ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 26
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Single Men Own Cat(s)?
BEAVER 12:01 PM 03-24-2023
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:20 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
They're good for keeping foxes, coyotes and owls well fed. :-)
That's why you have a herd of them. We live on an acreage and the minute we started collecting cats outdoors, we never had another mouse in the house. It's been 12 years since I've seen one inside.

You just have to make sure you either have a good number or a steady supply because yes, around here coyotes will kill them. Foxes generally leave them alone unless they're desperate. More than anything, the fuckers just run off. Cats are fickle and flighty animals. They do whatever they want, whenever they want. And that's why curiosity killed the cat.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:21 PM 03-24-2023
This thread is trash and so are half the posters on this god forsaken site
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:21 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Donger:
I'm not a cat person, but that's fucked lol
[Reply]
Donger 12:22 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This thread is trash and so are half the posters on this god forsaken site
Don't be a pussy...
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:22 PM 03-24-2023
Glad to see the off-season fuckery is alive and well
[Reply]
Katipan 12:23 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I think every young man should own a harem of 20-50 women. Different ethnicities, but all 8's and above. No hairy under-armed smelly tree-hugger chicks. And no fatties.

I have no idea why this concept isn't way more popular. :-)
You have to pay for them.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:23 PM 03-24-2023
If you own a cat, keep it indoors. It is healthier for them.

Cats kill millions of songbirds each year. Inexcusable.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 12:23 PM 03-24-2023
Imma not gonna worry about what you think about me being single, owning a cat, and volunteering in a cat shelter to boot! I'm quite secure in my animal loving self!

My favorite things about our shelter are the bios we write for our cats, and their felinality assessments. Here's one for our British girl who came over from the UK and later had to be re-homed when the family moved back.

Here's Action Jackson's

[Reply]
tx4chiefs 12:24 PM 03-24-2023
No cats. At least a dog can protect your house while you're away, and they don't shit in a box in your house.
[Reply]
notorious 12:24 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Wife mentioned getting one and I told her I’d shoot it the moment it entered the home
You'd appreciate my farm.

People bring out stray city cats, which you would think are tough. The males last a few days to weeks. Females a little longer.

One of my employee calls my farm "Meowschwitz", where cats are shipped to die.

I'm a sick ****, so I find her name pretty humorous.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:24 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Very strange how old man masculinity works. That somehow a cat is gay. I think a dog is more gay. A dog will follow you everywhere you go, worship you despite you treating it like shit. A cat is independent and does not require someone to baby it or to be clingy with it.

I can go on a vacation and go cat shit in that and eat that. Ill be back in a week. Peace out. Dogs are much much more work and need constant attention.
Dude, the very concept of a "pet" goes back thousands of years and it's completely utilitarian. Pets exist for our please, for our amusement, and for our companionship. That's the only thing that separates a pet from livestock.

I know people love their cats (love you Mr. Blowfish!) but I just can't see why somebody would want to own one over a dog. If you want somebody to ignore you, do the opposite of what you say, and only decide to give you love when THEY feel like it, go get married.

Otherwise, get a fucking dog.
[Reply]
Donger 12:26 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:

People bring out stray city cats, which you would think are tough. The males last a few days to weeks. Females a little longer.

What, ummm, happens to them?
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 12:27 PM 03-24-2023
As long as you don’t mind being single permanently…..go for it.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:27 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Donger:
What, ummm, happens to them?
It's a farm, there are a thousand ways to die
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:27 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:

I would imagine the majority of your males just ran off. Especially if they aren't neutered. Male cats love to wander.

Our place is next to a conservation area just outside of town. Our road is a "dump" for shit people in town - garbage, old appliances, etc. We've had about 25 cats show up or be dropped off over the years. And 4 dogs.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 26
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up