ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 146
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
DenverChief 01:51 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I'm not scared of Philly. For starters, I think that the only reason that they beat the 49ers was because Purdy got hurt. I know that their pass rush is fierce, but they haven't tried to get to Mahomes and we know how elusive he can be. Also, Hurts threw for 121 yards in that game. I'm sorry, but 121 yards isn't going to cut it against the Chiefs. If Cheffers doesn't screw us, they Chiefs should win by double digits.
I was watching Skip and Shannon earlier and they were talking about some of the 49ers saying they thought they were gonna fleece the Eagles until they lost their QB.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:56 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
I think we will see big days from Jones/Clark/Saunders and Danna against Philly. I think stopping their run game is gonna come down to how much Gay and Bolton can stay disciplined to the line and keep them from getting more than 3 YPC as well as getting good run support from the secondary
I think Carlos may have a big day, though not necessarily in the form of sacks/QB hits. But his length might be a factor vs. a shorter QB like Hurts, forcing errant throws, double clutches that destroy timing, and hopefully some tipped passes. Also, he's been pretty damned good vs. the run since week 10 or so, and that could be a big factor next Sunday.

And yeah, Gay and Bolton have to have huge games, both vs. the run and in coverage. Bot I also think we might see Cook on the field a lot more as our third S. Chenal might have a bigger role as well.

And I'm just hoping our defense can limit their rushing attack to anything under 4 yds/carry. Statistically when teams can do that to PHI, They've had a much tougher time earning a W. So 3.8yds/carry would be fine. Just don't let them average more than 4.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:01 PM 02-06-2023
Line still at -1.5 Philly.

I remember reading in here some insane stat like only 3 times in the Mahomes era the Chiefs were underdogs?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:01 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't fault them for being confident. A roster analysis sure says they have a talented team.

But man, they're just awfully tough to get a read on because that schedule was just laughably shitty. And then they got a couple of pre-season caliber opponents to get to the championship. It's like that year KU made the Final 4 without playing anyone higher than a 9 seed.

But ultimately they'll get their chance to prove it.
Here's something to think about.

As much as the media is pumping up the Eagles, if KC could choose Eagles or to play the Bengals again to win the SB, how many think they would want to play the Bengals again? I don't think they would change it up.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:22 PM 02-06-2023
Surprised there hasn’t been more national talk about Reid being fired by the Eagles. Haven’t heard much anyway.

Do we think he’s still bitter about it and it gives him a little extra motivation?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:26 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Surprised there hasn’t been more national talk about Reid being fired by the Eagles. Haven’t heard much anyway.

Do we think he’s still bitter about it and it gives him a little extra motivation?
Don't see any evidence of it. He openly has nothing but love and respect for the PHI orgaization and the Lurie's. And he's returned to PHI several times to visit the team for various reasons. Plus, winning in the manner that he has since coming to KC and a SB ring probably have erased any remaining ill-will he might have had since he was fired, I'd imagine.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:28 PM 02-06-2023
Probably quietly thanks them for getting him out of that shitty city
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:31 PM 02-06-2023
There's zero chance Andy is bitter at PHI.

One it was ancient history and two - he's got 3 Super Bowl appearances with the Chiefs. I doubt he really even thinks about Philly anymore, good or bad.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:31 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Don't see any evidence of it. He openly has nothing but love and respect for the PHI orgaization and the Lurie's. And he's returned to PHI several times to visit the team for various reasons. Plus, winning in the manner that he has since coming to KC and a SB ring probably have erased any remaining ill-will he might have had since he was fired, I'd imagine.
Might be the case, but he'd probably show the same level of respect even if he was seething inside. I'm betting he wants this one a little more than if it were any other team.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:36 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's zero chance Andy is bitter at PHI.

One it was ancient history and two - he's got 3 Super Bowl appearances with the Chiefs. I doubt he really even thinks about Philly anymore, good or bad.
If Sal Paolantonio shows up, he's going to punch him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:39 PM 02-06-2023
Might be the case, but he'd probably show the same level of respect even if he was seething inside. I'm betting he wants this one a little more than if it were any other team.
Maybe. And I'd agree that Andy wants this one a bit more because that it his former team. I just don't think there's any bitterness involved. Heck, last season, iirc, he went back to PHI to attend some award/recognition ceremony for a former Eagles player of his. I'm pretty sure he wasn't invited to do anything at the event; he just wanted to be there for his player.

that doesn't sound like a guy that's harboring any ill-will.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:04 PM 02-06-2023

I really doubt he's bitter. Think he was thrilled to move on, but sure I could see him being motivated to stick it to his old employer.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:25 PM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Maybe. And I'd agree that Andy wants this one a bit more because that it his former team. I just don't think there's any bitterness involved. Heck, last season, iirc, he went back to PHI to attend some award/recognition ceremony for a former Eagles player of his. I'm pretty sure he wasn't invited to do anything at the event; he just wanted to be there for his player.

that doesn't sound like a guy that's harboring any ill-will.
Well, the players didn't fire him. No coach is going to have resentment toward the players.

Funny thing is, the one who is talking about having a chip on his shoulder is Sirianni. He says he never wanted to leave KC because his wife lived here and had a nice job and all her friends/family were here.

As if he could've expected Reid to retain him on the new staff.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:32 PM 02-06-2023

Nah. Too long ago. If the Chiefs played the Eagles in the SB in 2014 or 2015, then maybe. He also doesn't seem like a vindictive person.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:36 PM 02-06-2023

As fas as I know, He has said nothing but nice things about anything associated with Philly. He may secretly hold some shit against the owner. Maybe Reid told him they needed an elite QB to win? Who knows what their private conversations were….

I’d just can’t believe Reid will go off on the owner publicly no matter what. That’s just not who he is.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 146
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131 > Last »
Up