ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3834 of 3903
« First < 2834333437343784382438303831383238333834 383538363837383838443884 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
LTL 07:38 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by 4th and Long:
I can tell you what they look like. We have MORE COVID patients now than we did a year ago.
I'm in south central ks and this is us as well then sprinkle in things we didn't have to deal with as much last year and being short nurses and its a shit show.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:28 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
If you would have just posted that and left out the part about ivermectin then ok
It shows the hypocrisy of the media and the agenda they are driving. Ivermectin as a human drug has a forty year history of being safe. That’s a fact. The media creates a false narrative that it is primarily an animal medication and hundreds of people were taking the animal form and clogging up hospitals.

Meanwhile legitimate dangers exist with the Merck pill and it is barely mentioned in msm.
[Reply]
Fish 08:34 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
It shows the hypocrisy of the media and the agenda they are driving. Ivermectin as a human drug has a forty year history of being safe. That’s a fact. The media creates a false narrative that it is primarily an animal medication and hundreds of people were taking the animal form and clogging up hospitals.

Meanwhile legitimate dangers exist with the Merck pill and it is barely mentioned in msm.
Bolded is not necessarily true. It has a history of treatment for humans that have parasitic worms, that much is true. Same as its use in livestock. But it still has well known negative side effects. It's used for that treatment, because the side effects are worth risking to rid someone of parasitic worms.

The fact that it's been effectively used for that purpose(parasites) doesn't really mean much for it's treatment of something else like covid(virus). And it's not like it hasn't been tested thoroughly for that purpose. It has, and none of the studies have shown any conclusive proof that it's effective.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:45 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Bolded is not necessarily true. It has a history of treatment for humans that have parasitic worms, that much is true. Same as its use in livestock. But it still has well known negative side effects. It's used for that treatment, because the side effects are worth risking to rid someone of parasitic worms.

The fact that it's been effectively used for that purpose(parasites) doesn't really mean much for it's treatment of something else like covid(virus). And it's not like it hasn't been tested thoroughly for that purpose. It has, and none of the studies have shown any conclusive proof that it's effective.
It may or may not be effective for Covid. That should be up to open scientific discussion, testing and debate, not censorship, false media claims and fictitious stories. That is incredibly dangerous.
[Reply]
Fish 08:56 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
It may or may not be effective for Covid. That should be up to open scientific discussion, testing and debate, not censorship, false media claims and fictitious stories. That is incredibly dangerous.
It has been up to open scientific discussion for well over a year. There have been many studies done. The overwhelming conclusion is that it wasn't effective. Tests are still ongoing. There's nothing stopping any scientists from providing evidence of its effectiveness, or debating the issue. That can and has been done. Ivermectin simply hasn't proven to be successful in any quality studies.
[Reply]
TimBone 09:00 PM 12-21-2021
But Joe Rogan said..
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:08 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by TimBone:
But Joe Rogan said..
Where did Joe Rogan get his info?

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Joe Rogan the fact is Ivermectin is an incredibly safe drug yet media had to literally fabricate stories about it in an attempt to scare people.

BTW my wife was prescribed it by her Dr just 2 weeks ago when she tested posotive.
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 PM 12-21-2021
It’s safe at levels for parasitic involvement

The amount needed to or shown to have antiviral activity isn’t. Or atleast based on my readings. I have no clue. It may provide some help. It may not.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:42 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
It has been up to open scientific discussion for well over a year. There have been many studies done. The overwhelming conclusion is that it wasn't effective. Tests are still ongoing. There's nothing stopping any scientists from providing evidence of its effectiveness, or debating the issue. That can and has been done. Ivermectin simply hasn't proven to be successful in any quality studies.
The same people who spent year one going on about how 99.9% of people have zero serious side effects and don't die from Covid, then take an anti-parasitic when they get Covid and fit inside their own statistic.... boom, science!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:36 PM 12-21-2021
Woah.

https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/sta...MZ9l3aMKQ&s=19
[Reply]
Hawker007 11:54 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Woah.

https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/sta...MZ9l3aMKQ&s=19
Well that is interesting. But like the article says, there’s a chance we will all be infected before we even get a chance to take this. But, it will be beneficial going forward against other variants if needed.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 12:19 AM 12-22-2021
What I've read is that Covid Omnicron is going to get everyone, including those of us who are vaccinated. The only difference is that it will be much less severe, especially for the vaccinated, than the other versions of this G** D*** F****** virus.

I hate it. I really hate it. I'm sick to death of this lousy virus. Let's go China!

However, in a pleasantly surprising development, the US Army may be on the verge of a Covid-19 vaccine that handles all forms of the SARS-origin viruses. Very exciting stuff.

Here's the link:
https://www.defenseone.com/technolog...riants/360089/
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:23 AM 12-22-2021
I'm not sure if this was discussed, but here is the OP-Ed written by Drs. Krauss and Gruber who were the two scientists who resigned from the FDA a few months ago and another member of the FDA advisory committee on boosters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...ersal-opinion/
[Reply]
O.city 08:42 AM 12-22-2021
Yeah, boosters for those under, 60ish and healthy aren't really needed IMO for hospitalizations and severe illness.

But at this point, you aren't getting to the unvaccinated.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:56 AM 12-22-2021
There is also data out now that the risk of myocarditis in males under 40 is greater after 2 Moderna shots than it is from catching Covid. The numbers will likely climb if Moderna is being used as a booster.

The US should follow the European countries who don't recommend Moderna for males under 40.
[Reply]
Page 3834 of 3903
« First < 2834333437343784382438303831383238333834 383538363837383838443884 > Last »
Up