ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Why is Andy deferring the coin flip or choosing to play our defense first?
BigRedChief 07:05 PM 10-24-2021
Andy refused to answer this question at the presser tonight. What do you always defer even if you win the coin flip?

Maybe it made sense when the offense was clicking and the defense was middle of the pack. But now…….

I don’t understand this with our defense. We get the ball. Go down and score. Momentum has began. If we somehow get a stop, then score again, that’s ball game.

Starting down 7-0 immediately takes away all the momentum. So why doesn’t Andy change?
[Reply]
-King- 07:08 PM 10-24-2021
Cause then you have a chance of scoring at the end of the half and then scoring again the first possession of the 2nd half. Could be a 14 point swing. Something we had an opportunity to do today.

Of all the things that Reid has done this season, this is the biggest non issue of non issues.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:09 PM 10-24-2021
He’s old school, and he would rather the opportunity to double dip (end of half/beginning of half) he will likely never change that.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 07:10 PM 10-24-2021
I always thought it was the Patriots that started that trend,but maybe not.Plus,they had a good defense,and stuff.
[Reply]
-King- 07:14 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
He’s old school, and he would rather the opportunity to double dip (end of half/beginning of half) he will likely never change that.
That's not old school. Teams chose to receive 99% of the time until the 2008 rule change.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:17 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Of all the things that Reid has done this season, this is the biggest non issue of non issues.
Momentum is a real thing. Andy talked about it in his pressser. If we just had a screen work, complete a 3rd down pass we could have turned this around. How about grabbing the momentum from the start. Putting the other team in a hole for a change. Put pressure on them to catch up.
[Reply]
-King- 07:20 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Momentum is a real thing. Andy talked about it in his pressser. If we just had a screen work, complete a 3rd down pass we could have turned this around. How about grabbing the momentum from the start. Putting the other team in a hole for a change. Put pressure on them to catch up.
Yeah because our defense will really stop teams if they get the ball 2nd instead of first :-).

No one is scared of our defense and frankly, our offense. They know they can score at will and that our offense will eventually turn the ball over. So no, I'd rather have the opportunity to double dip and get two straight scores than worry about momentum or anything like that.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:21 PM 10-24-2021
OFFS.

As if receiving the ball at the beginning of the game and kicking it away to start the 2nd half has had anything at all to do with why KC is sucking big dirty sweaty balls in 2021.

'Maybe if they took the arrowhead off the helmet we'd win more games!'

use your brain, not your bleeding vagina.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:22 PM 10-24-2021
Victory Monday would meam missing Monday cleaning Ladies BJs.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:24 PM 10-24-2021
The defense is so bad I get what you're saying. BRC thinking outside the box. Unfortunately opposing defenses have figured out how to slow down the greatest show on earth.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 07:24 PM 10-24-2021
Deferring is always best IMO.

You get a chance to possibly double dip, and even if you don't, its never bad to start the second half with the ball.

Youre either building on a lead youve built, or youre getting the ball first to start digging out of a hole.
[Reply]
eDave 07:25 PM 10-24-2021
We do better 2nd half. Taking the ball is a wasted series. I'm surprised at how often we seem to win the toss over the last couple of years.

I do agree, in hindsight, that deferring results in points against. Right now.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:26 PM 10-24-2021
Andy refused to answer this question at the presser tonight. What do you always defer even if you win the coin flip?

Maybe it made sense when the offense was clicking and the defense was middle of the pack. But now…….

I don’t understand this with our defense. We get the ball. Go down and score. Momentum has began. If we somehow get a stop, then score again, that’s ball game.

Starting down 7-0 immediately takes away all the momentum. So why doesn’t Andy change?
JFC dude
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:41 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
We do better 2nd half. Taking the ball is a wasted series. I'm surprised at how often we seem to win the toss over the last couple of years.

I do agree, in hindsight, that deferring results in points against. Right now.
I’m just saying we need to change up something. We are repeating the same mistakes. In general, yes, deferring is the smart move. But, not even considering it when we are playing like shit is not considering all options to get us out of this sinking hole. Why not give it a try? See if devoting first matters.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:11 PM 10-24-2021
I’m just saying we need to change up something. We are repeating the same mistakes. In general, yes, deferring is the smart move. But, not even considering it when we are playing like shit is not considering all options to get us out of this sinking hole. Why not give it a try? See if devoting first matters.

Or… how about no?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up