ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Some Things About Today’s Game Week 7 Guest Edition: KC 3 Flaming Thumbtacks 27
KCUnited 04:08 PM 10-24-2021
A few weeks ago gblowfish tapped me on the shoulder about a guest writing spot for Some Things and I cheerfully accepted as its a great honor, and 100% the most football I will have ever talked in my 14 years here at CP.

The Silver Lining I Guess:

Nick from House Bolton, 15 tackles, 9 solo, 4 TFL. Guy played the Kingslayer role as a rookie and was a bright spot on either side of the ball.

Willie Gay, had an athletic INT for the elusive turnover unicorn generated by the defense.

Byron Pringle, 5 catches for 73, with one being heavily contested in which he absorbed a big hit while holding onto the ball. The longest pass play from scrimmage for the Chiefs.

We shut them out in the 2nd half :-)

The Bad:

All week league circles were trying to place Derrick Lamar Henry Jr next to XFactor in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and our defense for the most part limited him. Unfortunately, Tennessee beat our ass in every other facet of the game.

Last week the defense was successful by putting their secondary in man and overwhelming the LOS to generate pressure. They seemed to try that today and unfortunately we didn't disrupt Tannehill enough with pressure and our CBs gave up enough plays to be insurmountable by our offense.

Orlando Brown, Octomom's diaphragm put up a stronger defense than he did against the speed rush today. An issue that's been observed since training camp.

Trey Smith, it pains me to say but we may need to hold off on the gold jacket for at least one more week.

Chris Jones, best he's looked this season was doing a downward dog alongside Kay Adams. Guy was lined up inside and out today and got minimal pressure.

Frank Clark, looked super authentic dressed as Breeland Speaks for Halloween.

Mike Hughes, looked like Gary Coleman trying to cover Willis. AJ Brown went 8 for 133 with 1TD.

Turnovers. Everyone keeps saying as long as we don't turn the ball over, we'll win. Unfortunately, turnovers seem contagious as they continue each week leading to opposition points.

Andy turning back into a decision making pumpkin. Questionable to kick the first FG like its 2016 again, then the aids hanger abortion that was the burnt TO, missed 57 yard FG at the end of the 3rd quarter down 27-3.

Penalties. 9-77 with a couple at key moments leading to 1st downs.

Filming Alec Baldwin At the Gun Range Moment:

Mahomes took a brutal hit where his egg appeared to slide off the toast. He reemerged from the tent looking fairly coherent, unfortunately the Chiefs were getting fisted bad enough CBS cut to another blowout in Baltimore. So at the time of this writing, I've yet to hear or read any further updates as Henne finished the game.

Moving Forward:

Coming into the game KC had a 72% chance of making the playoffs. A win moved it to 80% and a loss dropped them to 61%. With their remaining schedule compared with other AFC contenders, Pete may be onto something.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:12 PM 10-24-2021
lol not sure how this got posted here

my bad
[Reply]
Pointer19 04:13 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
You just knew this was going to be a rough thread.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:15 PM 10-24-2021
Lets go Brandon?
[Reply]
Pointer19 04:17 PM 10-24-2021
Lets go Brandon?
Let us indeed. Pretty piss poor weather for the nth day in a row out here in the PNW to go along with that turd of a game. Work has been trying and school has been boring.

/rant

After the first drive of the second half, I thought "we should put in the backups or just forfeit to avoid somebody getting hurt."
[Reply]
TLO 04:26 PM 10-24-2021
WTF :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 04:29 PM 10-24-2021
Mods, move this football shit to the Lounge
[Reply]
digger 04:33 PM 10-24-2021
Keep football out of DC?
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:40 PM 10-24-2021
So weird that my iPhone bookmark for CP now goes to DC and my Chaturbate bookmark goes to one specific chick I looked at once.

Software update maybe?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:53 PM 10-24-2021
It's all one big right-wing Chiefs conspiracy theory
[Reply]
digger 06:12 PM 10-24-2021
So weird that my iPhone bookmark for CP now goes to DC and my Chaturbate bookmark goes to one specific chick I looked at once.

Software update maybe?

Always blame hackers... (it's what the dems do...)
[Reply]
Spott 06:19 PM 10-24-2021
That game sucked giant ass in either forum.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:21 PM 10-24-2021

my bad
hax
[Reply]
phisherman 08:14 PM 10-24-2021
Pete may be onto something.
Holy shit, man.....like cats and dogs living together....
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:27 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
It's all one big right-wing Chiefs conspiracy theory
Fake news!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up