ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>KC and Reid are not following the "Dynasty" model...
petegz28 07:02 PM 10-24-2021
We are purely an offensive team. And offensive passing team at that. We depend on our QB to consistently make elite play after elite play to win. That works only so much. We got to two SBs, won one. But our model of team is not long lived as we are seeing this year.

Elite QB + strong defense is what wins consistently. We saw it with New England, Indy, Denver both with Elway and Manning, Tampa Bay has it right now. The Steelers and Big Ben go in there too.

Don't get me wrong, I love Reek and Kelce but Kelce is more important. Mahomes is an elite QB and can elevate the play of those around him.

This team has to move towards a strong defense. Run the ball more and let Pat drive the offense with Kelce.

Quit trying to win via shootout. That works some but more times that not it seems like it comes up short.

Elite QB + Good\Great defense is the formula.

Right now we are going the way of Seattle. Seattle has Wilson, Metcalf and Lockett but their D seems to have withered.
2 of the last 3 teams in the SB had elite defenses. The elite D with the elite QB won one. The elite QB and elite offense won the other showing the elite QB is a must.

But do you have to be a high flying, high scoring offense just because you have an elite QB?

Or can you still roll out an elite defense that consistently puts your elite QB in good positions and let him take advantage?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:14 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The day this team paid Chris Jones instead of trading him, they created a huge issue..
Agreed!!! Agreed 1000000%. I never wanted to re-sign him. Now we are stuck,
[Reply]
tk13 07:16 PM 10-24-2021
That's not really new info, that's why it's hard to sustain success. You have to draft well because your good players start getting paid. It's even harder when you trade your first pick away every other year.

And it's not really a secret that you usually need a good defense to win. Go look at the Packers. Rodgers had a top 5 defense and won a Super Bowl, and it's been mostly garbage since and he's never been back.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:17 PM 10-24-2021
Brady also had a strong OL. Belichick placed primary emphasis on defense and OL. Good strategy, obviously.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:17 PM 10-24-2021
You think Indy had strong defenses :-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:17 PM 10-24-2021
I don't see Mahomes elevating those around him. I see him having to force and try to do everything himself. He needs to start, privately, calling his teammates out when they are not doing what they can and need to do.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:17 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well until we run the ball more they don't need too. What was Hill's stat line today? And he damn near had another ball bounce off his hands.

Just saying I will take an elite TE over an elite WR. We saw that with NE year after year. They went through WR's but their elite TE's were $.
Case in point, the multiple rings of Tony Gonzalez.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:17 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
That's not really new info, that's why it's hard to sustain success. You have to draft well because your good players start getting paid. It's even harder when you trade your first pick away every other year.

And it's not really a secret that you usually need a good defense to win. Go look at the Packers. Rodgers had a top 5 defense and won a Super Bowl, and it's been mostly garbage since and he's never been back.
But he has those TV commercials!!!!!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:19 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You think Indy had strong defenses :-)
They were not a "dynasty". We have already been to as many SB as Manning did and won just as many as he did with the Colts.
[Reply]
thebrad84 07:19 PM 10-24-2021
This game has been and always will be about line play. Ideally you field a team that has top ten O-line and D-line play, but if that's not the case then you better at least have one that dominates. Like best in the league type domination. If you don't have either of those scenarios, then you will not win in this league. That is why this team is a complete dumpster fire so far this year..
[Reply]
petegz28 07:19 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Case in point, the multiple rings of Tony Gonzalez.
An elite TE on teams with shit defense.

Either way, WR v TE is kinda moot right now. Point is the formula is elite QB + elite defense. Not elite offense + 11 guys to go stand on the field.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:20 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Brady also had a strong OL. Belichick placed primary emphasis on defense and OL. Good strategy, obviously.
I agree. You have to be good at the line on both sides of the ball. I don't think our OL is that far away. Our DL however.....
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:42 PM 10-24-2021
If we had an inkling of a pass rush we would be fine on defense. And we probably wouldn’t be having this discussion
[Reply]
Bump 07:47 PM 10-24-2021
it's a disappointing season. Maybe we get a mid round pick and pick up some people who are good and do better next season. The offense just doesn't have that same magic this year.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 07:48 PM 10-24-2021
Dynasties are rare in the last 30 years.

Patriots had several. Cowboys had one. That's it.

Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Young, Favre, Wilson, Warner. None of these QBs were dynasty winners. We act like Mahomes being in a dynasty was supposed to happen. It isn't. They had a chance to repeat last year and blew it. We know now they were never winning three in a row in 2021.

Too much parity in the league. We can be a perennial playoff team though.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 07:53 PM 10-24-2021
nobody wants to admit this but the $500mil contract for Mahomes is going to sting….Brady is the GOAT and he never took the huge payday because he knew the importance of spreading the money around….and Mahomes big $$$ years haven’t even kicked in yet.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up