ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 392 of 3903
« First < 292342382388389390391392 3933943953964024424928921392 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 06:44 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I have no faith in the # of cases in the US because we're still barely testing. If it shoots up fast it's probably just because more states are testing more. Unless you have a baseline of consistent testing for a few days - the trends are all over the place.

The only for sure metric to me in the US is if/when the hospitals start getting overrun. Can't really fudge your way out of that one by not testing (although you can still try as SAUTO's post shows).
Using that is not smart. Hospitals can, are or will get overrun because people are panicking and not being smart. Meaning people will just run to the doctor or ER instead of calling first. That is happening.

Some people think they have symptoms or are just overly cautious and run off to the ER instead of calling ahead. That takes its toll on resources whether you are really sick or not.
[Reply]
wazu 06:45 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Where is this at?
Greater KC Metro
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:45 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Just an honest question, are these total infections? If so, China and S.Korea are done. What would be the time frame for this?
Yes.

For the US, if they enforced a Hubei-style lockdown? Two months. But at this point, it's all over the country. The question is how many hot spots there are (NY, Seattle) and how bad they get.

The other thing one must consider is the possibility that China and South Korea are not done. The 1918 flu came back around and was much deadlier the second time. We must also consider the extent to which SARS-CoV-2 becomes as endemic in human population as influenza due to antigenic drift (viral mutation causing a new strain each year).
[Reply]
eDave 06:47 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
No one said it wasn't, dickhead. I said millions of people get sick every day from different things. Including the flu which we have a vaccine for that you won't shut up about. Yet 145 infants alone this year have already died from it. Not to mention hundreds and what will be thousands of others as well.

No one is saying this is the flu or like the flu. But people try to keep some perspective instead of freaking out like you are.

[Reply]
petegz28 06:47 PM 03-17-2020
Would be nice for him to break it down into age ranges.
Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but...

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/
[Reply]
BWillie 06:47 PM 03-17-2020
Didn't E-Dave say he had it (or likely had it)? How many days in is he and how is he doing?
[Reply]
Fish 06:48 PM 03-17-2020
Boom goes the MVP...

Patrick Mahomes’ foundation donates $100,000 to local organizations, 15,000 meals to food bank

We’re with you KC! ❤️ pic.twitter.com/gFVOmnDEHn

— 15 and the Mahomies (@15andMahomies) March 17, 2020

[Reply]
eDave 06:48 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Didn't E-Dave say he had it (or likely had it)? How many days in is he and how is he doing?
I'm Batman
[Reply]
O.city 06:49 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Just finished a conversation with a nurse friend. I asked her if she was concerned. She described that since last November people have been coming in who they were convinced had the flu, but were testing negative. They had no idea what it was. They called it a "flu like virus" and gave them Tamiflu. Said they now have test kits, so that will show numbers climbing. She encouraged distancing and doing what we can to stop the spread. Says in the last 3 days she has tested 25 people and turned away another 100 because they didn't meet the criteria, because there aren't enough tests. (Her best guess is half of those 100 have it.)
I think it’s been going around for a while
[Reply]
TLO 06:53 PM 03-17-2020
Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but...

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...-demographics/
Yeah this was updated February 29th. Any information that old is ancient by this point regarding the outbreak.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:55 PM 03-17-2020
Yeah this was updated February 29th. Any information that old is ancient by this point regarding the outbreak.
Take it up with the CDC, dude
[Reply]
BWillie 06:56 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think it’s been going around for a while
I'm on the fence about proclaiming that. I was hopeful that was the case once we started hearing of cases, because that would mean it isn't as jarring as we thought it might be.

However, now that I've seen what is happening in other countries and it starting to overload their healthcare system it couldn't have been here very long at least in community spread. If it had, our ICU's would have been overloaded already.

If it really did come from the live markets in Wuhan in November. And it wasn't heavily prevalent in Wuhan until December. I don't see how all of these rumors of community spread in December and January in the United States would be true.
[Reply]
TLO 06:56 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He's doing much better. It was not confirmed he had it, but he suspected that he did.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:57 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Just finished a conversation with a nurse friend. I asked her if she was concerned. She described that since last November people have been coming in who they were convinced had the flu, but were testing negative. They had no idea what it was. They called it a "flu like virus" and gave them Tamiflu. Said they now have test kits, so that will show numbers climbing. She encouraged distancing and doing what we can to stop the spread. Says in the last 3 days she has tested 25 people and turned away another 100 because they didn't meet the criteria, because there aren't enough tests. (Her best guess is half of those 100 have it.)
We were talking about this at work today as well. A couple of months ago I had a bug that the doctors thought was RSV but the test was negative. The test for the flu was also negative. It took being put on what turned out to be 2 rounds of Prednisone including a shot to start the rounds. Two rounds of Amoxicillin. Albuterol Sulfate in a Nebulisor. I have COPD so I am already on Advair 250/50, Spiriva Respimat and a rescue inhaler.
I thought that I was going to be in the hospital. I am better and over it but my breathing never did come back to what it was before that "illness".
[Reply]
BWillie 06:58 PM 03-17-2020
Take it up with the CDC, dude
Those numbers were based on what happened in China. From the looks of things happening in Italy and the rest of the world, it appears it is higher. Likely for all age groups at least to some degree.
[Reply]
Page 392 of 3903
« First < 292342382388389390391392 3933943953964024424928921392 > Last »
Up