ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 902 of 3903
« First < 402802852892898899900901902 903904905906912952100214021902 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 06:31 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I can appreciate the positiveness of everyone but lots of states do not report over the weekends. That is one of the reasons Mondays have had higher numbers.
Is that still true? I know it was in the beginning, but I think most if not all states have been reporting this weekend.
[Reply]
TLO 06:32 PM 03-29-2020
There is no proof that the heat has the affect some had hoped. There is still plenty of spreading happening around the equator.
It may not stop it completely, but I think the warmer weather will certainly play some factor. It does for almost every other respiratory virus on earth.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:37 PM 03-29-2020
Okay so one or two of you said we were going to have a day this weekend that 1000 people died in a single day. That has not even come close to happening. Do you feel better now?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
eDave 06:41 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Okay so one or two of you said we were going to have a day this weekend that 1000 people died in a single day. That has not even come close to happening. Do you feel better now?

Is everyone reporting through the weekend? I honestly don't know. If not, look for a bump on Monday but do the math(on Monday).
[Reply]
petegz28 06:42 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Is everyone reporting through the weekend? I honestly don't know. If not, look for a bump on Monday but do the math(on Monday).
Right now we would have to have a surge of 800 people die that have yet to be reported today. I don't think that's gonna even co,me close to happening. Yes, everyone is reporting.
[Reply]
TLO 06:43 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Kudos to the President for extending the social distancing CDC recommendations till April 30th.
A paragraph I found interesting in regards to that press conference.

Originally Posted by :
In response to a question at the briefing, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, reiterated his estimate from earlier in the day that it remained possible that 100,000 to 200,000 people could die in the United States. "What we’re trying to do is not let that happen," he said, calling the extension of social-distancing guidelines "a wise and prudent decision." Over 2,300 people with the virus already have died in the U.S.

"Models are good, but models often generate the kind of anxious question you asked," Fauci said, when a reporter asked how bad the situation could become. "A model is as good as the assumptions you put into the model, and very often, many of these assumptions are based on a complexity of issues that aren't necessarily the same... from one country to another."

Fauci said the April 30 extension came after he, Dr. Deborah Birx and other members of the task force had made the recommendation.

[Reply]
AustinChief 06:50 PM 03-29-2020
I don't trust any of these numbers but I especially don't trust weekend numbers. Monday and Tuesday will be big days for finding out where things are headed. We will see if the numbers jumped and more importantly we "should" start to see preliminary results from a number of clinical trials underway.

Unfortunately the MOST important data will come from serology tests and I have no clue when we will see any results from those.
[Reply]
TLO 06:51 PM 03-29-2020
I'm gonna ask a personal question - just for some light discussion.

My girlfriend and I live together with her 2 kids. She works full time as a manager at Target. Her work recently has been working to unload their truck shipments and get the items on the shelves. She has very little contact with actual customers. She is being very careful about washing her hands, not touching her face, etc.

I work for a company that provides care for individuals with developmental disabilities. I work 20 hrs in office, and 20 hrs at home. I am in the homes I oversee once or twice a week, but not for very long. I don't see very many people on a daily basis.

The kids have it the worst. They're stuck at home. (They have YouTube, video games, etc). But they want to go outside and play. We've been taking them out to areas where there aren't many people around to ensure they are healthy too.

Are there any other precautions we should be taking? We have been dining out (picking up) at local restaurants a lot, but not getting out of the house any more than that. Going to the grocery store I guess but that's it.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:51 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Please stop being a fear-monger
Being truthful is not fear mongering.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TLO 06:52 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Unfortunately the MOST important data will come from serology tests and I have no clue when we will see any results from those.
Bingo
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 06:53 PM 03-29-2020

I do.

Remain pretty happy that numbers seem down in a lot of places and NYC continues to have slow growth. LA mayor keeps telling us that we will have millions infected and maybe we will but so far the efforts to keep it in a box are having some success it seems.

Like that excellent video that was posted yesterday indicated it’s hard to figure out where the curve starts when you’re still be pulled up the side of the cliff, but hopefully it comes sooner than everyone expected.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:54 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
I don't trust any of these numbers but I especially don't trust weekend numbers. Monday and Tuesday will be big days for finding out where things are headed. We will see if the numbers jumped and more importantly we "should" start to see preliminary results from a number of clinical trials underway.

Why is it people grasp so easily onto the bad numbers but endlessly question anything to the contrary?
[Reply]
jaa1025 06:54 PM 03-29-2020
There is no proof that the heat has the affect some had hoped. There is still plenty of spreading happening around the equator.
It would be very atypical behavior of a virus if the summer doesn't significantly slow the spread of COVID-19.

Dry winter air allows viruses to spread. Fewer water molecules are in the air to interfere with their projection when sneezed or coughed. Also, your nasal passage is dry which makes it less effective at fighting off viruses. Where are you spending most of your time in the winter? in doors where little particles of virus' float around for hours from people coughing and sneezing.

People tend get little to no vitamin D during the winter which has been linked to the flu and a weakened immune system in general. When the weather warms and days are likely you should be getting a lot more vitamin D.

Being cold actually reduces your body's ability to fight infection.

If the coronavirus behaves like most other viruses then as the sun grows stronger by day then it likely will slow the spread. China, lol, claims to have used UV light to combat the Coronavirus. As we move closer to the summer the UV energy we received will increase substantially.
[Reply]
TLO 06:57 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I do.

Remain pretty happy that numbers seem down in a lot of places and NYC continues to have slow growth. LA mayor keeps telling us that we will have millions infected and maybe we will but so far the efforts to keep it in a box are having some success it seems.

Like that excellent video that was posted yesterday indicated it’s hard to figure out where the curve starts when you’re still be pulled up the side of the cliff, but hopefully it comes sooner than everyone expected.
Let us hope, buddy.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:07 PM 03-29-2020
Why is it people grasp so easily onto the bad numbers but endlessly question anything to the contrary?
Why is your way of thinking better than anybody else’s , people are going to see things in a way that might reflect their view point , some people just see them as numbers with no emotional aspect .

People are different .
[Reply]
Page 902 of 3903
« First < 402802852892898899900901902 903904905906912952100214021902 > Last »
Up