ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 401 of 3903
« First < 301351391397398399400401 4024034044054114515019011401 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 08:58 PM 03-17-2020
For the record, I'm quite troubled by the fact that my non-political post was edited

I haven't been particularly argumentative, and I believe I have contributed significantly to this thread.

Edit

My mistake, my original post was not edited, just the quotation

I apologize
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:00 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Fair enough, but I think someones scientific perspective is important when considering their opinion
You could always just address what was posted. JMO
[Reply]
TLO 09:00 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
More testing that is far more accurate is going to result in additional cases reported so we can expect the total # of cases to rise. (It helps to know what you're looking for.)

From the journal Science ... an excerpt from the abstract;

Here we use observations of reported infection within China, in conjunction with mobility data, a networked dynamic metapopulation model and Bayesian inference, to infer critical epidemiological characteristics associated with SARS-CoV2, including the fraction of undocumented infections and their contagiousness.

We estimate 86% of all infections were undocumented (95% CI: [82%–90%]) prior to 23 January 2020 travel restrictions.

https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...cience.abb3221

FAX
Mr. Fax,

I'd typically love to dive into this information but my brain is overloaded and I'm tired.

Can you give a brief rundown of the article?
[Reply]
TLO 09:01 PM 03-17-2020
For the record, I'm quite troubled by the fact that my non-political post was edited

I haven't been particularly argumentative, and I believe I have contributed significantly to this thread.
You absolutely have. I'm glad you're hear sharing information with us.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:01 PM 03-17-2020

Uh......he only edited what he quoted. Your original post is still the same.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:01 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Why do you insist on calling it hysteria/panic instead of concern , why does everything have to be at the extreme of the spectrum.
Seen the toilet paper isle lately? That's how we know it is hysteria.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 09:01 PM 03-17-2020
Very interesting perspective about the psychological aspect of this crisis.. please ignore the political bent (and mods,feel free to remove if this is considered political because of the host): https://youtu.be/O1sF5GXbWf4

Very important insight into how our fears and lack of control are driving the hoarding and anxiety.
[Reply]
FAX 09:02 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
WOW
I view that as a good thing (under the circumstances).

You can't properly fight what you can't understand.

There are a number of serious virologists who have said that people have probably been walking around with this without their knowledge for weeks - possibly months. Including, by the way, right here in the US.

And those experts have actually been saying that since late February.

FAX
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:02 PM 03-17-2020

Which post? The one I quoted?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:03 PM 03-17-2020

You know what they say about opinions right? I am sure everyone will be kissing your ass when we are all choking on the stench from the smoke of all the burning bodies.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:03 PM 03-17-2020
Uh......he only edited what he quoted. Your original post is still the same.
You are right. Fixed my post.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:03 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Which post? The one I quoted?
My mistake. I changed my post
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:06 PM 03-17-2020
My mistake. I changed my post
No worries. :-)
[Reply]
Monticore 09:07 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Seen the toilet paper isle lately? That's how we know it is hysteria.
Is the run on ammo hysteria?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:10 PM 03-17-2020
Link?
The CDC...

The actual metric they use for non-serious cases is 84%.

Link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...2Fsummary.html

Originally Posted by :
The complete clinical picture with regard to COVID-19 is not fully known. Reported illnesses have ranged from very mild (including some with no reported symptoms) to severe, including illness resulting in death. While information so far suggests that most COVID-19 illness is mild, a report out of China suggests serious illness occurs in 16% of cases. Older people and people of all ages with severe chronic medical conditions — like heart disease, lung disease and diabetes, for example — seem to be at higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness.

[Reply]
Page 401 of 3903
« First < 301351391397398399400401 4024034044054114515019011401 > Last »
Up