ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 120
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:44 PM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Fire "BT" good ****ing God he's an abomination. At best a discount Hudler knock off. Embarrassing this team can't do better than this calling games
I’m sure he’s working for cheap. That’s why he still has a job. “Drop the head of the bat” to explain a home run.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:02 PM 05-22-2023
Helsley cannot pitch two innings, imploded on Saturday when bright out for a second inning, and yet Marmol brought him out with the Manfred runner on.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:11 PM 05-22-2023
Extra inning rules are dumb as shit. Ghost runner? What is this 8th grade PE?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:18 AM 05-23-2023
Extra inning rules are dumb as shit. Ghost runner? What is this 8th grade PE?
Agreed but besides Dejong the whole lineup left the offense in STL, Thats a bandbox. Serious fail.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:41 AM 05-23-2023
https://www.si.com/mlb/cardinals/new...ibextid=Zxz2cZ

If Ohtani is on the trade market, the Cardinals would be toward the front of betting odds to acquire his services given their resources both financially and in the farm system. One pundit believes St. Louis is the top landing spot for Ohtani this summer.

What group of players would it take to pull that off? Those big trades are the ones that seems to something Mo doesn’t screw up. Arenado, Goldschmidt, the trade in 2011 that got us a World Series. That doesn’t mean I trust Monto do shit(Miami trade), but he falls on his face less often in those trades.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:00 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

If Ohtani is on the trade market, the Cardinals would be toward the front of betting odds to acquire his services given their resources both financially and in the farm system. One pundit believes St. Louis is the top landing spot for Ohtani this summer.

What group of players would it take to pull that off? Those big trades are the ones that seems to something Mo doesn’t screw up. Arenado, Goldschmidt, the trade in 2011 that got us a World Series. That doesn’t mean I trust Monto do shit(Miami trade), but he falls on his face less often in those trades.
Pffffttt.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 12:05 PM 05-23-2023

I’m all in for Ohtani. Fills a gap in SP and has an elite bat to boot. We can finally get rid of our massive backlog of hitters. As far as young talent, I wanted to keep Gorman and Walker last year and still think the same. If Cards go for Ohtani, they won’t trade Noot since they are friends. May not make baseball sense but it is business sense. But everyone else should be open in negotiations. Is it possible to acquire Ohtani and keep Gorman, Liberatore, Walker, and Noot? I’m not so sure.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:57 PM 05-23-2023

Oh for fucks sake
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:59 PM 05-23-2023
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

There is ZERO chance Mozeliak and DeWitt pull that off. None fucking whatsoever.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:06 PM 05-23-2023
So now we have no room for Ohtani because "WE GOT NOOOOOOOT" What will the fans chant!!! Par for the course. That would be 2 offseasons in a row he'd cost a prime deal
[Reply]
jd1020 03:15 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Is it possible to acquire Ohtani and keep Gorman, Liberatore, Walker, and Noot? I’m not so sure.
Give ya a hint: No.

Ohtani is probably the most marketable player in the sport. He's a perennial MVP front runner. The Angels won't be trading him at a rental price. If a trade for Ohtani happens it's going to be on the assumption the acquiring team is extending him and the price is going to reflect that. Basically paying for the rights to bypass the uncertainty of FA.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:01 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Give ya a hint: No.

Ohtani is probably the most marketable player in the sport. He's a perennial MVP front runner. The Angels won't be trading him at a rental price. If a trade for Ohtani happens it's going to be on the assumption the acquiring team is extending him and the price is going to reflect that. Basically paying for the rights to bypass the uncertainty of FA.
The Angels will throw their best offer at him to extend him and if they can't, he'll get dealt for something slightly less than the Nationals got for Soto. The marketability and two-way status makes him more valuable in a vacuum than Soto but he's a pending FA vs. Soto's 2+ years of arb eligibility.

I mean this is essentially the same thing that was said about Machado and Harper and when it was all said and done, Harper left for nothing and Machado didn't bring a ton back.

And if the Angels have any interest in trying to retain him and think there's any way at all he'll change his mind, they aren't going to open a negotiating window for potential acquiring teams either. If for no other reason than it may just end up slamming the door shut to a pre-FA extension possibility for the acquiring team (once the sides start trading numbers) and further diminish his trade value. It's why many, if not most teams these days, don't offer that negotiating window.

I mean, what's your 'moon and stars' price, here? 2 top 25 prospects? I don't think he'll get that as a pending FA. Nobody does anymore.

Then again, the state of prospects in baseball right now is pretty weak, IMO. Sal Frelick shouldn't be a top 25 guy yet there he is. Marco Luciano DEFINITELY shouldn't be and yet he's top 20. Even Marcelo Mayer, a top 5 guy is...fine. I mean he's 20 years old at A+ so he's a little underaged but you'd think he'd be in AA by now if he's a star in themaking. And I'm still not sure there's a standout tool in there anywhere.

It's just not a great crop of minor leaguers at the moment, IMO. I mean once you get past Diego Cartaya, I'm not sure I see many real blue-chippers left unless you're willing to really do some deep diving into the low minors and man, those are just dart throws.
[Reply]
raybec 4 05:07 PM 05-23-2023
So now we have no room for Ohtani because "WE GOT NOOOOOOOT" What will the fans chant!!! Par for the course. That would be 2 offseasons in a row he'd cost a prime deal
I'm not sure when Noot fucked your wife but this is irrational.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:37 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean, what's your 'moon and stars' price, here? 2 top 25 prospects? I don't think he'll get that as a pending FA. Nobody does anymore.
I dont think 2.

1 for a starter though.

I think if the Cardinals were to do it the centerpiece would be Gorman vs Walker.

Who would you choose? Do you think Gorman spontaneously figured out how to reduced his strikeouts by 6%+ or is this just a hot streak like O'Neill experienced for a year? If you think he's legit then I would probably go with Walker in the deal. Walker for all the praise of power he gets just doesn't show it in game. He's not fairing any better in AAA and then you are left with having to figure out where the fuck he plays on the MLB team. He's all time terrible in the outfield, so is he a DH because of Arenado? His value to the MLB team just isnt there.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:28 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Angels will throw their best offer at him to extend him and if they can't, he'll get dealt for something slightly less than the Nationals got for Soto.
He'll still require a shit ton going back to Anaheim, but it won't be as much as Soto for a few reasons:

1. As you mentioned, Soto was under contract for multiple seasons at the time of his trade.
2. If San Diego kept Soto up until to FA, SD would get a pick if he rejected a qualifying offer.

Why do you dislike Nootbar? His defense and ability to get on base are both valuable skills that you'd want in an OF.

And getting Soto would've done absolutely nothing due to how terrible the rotation is.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 120
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Up