ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 46
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:08 PM 03-01-2024
It may not be completely fair, but if you want to invite the comparisons to Pat, maybe you should act a little more like Pat. Pat attended the combine and participated in many (most?) of the combine workouts. He clearly wasn't trying to hide **** and his dad wasn't trying to get an illegal ownership stake in the team.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:09 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Last time I remember an incredible talent with helicopter distraction parents was RGIII. Didn't end well.
Ball brothers?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:28 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Ball brothers?
Turns out, LaVar Ball was the best thing to ever happen to his mediocre ass children.

LiAngelo was trash but got some NBA run. Lonzo is pretty much as mediocre a player as the NBA has but continues to bilk teams out of large contracts because of the hype surrounding him coming out of UCLA. LaMelo is the only guy with any actual staying power to speak of and his dad certainly didn't hurt him when it came time for stuff like the ROY voting (which will impact his earning potential due to escalators on max deals).

That gasbag is actually an annoying success story.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 03:41 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It may not be completely fair, but if you want to invite the comparisons to Pat, maybe you should act a little more like Pat. Pat attended the combine and participated in many (most?) of the combine workouts. He clearly wasn't trying to hide **** and his dad wasn't trying to get an illegal ownership stake in the team.
CW is the consensus #1 pick in the draft. Pat wasn't and was trying to prove himself to teams that wanted Trubisky and Watson.

Young didn't throw at the combine and was still taken #1. I don't remember if Lawrence did or not.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:05 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I get bust vibes from his ability to not beat good teams even though he was surrounded with elite talent. What does he expect at the next level.

Then his demands are asinine for a potential rookie, unless he is gambling to drop his stock and get drafted by a better team at the bottom.

I also read that he doesn't want to show up because he is 5,11. Which looking at photos of him and the coaches may be true.
Not sure why everyone is so high on him...he really didn't do much his Senior year and I agree, he seemed to fold again good teams even though he had good talent around him.

For some reason all I can see is Matt Leinert.....Todd Marinovich....etc.

But then again everyone thought Mahomes would be a bust too.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:06 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
CW is the consensus #1 pick in the draft. Pat wasn't and was trying to prove himself to teams that wanted Trubisky and Watson.

Young didn't throw at the combine and was still taken #1. I don't remember if Lawrence did or not.
Vince Young? How did that turn out?

And the book is still out on Lawrence.
[Reply]
BenoniBenko 04:21 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Vince Young? How did that turn out?

And the book is still out on Lawrence.
Burrow didn't throw because he was consensus #1. We can agree he's pretty good
[Reply]
BenoniBenko 04:23 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Not sure why everyone is so high on him...he really didn't do much his Senior year and I agree, he seemed to fold again good teams even though he had good talent around him.

For some reason all I can see is Matt Leinert.....Todd Marinovich....etc.

But then again everyone thought Mahomes would be a bust too.
Meh, his numbers are good against ranked teams and he's had several stand out performances against ranked teams.

Didn't play his senior year, he's a junior. Take away name brand, USC was actually crap in his tenure there other than Jordan Addison, he didn't have much. Very weak O-line and a woeful defense. Poorly coached, esp defensively.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 04:25 PM 03-01-2024
“He’s the number one pick. Case closed.” ~ John Manziel
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:00 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:

Yeah, and I wouldn't have taken Young #1 overall. What was he hiding (besides being tiny and having a meh arm)? Stroud, OTOH, looked like a monster. Wonder who got the better end of that deal?

Also, forget about being Pat. If you aren't willing to put in the time and effort like Pat, you aren't going to BE Pat. Hell, Pat's got three rings and I bet he'd STILL attend the combine simply to compete.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:40 PM 03-01-2024
Originally Posted by BenoniBenko:
Meh, his numbers are good against ranked teams and he's had several stand out performances against ranked teams.

Didn't play his senior year, he's a junior. Take away name brand, USC was actually crap in his tenure there other than Jordan Addison, he didn't have much. Very weak O-line and a woeful defense. Poorly coached, esp defensively.

You're right....he just was in his Junior year.

But he lost 5 of his last 6 games...and the one he did win in that stretch was a 1 point win over Cal.

The 2 games before the start of the 5 of 6 were a 3OT win over Arizona and a 1 TD win over Colorado. And it looks like a lot of his big stats came over the first few games against the less talented teams.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:28 PM 03-01-2024
Any grown man that goes into the stands and crawls up into his mama's lap crying because he lost the game says volumes. OK so he doesn't want to get examined by 31 other teams, he only wants the serious teams I get that but he's got to go along to get along because if he doesn't allow these other teams to play poker with the other teams, it doesn't look good especially when you've already been caught crying in your mama's lap as a grown man.
[Reply]
On The Road Chief 09:52 AM 03-02-2024
Chicago should just trade the pick. Williams has bust written all over him and he seems mentally fragile. And all the hang ups Caleb has are the same one Justin Fielda has; one read and holds on to the ball to long to make a play happen. We'll there are some differences, Justin has mental toughness and can deal with adversity and is proven leader the team can and will follow. And belive you mean Justin has been put through the ringer. A lame duck coach using a suspect offense that didn't work and then replace with an inexperienced and stubborn OC who couldn't or wouldn't cater to his signal caller's strengths? In his second year his team was torn down to it'd nuts n bolts for a rebuild with no quality receivers or offensive line? And learning new offenses back to back in his first two years, I'm not surprised he didn't put up all star numbers and is still figuring things out. But despite that his numbers have improved every single year. So Chicago doesn't really know what they have in Justin Fields and that's primarily there fault. Now that they have some semblance of stability no they have a proper chance to find out.

It's not that I firmly 100% belive that JF1 is the answer its more I don't believe CW13 is it either. The primary reason is at The Bears will have a plethora of draft capital to show for keeping their current guy and be able to rebuild faster and if Fields doesn't pan out they will be able to have an established team in place for his replacement.

Most importantly The Bears need to break the cycle of drafting a QB in a coaches lame duck year only to fire him and force his guy on the new coach. I'm calling it right now, Chi is not going to do well next year regardless if it's Fields or Williams and Eberflus is going to get sacked. Then Williams will be in the same boat as all his predecessors: Fields, Trubisky, and Grossman. The coach who drafted them gers fires and a new guy comes along who wants to hitch his wagon to a signal caller of his choosing. At least if they keep Fields and Eberflus together it will be a clean break and the new coach and QB will be on the same time line. This is the reason Chicago has always struggled in mediocrity.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:58 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by On The Road Chief:
Chicago should just trade the pick. Williams has bust written all over him and he seems mentally fragile. And all the hang ups Caleb has are the same one Justin Fielda has; one read and holds on to the ball to long to make a play happen. We'll there are some differences, Justin has mental toughness and can deal with adversity and is proven leader the team can and will follow. And belive you mean Justin has been put through the ringer. A lame duck coach using a suspect offense that didn't work and then replace with an inexperienced and stubborn OC who couldn't or wouldn't cater to his signal caller's strengths? In his second year his team was torn down to it'd nuts n bolts for a rebuild with no quality receivers or offensive line? And learning new offenses back to back in his first two years, I'm not surprised he didn't put up all star numbers and is still figuring things out. But despite that his numbers have improved every single year. So Chicago doesn't really know what they have in Justin Fields and that's primarily there fault. Now that they have some semblance of stability no they have a proper chance to find out.

It's not that I firmly 100% belive that JF1 is the answer its more I don't believe CW13 is it either. The primary reason is at The Bears will have a plethora of draft capital to show for keeping their current guy and be able to rebuild faster and if Fields doesn't pan out they will be able to have an established team in place for his replacement.

Most importantly The Bears need to break the cycle of drafting a QB in a coaches lame duck year only to fire him and force his guy on the new coach. I'm calling it right now, Chi is not going to do well next year regardless if it's Fields or Williams and Eberflus is going to get sacked. Then Williams will be in the same boat as all his predecessors: Fields, Trubisky, and Grossman. The coach who drafted them gers fires and a new guy comes along who wants to hitch his wagon to a signal caller of his choosing. At least if they keep Fields and Eberflus together it will be a clean break and the new coach and QB will be on the same time line. This is the reason Chicago has always struggled in mediocrity.
This is where I am at. I think they should go Harrison Jr. If fields flops this year with him. Then you are high draft spot again and get a new QB with talent already in place.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:03 PM 03-02-2024
Trade back and take Marv Jr
[Reply]
Page 12 of 46
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up