Media Center>Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 12-10-2007
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*NERDGASM*

[Reply]
Third Eye 04:07 PM 05-26-2008
Originally Posted by GOATSE:
An engaging plot and great characters?

You're seriously attempting to reduce Raiders to some pile of crap directed by Michael Bay, simply because it has lots of action. It's infuriating.
Not in the slightest have I inferred that the movies were bad. They were GREAT movies, but not movies that made you think, or engaged you on an intellectual level. Like I said before, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.
[Reply]
el borracho 04:09 PM 05-26-2008
If that was their collective best then they shouldn't have bothered at all. Seeing IV makes me wonder if if I'm completely misremembering the earlier movies. I mean, in my memory they are really cool but maybe they were garbage and I was just too small to notice.

Indy IV was markedly better than the new Star Wars garbage, though. Those were just awful stories.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:13 PM 05-26-2008
Originally Posted by el borracho:

Indy IV was markedly better than the new Star Wars garbage, though. Those were just awful stories.
No doubt. Lucas should have grabbed another Irvin Kershner to direct those, and just stuck to the special effects. Past Star Wars: A New Hope, directing hasn't been Lucas' strong suit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:14 PM 05-26-2008
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Not in the slightest have I inferred that the movies were bad. They were GREAT movies, but not movies that made you think, or engaged you on an intellectual level. Like I said before, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.
I wouldn't call them brainless.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:16 PM 05-26-2008
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Seeing IV makes me wonder if if I'm completely misremembering the earlier movies.
You're not. Indy didn't have all the answers in five seconds in any of them. He was also vulnerable.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:13 AM 05-27-2008
I liked the new one. Saw it yesterday. I had read most of the spoilers in this thread, and the vitriolic hatred that is spewed...and I'm glad. I went in with expectations that it would be the worst damn thing ever put on film, and it wasn't. I enjoyed it. Not as good as ROTLA, but none of them were. In fact, the truly annoying thing with me was the alien angle...that just seemed lame.

'I like Ike". I thought that was a pretty good line, and the motorcycle chase where he climbs off the bike, through the car and back on the bike was pretty sweet.

It didn't totally suck, but it's always going to be a let down. I will say, that if it were not an Indy movie, nobody would have gone to see it though, so there is that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:44 PM 05-27-2008
I didn't think it was that bad. It's made $311 million so far worldwide so someone must like it.:-)
[Reply]
icepick64 08:01 PM 05-27-2008
I thought it was great personally. First movie in a long time that I would go see in theaters more than once
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:11 PM 05-27-2008
Originally Posted by icepick64:
I thought it was great personally. First movie in a long time that I would go see in theaters more than once
I was glad I used free movie passes to see it. Wouldn't pay for it again.

The shitty part is because I'm anal about the movies I own, I'll have to buy this one. I'm a completionist, so I have movies simply because they were sequels.

That might account for why I have over 1,200 DVDs. :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:16 PM 05-27-2008
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I didn't think it was that bad. It's made $311 million so far worldwide so someone must like it.
It's what it makes after this point that will show how much people like it. Because regardless of any reviews or reservations, millions of people were going to see it last weekend, just like all the star wars prequels, because it was Indy...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:24 PM 05-27-2008
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I'm a completionist, so I have movies simply because they were sequels.
Im sure Jaws 3-D and Amityville 3-D must get alot of play in your household then?? :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 08:24 PM 05-27-2008
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I liked the new one. Saw it yesterday. I had read most of the spoilers in this thread, and the vitriolic hatred that is spewed...and I'm glad. I went in with expectations that it would be the worst damn thing ever put on film, and it wasn't. I enjoyed it. Not as good as ROTLA, but none of them were. In fact, the truly annoying thing with me was the alien angle...that just seemed lame.

'I like Ike". I thought that was a pretty good line, and the motorcycle chase where he climbs off the bike, through the car and back on the bike was pretty sweet.

It didn't totally suck, but it's always going to be a let down. I will say, that if it were not an Indy movie, nobody would have gone to see it though, so there is that.
I pretty much agree with this. It wasn't the best movie ever made, but once I got past the whole "alien" thing, it was entertaining to watch at least. There were, of course, a couple moments that they went a bit over the top (most of which have already been mentioned), but I didn't come out feeling like I'd wasted my money or anything.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:43 PM 05-27-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Im sure Jaws 3-D and Amityville 3-D must get alot of play in your household then?? :-)
Don't have the original Amityville, but yeah... the Jaws sequels haven't been played since I bought them.
[Reply]
FAX 08:45 PM 05-27-2008
Good movie. Entertaining. Funny at times. Lighthearted action. Good waterfall scenes and tons of bad accents. A nice diversion that was well worth the price of a ticket, to me.

Besides, they had Nazca lines. Nazca lines are far better than goofy Easter Island heads.

Let's see ... so far Indy's found the Holy Grail, the Ark of the Covenant, some peculiar sacred stones, and now a decapitated noggin from Mars. If they make another movie, what cool and impressive treasure is left for him to seek, I wonder?

FAX
[Reply]
KcMizzou 09:00 PM 05-27-2008
Originally Posted by FAX:
Good movie. Entertaining. Funny at times. Lighthearted action. Good waterfall scenes and tons of bad accents. A nice diversion that was well worth the price of a ticket, to me.

Besides, they had Nazca lines. Nazca lines are far better than goofy Easter Island heads.

Let's see ... so far Indy's found the Holy Grail, the Ark of the Covenant, some peculiar sacred stones, and now a decapitated noggin from Mars. If they make another movie, what cool and impressive treasure is left for him to seek, I wonder?

FAX
Gochief's testosterone?

I keed, I keed.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 37
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up