« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Chris Jones Thread****
Dante84 05:36 PM 04-29-2016
He's our guy: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

Coming to KC soon. #Salute pic.twitter.com/dFDRuUdDt3

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 30, 2016

Here's a bunch of his tape:

Spoiler!

.@PFF_Mike explains why the Chiefs just landed a highly-underrated DT in Chris Jones. https://t.co/b0G66chLl5 pic.twitter.com/iVQ0KXqY7s

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2016

My scouting report on #Chiefs DL Chris Jones, who I believe has elite potential in NFLhttps://t.co/Nc2mJFYJEn pic.twitter.com/pIlxuf67iz

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) April 29, 2016

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:28 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by jonzie04:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

"To some degree I believe a team can motivate a guy to bring effort on a more consistent basis, but it’s still a big red flag. What’s crazy, however, is even with a handful of poor plays he still graded out so dominantly. If he puts it all together, Jones’ ceiling is as high as anyone in this class, and the scary thing is he’s barely scratching the surface right now.

Where does that kind of potential fit in the NFL draft? I’m on record in the PFF offices saying I’d take him in the top five picks, but more realistically, with the risk he presents I’d say once he slips past pick No. 10 the value is too good to pass up. The pick No. 11-14 range of Chicago, New Orleans, Miami and Oakland is the sweet spot where every team could benefit from his services. Anywhere farther down than that and one very lucky team is getting the steal of the draft."
nope. Dorsey is a fuckup and we are forever screwed due to trading down. /CP literally yesterday.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:29 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I'm cool with this but not real thrilled because there might be subtext to this concerning Poe. If we are re-signing Dontari then this is awesome
The ball is in Poe's court. I don't mind it as much because Poe's back is a legitimate concern. Also, we have been screaming about allowing Poe a breather AND lost Devito, we've upgraded essentially two player by allowing Poe to limit his snaps and replacing Devito.
[Reply]
NIUhuskies 06:30 PM 04-29-2016
Chris Jones, on falling to second round: "I’m going to make damn sure, wherever I get drafted at, I’m going to leave my mark."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
NIUhuskies 06:31 PM 04-29-2016
MSU DT Chris Jones on Kansas City: "I've heard they've got great steak, great barbecue, so I'm ready to get there and eat some food."

[Reply]
Shaid 06:31 PM 04-29-2016
Reading through this thread makes me a bit happier about the pick. We still have another 2nd round pick to go so still a chance to get another nice pick there.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:31 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Blatantly ignoring the continuous positive reviews on the player we just picked because YOU wanted a CB makes you a troll now....
FYP
[Reply]
NIUhuskies 06:33 PM 04-29-2016
Wouldn't mind grabbing Braxton Miller next pick. Unreal athlete, he's a playmaker and we could use one

[Reply]
jonzie04 06:33 PM 04-29-2016

THIS is why I love the NFL Draft. Take it in, @cjonesmsu96! pic.twitter.com/pLru5ipds5

— Trevor Sikkema (@TrevorSikkema) April 29, 2016

[Reply]
Mr. Laz 06:34 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Jones isn't a replacement player. God you are a clueless fucking dumbass.
Sure it is cockbreath

Jones is a DE in our scheme
Howard is better at the nose

Howard slides over to Poe's NT spot
Jones takes over Howard's DE spot

Now ... that doesn't mean the Poe is gone for sure. Dee Ford was selected and we ended up keeping both Hali and Houston. But it's still an insurance policy and replacement player.

Year 1 - Fisher in the 1st, Albert gone the next year
Year 2 - Ford in the 1st, Hali old, Houston up for big contract the next year
Year 3 - Marcus Peters in the 1st, Sean Smith gone the next year
Year 4 - Chris Jones in the 1st, Poe up for big contract next year

Might as well get used to it, it's a viable maintenance method for consistency in the NFL.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:34 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by NIUhuskies:
MSU DT Chris Jones on Kansas City: "I've heard they've got great steak, great barbecue, so I'm ready to get there and eat some food."

Fuck he gonna eat his eay out of the nfl!

The pick is fine. I mean it isn't my high priority position and Dorsey sucks at figuring out proper value and took a lame deal to move down but the eventual result is fine.

Dorsey sucking at determining value is nothing new.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:34 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by jonzie04:

Can't wait to see his first sack in Arrowhead.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:34 PM 04-29-2016
He has played 5 tech, 3 tech, NT, and LB.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:35 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Fuck he gonna eat his eay out of the nfl!

The pick is fine. I mean it isn't my high priority position and Dorsey sucks at figuring out proper value and took a lame deal to move down but the eventual result is fine.

Dorsey sucking at determining value is nothing new.
I agree. I would've loved to see more return on investment, but it is what it is. At least the 4 is pretty high.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:35 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by RustShack:
He has played 5 tech, 3 tech, NT, and LB.
Versatility is the name of the game. NT to LB is pretty wild, though.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:36 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
The ball is in Poe's court. I don't mind it as much because Poe's back is a legitimate concern. Also, we have been screaming about allowing Poe a breather AND lost Devito, we've upgraded essentially two player by allowing Poe to limit his snaps and replacing Devito.
The medical issues I discussed during the season,so that also is factored in.I'm all for aggregating as many quality passrushers as possible and Devito is gone though the possibility that Poe is gone is a downer
[Reply]
Page 12 of 59
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up