« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Chris Jones Thread****
Dante84 05:36 PM 04-29-2016
He's our guy: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

Coming to KC soon. #Salute pic.twitter.com/dFDRuUdDt3

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 30, 2016

Here's a bunch of his tape:

Spoiler!

.@PFF_Mike explains why the Chiefs just landed a highly-underrated DT in Chris Jones. https://t.co/b0G66chLl5 pic.twitter.com/iVQ0KXqY7s

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2016

My scouting report on #Chiefs DL Chris Jones, who I believe has elite potential in NFLhttps://t.co/Nc2mJFYJEn pic.twitter.com/pIlxuf67iz

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) April 29, 2016

[Reply]
BlackOp 10:03 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Not trying to be pessesmistic, he does look talented, but who is he going to take snaps from?
TC and pre-season will determine that.

He was blowing by people on the video I watched...I'd have to think Sutton has specific plans for him. He has more moves than Ford...for a DL, that's impressive.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:05 PM 04-29-2016
Please explain, I don't mean to offend in any way shape or form, I was just curious.

Maybe it's been explained earlier in the thread but I'm just coming in.
We have been desperate for someone to relieve Poe for quite some time. We also have just recently been able to a have rotation at DL to do just that with Bailey, Devito, and Howard.

Devito has retired, and he wasn't much of a pass rusher. By plugging Jones into that hole alongside Poe and Howard's ability to play 5-tech, we have 3 players with potential to play NT/DE at any given moment as well as Bailey.

Anyone that believes the front line is what wins the war, should be happy with this pick
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:06 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
Dane is locked in. No time for bullshit.
Hahahaha! Truth!
[Reply]
nceagle_11 10:15 PM 04-29-2016
Considering the lack of interior linebackers and the DL push....maybe we should go back to a 4-3
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:20 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Hahahaha! Truth!
:-)
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:24 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by NIUhuskies:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boo Verizon!

Sorry, it was the only thing I had and it's requirement to post negative comments in the new draftee's threads.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:30 PM 04-29-2016
I'd like to see this kid add another 15 lbs in his 2nd year to move up to around 325 lbs. He's so tall and long that he could stand to add that weight and not have any real loss of athleticism.

He's good to go from day one. He uses his huge hands, long arms and elite footwork extremely well.
He has solid strength but that will come.

Man this guy is going to be an awesome interior rusher in the nickel. He's going to be so hard to block, especially for weaker G's.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:35 PM 04-29-2016
Not trying to be pessesmistic, he does look talented, but who is he going to take snaps from?
Mike Devito.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 10:42 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
We have been desperate for someone to relieve Poe for quite some time. We also have just recently been able to a have rotation at DL to do just that with Bailey, Devito, and Howard.

Devito has retired, and he wasn't much of a pass rusher. By plugging Jones into that hole alongside Poe and Howard's ability to play 5-tech, we have 3 players with potential to play NT/DE at any given moment as well as Bailey.

Anyone that believes the front line is what wins the war, should be happy with this pick
Thanks, that clears it up for me. Again, I apologize to you draftniks out there, as I said earlier, I spaced on Devito...

Good, it sounds like a scary rotation of beasts now
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:37 PM 04-29-2016
he looks slow as fuck off the ball. Devito was pretty damn good.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:53 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
he looks slow as **** off the ball. Devito was pretty damn good.
What?...are you sure you were watching the same player I was?

Watch his 40 tape....I thought it was a LB. He makes Devito look like a sloth...and yes, he was a good player against the run.

I usually dont get excited about DL picks but this guy might be something....
[Reply]
mcaj22 12:10 AM 04-30-2016
so this dude is probably penciled in as a DL in the sub for his pass rush. Wonder who plays with him Poe or Bailey
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:17 AM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
so this dude is probably penciled in as a DL in the sub for his pass rush. Wonder who plays with him Poe or Bailey
They're going to use all 4 of them. That's the beauty of what we have here.

One drive we could go Poe/Bailey. The next could be Jones/Howard. The next Poe/Howard. Then Bailey/Jones.

And they will all remain completely fresh.

It could be special.
[Reply]
smith11 02:43 AM 04-30-2016
like the pick but wished they had a more experienced dline coach than brett reid to oversee his development
[Reply]
NIUhuskies 06:00 AM 04-30-2016
Originally Posted by smith11:
like the pick but wished they had a more experienced dline coach than brett reid to oversee his development

Tommy Brasher will still be on the staff just in a "special projects" role so at least he can help oversee everything
[Reply]
Page 18 of 59
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up