ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 146
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
O.city 09:32 AM 01-31-2023
This is what you drafted and played all those rookies in the secondary all year for.

I'm gonna devote all I can to the front 7, do all I can to stop the run. Make Hurts stay in and beat them from the pocket.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:34 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think that's fair.

Higgins and Chase were plastered all game and still put up yards because they're phenomenal in the air.

Brown and Smith are different animals than that.
They were drunk?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:35 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Youngbuck17:
Brown and Smith were 4th and 9th respectively in yards this year. Chase and Higgins were 17th and 20th. And that was with missing Hurts for two games. Chase and Higgins are great receivers, but I think you might be underestimating Brown and Smith.
Chase is probably the best receiver in the league right now...
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:38 AM 01-31-2023
Brown and Smith were 4th and 9th respectively in yards this year. Chase and Higgins were 17th and 20th. And that was with missing Hurts for two games. Chase and Higgins are great receivers, but I think you might be underestimating Brown and Smith.
And Chase missed 5 games. Your point?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:39 AM 01-31-2023
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this isn't all that different from playing the Ravens. Hurts has better weapons on the outside than Lamar has ever had but Hurts also isn't as dynamic as Lamar was at his peak.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:43 AM 01-31-2023
Hurts threw for 120 and less than 5 YPA.

His shoulder isn’t right in the slightest.

Game sets up nicely for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:44 AM 01-31-2023
There’s only one ball to go around.

You’re forgetting that Tyler Boyd also put up nearly 800 yards. Hurst also caught 52 balls for 400+ yards. Chase only played 12 games and still had a 1,000+ yards.

Goedert only caught 3 more passes than Hurst, but obviously did more with those catches. Brown and Smith both played 17 games, unlike Chase. Goedert + Watkins caught 22 fewer passes than Hurst and Boyd, which left more opportunities for Smith and Brown. Smith and Brown had like 40 more targets than Chase and Higgins.

The total yardage comparison across the top two wide receivers doesn’t tell the whole story. Both duos are sensational any way you look at it.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:44 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Hurts threw for 120 and less than 5 YPA.

His shoulder isn’t right in the slightest.

Game sets up nicely for the Chiefs.
They've 100% protected the hell out of him throwing and are very lucky they weren't in any close games.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:45 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They've 100% protected the hell out of him throwing and are very lucky they weren't in any close games.
Which made zero sense as to why they were running him in the game against the 49ers.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:47 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Which made zero sense as to why they were running him in the game against the 49ers.
Says to me he probably needs surgery on his labrum so it isn't gonna get better or worse and he just has to deal with it.

Also the Eagles are treating Hurts like he's a throwaway QB. I wonder if this is gonna become a thing in the NFL going forward. Team drafts young athletic QB, runs him into the ground for 4 years and when it's time to get paid they just draft another one. To basically avoid the big QB contract..
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:48 AM 01-31-2023
He was pretty clearly feeling each run as well, unless he just has the worst case of resting bitch face ever known to man
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:49 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is what you drafted and played all those rookies in the secondary all year for.

I'm gonna devote all I can to the front 7, do all I can to stop the run. Make Hurts stay in and beat them from the pocket.
How physical will Cheffers' crew allow them to be? Against Tampa in the SB, they didn't allow the DBs to play at all.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:49 AM 01-31-2023
No doubt Mahomes is an awesome QB. But the Niners secondary is below average, which worked right into Mahome's and Reid's tendencies. Which is why Mahomes passed for over 400 yards in that game. Eagles have the top ranked secondary.

However, I will agree that the Eagles have not faced much in way of elite QB play. They have the roster to defend it, but Gannon (their DC) believes in a bend-don't-break philosophy of zone and soft coverages against the better QBs, which IMO doesn't put his best players in the best position. So in the past two years they have struggled more with the great QBs. But to be fair, who doesn't?
Top-ranked secondary is something you have to apply context to. Who have you played, and what type of passing attack did they have? That's the context that matters.

Did you have a lot of games against top 10 QBs with good weapons? (That's a no and where the schedule may be masking how dominant the Eagles' D actually was).

Buffalo had the top-ranked secondary coming into the 2021 playoffs and the Chiefs lit them up all night... because it was a soft zone-based coverage that played bend and not break and tried to rely on mistakes by the opposition or pressure by its front to work. Which had worked really well because the Bills played a lot of bad QBs/passings attacks (their entire division was full of them, so six games right there) and backup QBs.

I see some similarities to the Eagles' schedule this year.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:50 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I mean, Hollywood couldn't script this any better

Reid faces the team that fired him 10 years ago for all the marbles

Donna Kelce gets to be the first parent to see two sons play against each other for the strap

The very worthy foe Eagles who just absolutely DEMOLISHED a very good team

And I'm no doubt missing 10 other angles... needless to say this will be one for the ages

Now I gotta start brainstorming for the ultimate food and drink ideas

God this is great :-)
Don’t forget Jalen vs Jaylen.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:50 AM 01-31-2023
I love ESPN selling that the Eagles defense is dominant, their run game is dominant, 3rd down conversion all because of their playoff numbers....cmon guys they played garbage, so those numbers are fools gold.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 146
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up