ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
The Gonzo Lounge>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!


For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:22 PM 07-06-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
And who exactly would they be selling?
Originally Posted by seclark:
^this^
sec
Yep, maybe Martinez, DeJong, some of our relivers but what can you get for them even in a sellers market? Probably not worth it, your selling low on all of them, hang on to them and hope they turn it around.



They had better not be talking about Liberatore/Gorman level guys. With those guys, next year we can field a respectable team.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:53 PM 07-11-2021
So who are we fixing to draft?
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:45 PM 07-11-2021
10:54
Lash: What are both of your favorite and least favorite picks from the first round?
10:55

Eric A Longenhagen: House was great value, thought Hoglund was too. Feel like McGreevy was a reach. Sweeney too, but I worry we underrate him. I feel more comfortable with my McGreevy eval.

[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:47 PM 07-11-2021
Cardinals select college right-hander Michael McGreevy with the 18th pick

By Keith Law
July 11, 2021 at 8:15 PM CDT

The Cardinals go conservative at 18, taking a command right-hander with average stuff in Mike McGreevy. McGreevy never walks anyone -- he faced 425 batters this year and walked 11, a 2.6 percent rate that might make Carlos Silva jealous. He's touched the mid-90s but doesn't pitch there now, working mostly at 88-92 without a clear plus secondary pitch. The Cardinals may hope they can squeeze some more velocity out of him, as the Angels have done with lefty Reid Detmers, their first-rounder in 2020. This is also a complete 180 from the Cardinals' first-round pick last year, when they took raw, toolsy Georgia high school hitter Jordan Walker, whom they just promoted to High A at age 19.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:48 PM 07-25-2021
Iím hearing rumors of a trade? WTF? With 62 games left San Diego is 14 games over .500 for the last playoff spot.

If SD just plays .500 ball the rest of the way the Cardinals need to go 43-19 the rest of the way. In what reality is that possible?
[Reply]
VAChief 07:30 AM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’m hearing rumors of a trade? WTF? With 62 games left San Diego is 14 games over .500 for the last playoff spot.

If SD just plays .500 ball the rest of the way the Cardinals need to go 43-19 the rest of the way. In what reality is that possible?
They should only consider trades that build for the future. I’m surprised that Waino’s name hasn’t come up. Talk about the perfect rental for some team.

If Mo entertains trading any of our already thin list of near major prospects he should be fired on the spot. Trading Gorman, Liberatore, Walker, etc. would be worse than the boneheaded decision to extend Carpenter.

Let everyone get healthy, play out this season (decide what you want to do up the middle at SS and 2B) let the dead weight contracts go finally…Carpenter, Martinez, Miller and use the money to fill holes and add depth.

We ARE not one or two players away.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:03 AM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’m hearing rumors of a trade? WTF? With 62 games left San Diego is 14 games over .500 for the last playoff spot.

If SD just plays .500 ball the rest of the way the Cardinals need to go 43-19 the rest of the way. In what reality is that possible?
The obvious play would be to try to catch Milwaukee who they are 8 games behind and play 10 more times. Milwaukee is playing .500 ball as of late.

Realistically you have to pick up a game a week on them and or dominate the match ups with them. Well for this team that's unrealistic as well.

And any trade is likely to **** the Cardinals, Mo got his Arenado deal, he wont hit another one out of the park.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:05 AM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by VAChief:
They should only consider trades that build for the future. Iím surprised that Wainoís name hasnít come up. Talk about the perfect rental for some team.

If Mo entertains trading any of our already thin list of near major prospects he should be fired on the spot. Trading Gorman, Liberatore, Walker, etc. would be worse than the boneheaded decision to extend Carpenter.

Let everyone get healthy, play out this season (decide what you want to do up the middle at SS and 2B) let the dead weight contracts go finallyÖCarpenter, Martinez, Miller and use the money to fill holes and add depth.

We ARE not one or two players away.
We get rid of that dead salary weight. Gorman and Liberatore arrive. We buy us a legit middle of the order bat. We can have a legit contending team next year. But, it ain't happening this year.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:09 AM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We get rid of that dead salary weight. Gorman and Liberatore arrive. We buy us a legit middle of the order bat. We can have a legit contending team next year. But, it ain't happening this year.
No-rotation has multiple holes. Offense is screwed unless DeJong isnít shit. Bullpen is a mess regardless.

This team isnít contending unless DeWitt wants to invest more.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:20 AM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
No-rotation has multiple holes. Offense is screwed unless DeJong isn’t shit. Bullpen is a mess regardless.

This team isn’t contending unless DeWitt wants to invest more.
The middle of the order bat needs to be a SS/2B. But, can be a corner OF too. Those don't grow on trees and are very expensive. Miller/Martinez/Fowler/Carpenter's wasted money is a ton of cash that can be used to buy that legit bat this off season.

We have the bones of a legit starting pitching staff

Flaherty
Liberatore
Reyes
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:13 AM 07-29-2021
Cardinals going to require masks for everyone who enters Bush stadium for a game.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:39 AM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Cardinals going to require masks for everyone who enters Bush stadium for a game.
Fake news
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:34 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Fake news
Came across my feed. Local TV station. No reputation as a fake news purveyor.
https://fox2now.com/sports/st-louis-...k-village/amp/

ST. LOUIS – The St. Louis Cardinals will now require fans to wear masks at Busch Stadium and while visiting indoor spaces at Ballpark Village.

The move comes after St. Louis City and County issued a mask mandate earlier this week.
[Reply]
Miles 02:05 PM 07-30-2021
Looks like the Cards traded for a very shitty old starter in JA Happ. He has an ERA just under 7 with around a -2 WAR on the year.

Gave up Gant and a minor league reliever in Evan Sisk.

Nice work Mo.
[Reply]
BDj23 02:11 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Miles:
Looks like the Cards traded for a very shitty old starter in JA Happ. He has an ERA just under 7 with around a -2 WAR on the year.

Gave up Gant and a minor league reliever in Evan Sisk.

Nice work Mo.
Print em
[Reply]
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Up