ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 352 of 3903
« First < 252302342348349350351352 3533543553563624024528521352 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 09:03 PM 03-16-2020
https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...-spread-2020-3

It will be harder to get hard liquor in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in the wake of the spread of the novel coronavirus: The state stores that have a monopoly on retail liquor sales are going to close shop indefinitely on Tuesday night.

I have no idea what the laws are in PA. Are they like UT where you can only get booze from state stores?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:03 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Pennsylvania... the entire state... has ordered the closure of all liquor stores indefinitely.
On Saint Patrick's day Eve?? :-):-)
[Reply]
stumppy 09:09 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

It will be harder to get hard liquor in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in the wake of the spread of the novel coronavirus: The state stores that have a monopoly on retail liquor sales are going to close shop indefinitely on Tuesday night.

I have no idea what the laws are in PA. Are they like UT where you can only get booze from state stores?
35 years ago you had to buy hard stuff from a state ran store.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:14 PM 03-16-2020

I'm not sure about PA, but NH has the same state run stores.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:17 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
35 years ago you had to buy hard stuff from a state ran store.
Oh the good ol' days.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:36 PM 03-16-2020

Hard liquor yeah only state stores.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:49 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Hard liquor yeah only state stores.
why did a “state run” liquor store even ever get started?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 09:51 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
$$$
$$$$$
$$¢$$$
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:03 PM 03-16-2020
Why is the state running the Marijuana dispensaries?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:04 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Why is the state running the Marijuana dispensaries?

the state also owns legal pot?
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:41 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
just shit in the shower and waffle stomp lmao
Or as it's known in Germany - showering.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:41 PM 03-16-2020
the state also owns legal pot?
They own 2 in Arkansas. There are others that are owned by individuals.

[Reply]
suzzer99 10:43 PM 03-16-2020

Aren't people going to die from withdrawal?
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:43 PM 03-16-2020
https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/09/...covery-begins/

Originally Posted by :
The researchers found very high levels of virus emitted from the throat of patients from the earliest point in their illness —when people are generally still going about their daily routines. Viral shedding dropped after day 5 in all but two of the patients, who had more serious illness. The two, who developed early signs of pneumonia, continued to shed high levels of virus from the throat until about day 10 or 11.
This seems like a strong argument for the mask theory.

I feel like they're still running the playbook from SARS:

Originally Posted by :
This pattern of virus shedding is a marked departure from what was seen with the SARS coronavirus, which ignited an outbreak in 2002-2003. With that disease, peak shedding of virus occurred later, when the virus had moved into the deep lungs.
What if all that stuff about droplets and washing your hands is wrong for Covid-19 and it's really airborne from people with no symptoms?

Also from a guy I know in Japan:

Originally Posted by :
Wearing masks during flu season and allergy season has long been a thing here. During a typical non-corona winter I’d estimate that around half of commuters wear masks on trains, and maybe 30% of all people you see walking around town.

When I first came here I eschewed the practice, but I’ve since gotten fully on board. As a result I’ve gotten sick less and my pollen allergies have been less severe.

I personally don’t buy that masks are ineffective against the virus. I can’t help but believe that when both parties are wearing one, there is less chance of transmission than if neither party did.

Needless to day, right now just about everyone in Japan is wearing a mask, although they are in short supply right now.

[Reply]
suzzer99 12:04 AM 03-17-2020
https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/italy/

Here's some legit potential good news. Italy's new cases may have peaked.

It's hard to draw conclusions about when the peak happened from when they locked down because they locked down different things on different days. But if this holds up and isn't just a hitch, I'd guess two weeks from lockdown seems like a super rough guess for when you can expect to see a peak in new cases.
[Reply]
Page 352 of 3903
« First < 252302342348349350351352 3533543553563624024528521352 > Last »
Up