ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 144 of 256
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:52 AM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
LOL, yeah by the end of my last AC:Odyssey playthrough I was a walking god. I don't remember how many hours it took but it was bonkers. I had a bunch of fire based gear, and I could just mow through crowds. Regenerating health, and burning more bitches than the Catholic church.
Oh yeah, you get the whole Agamemnon set along with the Hades Bow you became a walking agent of death on the battlefield. I also added fire damage to the Atlantean dagger or a Dagger of Kronus with fire damage on it and I was destroying mercenaries much, much higher level than I. Just hit them a couple of times, watch them light on fire and dodge their attacks while they burn. Wash, rinse, repeat. I would also speed the process up some by using a maxed out Hero Strike.
[Reply]
Pants 10:59 AM 02-12-2022
...and burning more bitches than the Catholic church.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:51 AM 02-13-2022
finished Diablo 2 resurrected last night.

Really enjoyed it. I had played Diablo 3, but never the original Diablo 2......and found it quite a fun ride.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:04 PM 02-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
finished Diablo 2 resurrected last night.

Really enjoyed it. I had played Diablo 3, but never the original Diablo 2......and found it quite a fun ride.
D3 doesn't hold a candle to D2 but i'm over it. Played it for 10 years so i'm fairly bored with it now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:30 AM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I wasn’t joking when I said that I played over 100 hours on it. Game is huge. Wait till you start slaughtering forts, fighting conquest battles (and to a point naval battles) because you can, and hunting down mercenaries higher on the food chain from you, again because you can. Or fighting 3-4 mercenaries at the same time because you have maxed out your bounty. When you get to it, a great time is killing soldiers in Athens and watching your bounty skyrocket. You will fight civilians, soldiers, and mercenaries all at the same time. It’s a grand massacre at your hands. Great times.
I'm quite sure I'll put more than 100 hours into it. I very rarely use fast travel in open world games, for one. Plus I'm a meticulous completionist.

I spent almost 1000 hours on Dragon Age Inquisition, for example.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:36 AM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm finally getting around to playing AC Odyssey.
That was one of my favorites in the series as far as gameplay is concerned. Did you choose Alexios or Kassandra?

I'm not a completionist whatsoever and I still probbaly put 100 hours into that one. It's huge. And someone mentioned the ships/sailing, I agree that it was awesome in Odyssey, even though I pretty much always hate ship missions in AC.

Originally Posted by lcarus:
The only one I played was the one in Egypt. Was that Origins? I got a little ways into it but haven't picked it up in a while. My buddy tells me all the time the one I really need to play is Black Flag.
Aw, man, Origins might be my favorite of the series. The setting is awesome and Bayek quickly became my favorite assassin, the voice actor was fucking incredible.

Originally Posted by tredadda:
Odyssey is still my favorite by far. I have heard that some of the AC purists don't like it because it deviates from the original ones in regards to playstyle, but I have played that game for over 100 hours and still love it.
Purists don't like the new AC games: Origins, Odyssey or Valhalla. They claim it's too RPG-y and they seem to hate the fact that Desmond's modern day storyline has concluded.

Originally Posted by SuperChief:
The story was what really drew me into that game - of course the hot and heavy stuff at the end (the older stuff, not the tribal stuff). I thought that stuff was incredible and legit made my jaw drop a few times.
It took me probably 10-20 hours for the game to truly grip me, but once it did, I loved the game. Ted Faro was a real fucking asshole.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:40 AM 02-14-2022
Speaking of, I may have mentioned it here already, but a couple months back I completed AC: Valhalla. That one was easily the worst game in the series, IMO. I was extremely disappointed.

PS Store had AC: Unity on sale for $8 right around the time I finished Valhalla. I'd never played Unity because it was reportedly a glitchy mess, but they say it's actually much better now that it's patched. I wanted to get that shitty taste of Valhalla out of my mouth so hopefully Unity helps.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:45 AM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That was one of my favorites in the series as far as gameplay is concerned. Did you choose Alexios or Kassandra?
Alexios.

Purists don't like the new AC games: Origins, Odyssey or Valhalla. They claim it's too RPG-y and they seem to hate the fact that Desmond's modern day storyline has concluded..
The purists have pretty much hated everything after the completion of AC2 storyline as you said. Black Flag doesn't have enough modern day. Unity was bug-riddled at launch, etc.

I personally have loved them all, in different ways. I recently played AC3 remastered and it is a great game. I love Unity because I waited a few months for them to sort out the bugs. I'm actually thankful that they have minimized the modern day stuff - there's nothing more jarring than being yanked out of the immersion of the historical sim so that you can wander around and read books.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:45 AM 02-14-2022
Now that I think about it, I'm all fucked up. The order I've played these games:

AC 2
AC: Brotherhood
AC
AC: Origins
AC: Odyssey
AC: Valhalla

I'm about to play Unity next. I've only randomly played AC 3 (at a friend's house), Revelations (borrowed from a fiend but never finished) and Freedom Cry (it's downloaded via PS Plus but I let my subscription lapse).

I haven't played Rogue or Syndicate at all.

Depending on my experience with Unity, I might end up burning through the rest of the series to catch up on what I missed.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:47 AM 02-14-2022
I'm actually thankful that they have minimized the modern day stuff - there's nothing more jarring than being yanked out of the immersion of the historical sim so that you can wander around and read books.
Bro, FUCK the modern day storylines! It was semi interesting with Desmond but anytime Layla pulls me out I get so annoyed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:53 AM 02-14-2022
Now that I think about it, I'm all fucked up. The order I've played these games:

AC 2
AC: Brotherhood
AC
AC: Origins
AC: Odyssey
AC: Valhalla

I'm about to play Unity next. I've only randomly played AC 3 (at a friend's house), Revelations (borrowed from a fiend but never finished) and Freedom Cry (it's downloaded via PS Plus but I let my subscription lapse).

I haven't played Rogue or Syndicate at all.

Depending on my experience with Unity, I might end up burning through the rest of the series to catch up on what I missed.
Rogue is a great game. It's essentially the same formula as BF but with the additional intrigue of being on the "other side". I loved it.

Syndicate is a great game in it's own right.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:07 AM 02-14-2022
Rogue is a great game. It's essentially the same formula as BF but with the additional intrigue of being on the "other side". I loved it.

Syndicate is a great game in it's own right.
I'm sure they're both good games.

After having played Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla, though all great in their own right, I am a bit eager to get back to the more dense cities with rooftop parkour.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:08 AM 02-14-2022
I'm sure they're both good games.

After having played Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla, though all great in their own right, I am a bit eager to get back to the more dense cities with rooftop parkour.
If that's the case, you'll love Unity. Paris is a brilliant setting.
[Reply]
Fish 12:40 PM 02-14-2022
Not sure what was up with Valhalla, but I never even finished that one. Something was missing with it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:07 PM 02-14-2022
Not sure what was up with Valhalla, but I never even finished that one. Something was missing with it.
Thank you! Idk what it was either but I didn't like the way it felt/looked literally from the very beginning. Now that I've finished the main storyline, I realize there were deeper issues than just the look and feel as well.. but, yeah. I got like halfway through and just stopped playing for a while. I forced myself to pick it back up and just grind to the finish line. It was far from enjoyable.
[Reply]
Page 144 of 256
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Up