's on the tangier side and anything I'd want to use it for, I'd just use a vinegar based barbecue sauce for instead.
I prefer Heinz. Plus they do some of the best annual report graphic design.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:57 PM 06-16-2017
Blasphemy!

I like that Hunt's isn't as sweet. It's still sweet, but not as sweet as Heinz. Hunt's has a better spice palate.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:19 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
My grandma and grandpa did as well.

Ever have popcorn popped in a cast iron skillet in bacon grease? Omg
Add dashed Tabasco instead of salt and butter after, and you have my go-to movie snack.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:21 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Add dashed Tabasco instead of salt and butter after, and you have my go-to movie snack.
Ugh!

Coconut oil, goji berries and raw nuts.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:23 PM 06-16-2017
Now where I get made fun of is salad dressing. I can't find a single store dressing I like. But a bar in town makes their own and I love it. So I got one of those half-gallon flip-top containers and every few months I go in there to have dinner and I'll just hand them the thing. The waitress looks at me funny and I just say "yeah, they'll fill it and charge me like, $8-9 bucks...."

They always seem skeptical but sure enough, I always get my big ass bottle of Shiloh ranch dressing for $8.
I'm a dressing snob. But this recipe supercedes your need to ever shop for a decent blue cheese dressing again

1 cup Hellmans mayonnaise.
2 tablespoons buttermilk
1 tablespoon crumbled bleu cheese.
1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black peppercorn.
1/8 teaspoon onion powder.
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:35 PM 06-16-2017
I make my own blue cheese but the recipe doesn't call for mayo at all. It does include more butter milk than that tho'.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:08 PM 06-16-2017
I just got back from the store and Aldi just so happened to have Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce for $3.49 a bottle so I picked some up. I checked Hy-Vee and they had their brand on sale for $1.18 a bottle. Did a side by side taste test and the L&P was slightly smokier, other than that not a huge difference. Was it worth 3 times the price, not in my opinion.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:01 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I just got back from the store and Aldi just so happened to have Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce for $3.49 a bottle so I picked some up. I checked Hy-Vee and they had their brand on sale for $1.18 a bottle. Did a side by side taste test and the L&P was slightly smokier, other than that not a huge difference. Was it worth 3 times the price, not in my opinion.
Fair enough opinion.

But if you dare say Hunts is better than Heinz, I'm gonna admit you to the psych ward.

Personally though, I really don't use ketchup much for anything. I prefer just mustard on a dog and usually mustard/mayo on the burgers. Ketchup is pretty boring but Heinz is clearly the best.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:04 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Fair enough opinion.

But if you dare say Hunts is better than Heinz, I'm gonna admit you to the psych ward.

Personally though, I really don't use ketchup much for anything. I prefer just mustard on a dog and usually mustard/mayo on the burgers. Ketchup is pretty boring but Heinz is clearly the best.

Hunt's is better than Heinz. I stand by that.

I used to be a Heinz man, but not anymore.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:39 PM 06-16-2017
No real shits given on ketchup and mustard, I simply buy Burmans, but hey, I'm fucking Buzz!

It's a good weekend to stock up and do some grilling, pork ribs $1.99 a pound at Aldi, sirloin steak $3.99 a pound at Hy-Vee, $2.99 a pound for 80/20 ground beef.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:51 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
So tell me the ingredients. I want facts to compare.
What size was that bottle for $3.49 because I haven't paid that for mine.

Also I get some from Hy-Vee sent to me, to see for myself how it tastes. For now, post ingredients.
[Reply]
Buzz 08:03 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
So tell me the ingredients. I want facts to compare.
What size was that bottle for $3.49 because I haven't paid that for mine.

Also I get some from Hy-Vee sent to me, to see for myself how it tastes. For now, post ingredients.

That would require me getting off my ass and not drinking my beer, not going to happen. Take your pissing contest elsewhere. That was the nice version, I could tell you to fuck off if that saves time?
[Reply]
Page 558 of 1208
« First < 58458508548554555556557558 5595605615625686086581058 > Last »
Up