« First < 243031323334 353637 >
Media Center>Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 12-10-2007
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*NERDGASM*

[Reply]
beavis 02:48 PM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
There are some sequels I never watched just because I heard such bad things about them that I didn't want my memory of the first film ruined. Alien 3 is an example. I know that the ship crashed, and Newt and Hicks are killed, and that Ripley dies in the end. Well, **** that. In my world, Ripley, Hicks and Newt returned to earth, got a fat settlement from the Company and lived happily ever after.

Ford and Connery riding off into the sunset at the end of Last Crusade works for me, and I don't think I need to have that screwed up. This movie just sounds lame. I really have no desire to see it.

And yes, Temple of Doom sucked balls. I didn't like it when I saw it in the theater and I still don't. That drop from the plane, down the side of the mountain, into the river just kind of set the tone for two hours of pointless dumbassery I'd just as soon have never experienced.

So I guess in my world, when it comes to Indiana Jones, there's just Raiders and Lost Crusade.
Good call on your part. This movie makes Temple look like a masterpiece.

When it becomes possible to have selective memory erasure done like Eternal Sunshine, this movie is going to be the first thing I have taken out... or maybe the second, after the Carl/Herm regime.
[Reply]
beavis 02:49 PM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Matrix was on one of the premium channels the other night. I can't believe how ****ing cool that movie was and how the Wachowski Tranny's completely ****ed up that "trilogy".

The original was a masterpiece.
No joke. Should have left well enough alone. Guess you can't really blame them for cashing in while they could. I just think they could have done so much more with that storyline than they did.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:13 PM 10-15-2008
Attached: spider monkeys.jpg (132.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Bowser 05:13 PM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by beavis:
No joke. Should have left well enough alone. Guess you can't really blame them for cashing in while they could. I just think they could have done so much more with that storyline than they did.
On the bright side, Keanu is 200 mil or so richer for doing the trilogies!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:20 PM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by Guru:
Typical.
It's invite only, and I don't have an invite. Sorry.
[Reply]
007 09:52 PM 10-15-2008
Originally Posted by Claythan:
It's invite only, and I don't have an invite. Sorry.
Just giving ya crap.:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:51 PM 10-25-2008
This had more suspense and danger than Crystal Lite.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:08 PM 11-09-2008
I finally watched Crystal Skull last night.

I wish I hadn't.

I've seen better student films.

Un-freakin'-believable.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:11 PM 11-09-2008

I wish I hadn't.

Un-freakin'-believable.
I believe my IT NEVER HAPPENED approach to this film will be very successful. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:14 PM 11-09-2008

I wish I hadn't.

Un-freakin'-believable.
Oh come on...It was a lazy effort overall.

But it wasnt quite that bad.

Ive watched it a few times on DVD with my son, and it does offer some sporadic fun.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:23 PM 11-09-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Oh come on...It was a lazy effort overall.

But it wasnt quite that bad.

Ive watched it a few times on DVD with my son, and it does offer some sporadic fun.
It was stunningly awful.

From the incredibly bad CGI to a borderline ridiculous dialog to poor acting performances (Cate Blanchette's baddie was laughable), this was an atrocious effort by all involved. And that's not to mention the ludicrous story.

If those were unknown actors, no one and I mean NO ONE would have ever heard of this movie.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 03:31 PM 11-09-2008
It was stunningly awful.

From the incredibly bad CGI to a borderline ridiculous dialog to poor acting performances (Cate Blanchette's baddie was laughable), this was an atrocious effort by all involved. And that's not to mention the ludicrous story.

If those were unknown actors, no one and I mean NO ONE would have ever heard of this movie.
Yep. It was as bad as South Park led on.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:35 PM 11-09-2008
It was stunningly awful.

Im probably wanting it to be more than it really is in my mind.

But it was fun to see Indy in action again.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:35 PM 11-09-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Im probably wanting it to be more than it really is in my mind.

But it was fun to see Indy in action again.
It wasn't even fun when the opening credits began.

The gopher hill was a sign that the movie would suck and a clear nod to a money grab.

And I'm a sucker because I bought the DVD.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 04:37 PM 11-09-2008
It wasn't even fun when the opening credits began.

The gopher hill was a sign that the movie would suck and a clear nod to a money grab.

And I'm a sucker because I bought the DVD.
Return it for store credit. :-)
[Reply]
Page 34 of 37
« First < 243031323334 353637 >
Up