ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ongoing St. Louis vs the NFL Litigation Thread
Rams Fan 09:40 PM 07-12-2021
So, as a TLDR warning, basically all these tweets are from today regarding rulings in St. Louis' lawsuit vs the NFL regarding the Rams relocation

Basically, the judge ruled heavily in the city's favor to continue moving forward in the legal process and it looks like this case will go to a jury trial at some point, meaning a bunch of dirty laundry concerning the league is about to be aired.

Tid-bit regarding the Chiefs is that it looks like Clark Hunt's financial information, as well as some other owners aside from Kroenke, will be shared with the city.

At STL City court...STL vs. NFL protective order to asess punitive damages. STL wants discovery of NFL assets, says the legal standard is straightforward.

— Randy Karraker (@RandyKarraker) July 12, 2021

STL says NFL & Kroenke committed "willful or outrageous or reckless act vs. plaintiff rights."

STL claims NFL kept discovery confidential. Email from Eric Gruman-"I'm trying to get some terrific L.A. opportunities to fruition under cover of darkness."

In deposition, Goodell held relocation guidelines in his hand. Was asked "are these mandatory?" (to abide by) Replied "Counselor, it says right here, (they are).

2014 Email from Demoff to NFL says L.A. land story is coming out. League responds "what should we say." Demoff provides talking points that Goodell uses in Super Bowl press conference, denying he knows land purchase by Kroenke is for stadium.

Peacock e-mail to Demoff telling him about National Car Rental naming rights deal. Demoff responds with link to YouTube video that screams "F it, I'm out."

STL has record of 2013 phone call with Kroenke, Goodell, Mara (Giants) and Rooney (Steelers). Kroenke says "I'm going to buy 2 parcels of land and build a stadium in L.A." Says we're trying very hard to stay under the radar screen and keep it hidden." Goodell: "We will respect

Your confidentiality. "

Other notes-NFL never intended to force Kroenke to negotiate in good faith.

Judge says he needs clear and convincing evidence that about 25 defendants operated in a fraudulent manner, and says he hasn't seen that. Says evidence is necessary to delve into individuals' finances.

STL attorney says they received relocation money. That's all we need to know. It was said in owners meeting STL would be harmed."

It was confirmed that the Arizona Cardinals voted against the Rams relocation. My sense is the Panthers were the other team that did.

Judge says preponderance of evidence exists against Mara, Kraft, Jones, Rooney...one other...for damages. Most NFL owners spared discovery of finances.

2 other nuggets: Jerry Jones admitted he urged Kroenke to move. Day after relocation vote, Rams signed contract w/ Jones Legends corp to sell PSL's and luxury boxes.

One quick correction: STL has the ability to investigate net worth of NFL, Goodell, Kroenke, Jones, Kraft, Mara, Richardson. They have 10 days to ask for right to investigate other owners. Apparently it's rare for a judge to rule from the bench, as he did for STL here.

In today's more than 2-hour hearing that was not publicly docketed, Judge Chris McGraugh said St. Louis plaintiffs showed sufficient evidence to get financials from NFL, Kroenke, Rams, Commissioner Goodell and team owners Jones, Mara, Kraft and Richardson. Story TK @stltoday https://t.co/sDJG6LMNgV

— Joel Currier (@joelcurrier) July 12, 2021

Correction. The judge did not list Goodell among those from whom St. Louis plaintiffs may get financial information. He mentioned Clark Hunt, owner of the KC Chiefs. @Ben_Fred https://t.co/bTnjbh9prn

— Joel Currier (@joelcurrier) July 12, 2021

[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:15 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Settled for $790 million.
Wish it went to trial, but that seems fair to me.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:24 AM 11-24-2021

6) As for the air-the-dirty laundry argument, believe me I get it. But so much of it has been aired. Kroenke registering Rams as LA business in 2010. Demoff Adios M-Fer email. Richardson calling Grubman devious. Those who are paying attention saw the laundry, in full.

— Ben Frederickson (@Ben_Fred) November 24, 2021

Didn't know Kroenke registered the Rams as a LA company in 2010. WTF :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:27 AM 11-24-2021
Tishaura Jones and Sam Page will line their pockets with that money.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:29 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Tishaura Jones and Sam Page will line their pockets with that money.
Probably, but there's still a lot where it should be immediately go towards.

1. Pay off the rest of the Dome.
2. Pay for Dome/Convention Center renovation.
3. Pay off the $ that went to the stadium task force.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:43 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Wish it went to trial, but that seems fair to me.
That’s extremely disappointing. They have the nfl cornered. I would hope there’s more to this.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:47 AM 11-24-2021
Looks like the city/county end up with $500M after the lawyers fees are paid off and the money spent to develop the stadium proposal.

I'm sure they won't fight tooth and nail over that. :-)

Win for the city, IMO. St. Louis stops looking like a petty ex to folks outside the region (that's the perception that seems to permeate), and it goes away before the other NFL owners run out of stall tactics.

I think this also sets up Kroenke to be the new Al Davis/villain owner of the NFL.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:56 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That’s extremely disappointing. They have the nfl cornered. I would hope there’s more to this.
It would've taken years for this go through appeals and even then I'm not sure how much St. Louis would have been awarded. Legal fees would go up, too.

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Looks like the city/county end up with $500M after the lawyers fees are paid off and the money spent to develop the stadium proposal.

I'm sure they won't fight tooth and nail over that. :-)

Win for the city, IMO. St. Louis stops looking like a petty ex to folks outside the region (that's the perception that seems to permeate), and it goes away before the other NFL owners run out of stall tactics.

I think this also sets up Kroenke to be the new Al Davis/villain owner of the NFL.
Which I don't understand this perception at all. Kroenke literally spoke to the media twice when he became majority owner in St. Louis- once after he became majority owner in 2010 and again after Fisher was named HC.

Aside from that, he was quiet. Never engaged personally with the community and let Demoff act as his mouthpiece on his behalf.

I'm not for public $ being spent on stadiums, but the effort to at least try still worked out and is why the city/county is getting $790 million. Oakland never tried(which is a reason why their suit was thrown out of court) and San Diego's effort failed after a vote.

I don't see the NFL returning to St. Louis in my lifetime, but who knows. I'd think the NBA would have a better chance at returning here, however, I don't see that happening unless the Blues ownership group was directly involved with acquiring a team.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:22 PM 11-24-2021
It would've taken years for this go through appeals and even then I'm not sure how much St. Louis would have been awarded. Legal fees would go up, too.

Which I don't understand this perception at all. Kroenke literally spoke to the media twice when he became majority owner in St. Louis- once after he became majority owner in 2010 and again after Fisher was named HC.

Aside from that, he was quiet. Never engaged personally with the community and let Demoff act as his mouthpiece on his behalf.

I'm not for public $ being spent on stadiums, but the effort to at least try still worked out and is why the city/county is getting $790 million. Oakland never tried(which is a reason why their suit was thrown out of court) and San Diego's effort failed after a vote.

I don't see the NFL returning to St. Louis in my lifetime, but who knows. I'd think the NBA would have a better chance at returning here, however, I don't see that happening unless the Blues ownership group was directly involved with acquiring a team.
The possibility I’m hoping for is that this was kroenke weaseling out of this and forcing the nfl to deal with the rest. Which means the nfl is still on the hook. More importantly kroenke pisses off the entire nfl.

This would go through years of appeals. But good chance before then that jerry and krafts financials get scrutinized which is a nightmare scenario for the nfl. Not to mention all the questions around nfls antitrust laws. The nfl would be racing to settle this quickly. Which is why I can’t believe they wouldn’t hold out to settle more if this is all that comes of this.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:28 PM 11-24-2021
The possibility I’m hoping for is that this was kroenke weaseling out of this and forcing the nfl to deal with the rest. Which means the nfl is still on the hook. More importantly kroenke pisses off the entire nfl.

This would go through years of appeals. But good chance before then that jerry and krafts financials get scrutinized which is a nightmare scenario for the nfl. Not to mention all the questions around nfls antitrust laws. The nfl would be racing to settle this quickly. Which is why I can’t believe they wouldn’t hold out to settle more if this is all that comes of this.
The NFL has very limited anti-trust exemption, as opposed to MLB.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 02:08 PM 11-24-2021
Probably a good deal for st louis. I hope the other nfl owners resent kroenke over this and bend him over on anything he tries to do in the future.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:29 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Probably a good deal for st louis. I hope the other nfl owners resent kroenke over this and bend him over on anything he tries to do in the future.
They should steal the sickly weasel he uses as a rug.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:48 PM 11-24-2021
The NFL has very limited anti-trust exemption, as opposed to MLB.
There has to be something to this. Like an underhanded deal for something like a future franchise. Because I just can’t understand the rush to settle for this amount. They had the nfl on the ropes

It’s not just about the money. It’s sticking it to kroenke for dicking them over. Which could have been done the more this played out. Instead the nfl and kroenke paid a few hundred mill to make billions and no damn person learned a lesson. I don’t think it’s just stl disappointed by this
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:00 PM 11-24-2021
There has to be something to this. Like an underhanded deal for something like a future franchise. Because I just can’t understand the rush to settle for this amount. They had the nfl on the ropes

It’s not just about the money. It’s sticking it to kroenke for dicking them over. Which could have been done the more this played out. Instead the nfl and kroenke paid a few hundred mill to make billions and no damn person learned a lesson. I don’t think it’s just stl disappointed by this
Why should the city of St Louis be spiteful dicks instead of maximizing the benefits to tax payers?

Or do you think they could have dragged it on for years and paid 100 of millions (?) in legal fees and have actually been assured of coming out ahead ten+ years down the road?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:14 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Why should the city of St Louis be spiteful dicks instead of maximizing the benefits to tax payers?

Or do you think they could have dragged it on for years and paid 100 of millions (?) in legal fees and have actually been assured of coming out ahead ten+ years down the road?
They didn’t have to drag it out for years. Considering their leverage they could have easily gotten way more the closer it got to trial. The nfl was scared shitless and yet it feels like stl rushed to a settlement that seems disappointing. Falls way short of the damage caused and teaches nobody a lesson. This settlement was an Alex smith checkdown
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:35 PM 11-24-2021
They didn’t have to drag it out for years. Considering their leverage they could have easily gotten way more the closer it got to trial. The nfl was scared shitless and yet it feels like stl rushed to a settlement that seems disappointing. Falls way short of the damage caused and teaches nobody a lesson. This settlement was an Alex smith checkdown
I disagree with that. I think it's a clear win for STL. When Dave Peacock first mentioned they would sue the NFL had the NFL not stayed true to it's guidelines. They were laughed at. The NFL didn't bat an eye. Now, it cost them no small amount of money. STL did alright with that.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up