ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>They've got the Yips
Vegas_Dave 03:52 PM 10-24-2021
Time to call in Sharon Fieldstone. (Ted Lasso reference for those that don't get it)

https://youtu.be/X8L0HDmJ5ps
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:31 PM 10-24-2021
At least part of what's happening to Mahomes is the reason Smith sucked at times. Smith would come out firing, then throw one errant pass and completely turtle up - refusing to throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield the rest of the game - except for that one token fly route on the first series of the second half that was supposed to somehow "open up the defense".

Mahomes plays a gambling style of offense, which at some level is optimal. Smiff is an example of a QB who becomes scared of his own shadow and plays suboptimal trying to avoid mistakes. Mahomes has played bad and been really unlucky this year. So the gambling style looks like a complete disaster right now.

When the gambling style goes bad it goes really bad, which in turn is going to leave the QB a bit shell-shocked. But the key is not to turn into Alex Smith. It's like some tight poker player who worries too much about getting stacked and leaves $EV on the table. He's letting the emotional pain of getting stacked enter into the equation.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:42 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by FAX:
Mahomes has been overcoached.

That's my take and nobody's takin' it from me.

Bring back backyard ball, is what I say.

FAX
I agree with this...I've thought it for a while.

Mahomes is more Favre than Brady....just roll with a hurry up and let him play his aggressive, instinctual backyard game.

Running the ball on first down is nice and all...but this team was built to attack. This isnt a ball-control team...it's why it isn't working. The energy/flow is all wrong.

They need to speed up the tempo and keep defenses off-balance....they used to score in like 4 plays.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:43 PM 10-24-2021

Watch 95. What the hell is this? pic.twitter.com/quQ0tipQNp

— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) October 24, 2021

This is more than yips.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:34 PM 10-24-2021
Bring in Sharon, Ted, Beard and Roy fucking Kent to coach this team. He's here he's there he's everyfuckingwhere Roy Kent! Thanks for brightening my day Vegas Dave!
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 01:03 AM 10-25-2021
Media and hype are definitely messing with him. I hope he goes late Rodgers soon and just stops giving a ****. Say what's on your mind boy and don't be afraid to offend anybody.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 01:32 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
He’s looked a lot like Alex Smiff last few games of throwing them in the dirt.
Maybe PM is doing this as a tribute to Alex Smith? :-)
[Reply]
Steron 02:58 AM 10-25-2021
My theory is that the loss in the Super Bowl last year broke him. Killed the ‘Mahomes’ magic. Hell, I think it broke the entire team. GM down. Couple that with having to cover for the worst defense the NFL has ever seen and you have a recipe for what we are seeing.

The team is soft. Not fundamentally sound. We can’t run the ball. Or at least threaten to. The receivers can’t catch. Nobody on the defense has the stones to hit except for Sorenson and he’s too slow to catch anyone.

As an aside, why is it when we bring in good football players via trades or free agency, they suddenly suck balls? That has to be coaching, right?

Either that, or he’s hurt and they aren’t saying anything.
[Reply]
Flying High D 04:43 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

This is more than yips.
That is a proud graduate of the Marcus Olé Peters School of bidness decision tackling.

I know more what Brittany, Sterling and Patrick do every fucking day than I do my own family and coworkers. Can they lay the fuck off social media for a damn second? I get it your rich and you get to do more than the peasants. It was a hell of a lot more tolerable when you were winning.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:35 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
I know more what Brittany, Sterling and Patrick do every fucking day than I do my own family and coworkers. Can they lay the fuck off social media for a damn second?
Maybe YOU should lay off the social media after this statement. You know how stupid this sounds?
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:22 AM 10-25-2021
If you're an influencer (or trying to be) you basically have to post shit every day or the algorithm drops you. Yet another way social media sucks ass.
[Reply]
arrwheader 10:32 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Steron:
As an aside, why is it when we bring in good football players via trades or free agency, they suddenly suck balls? That has to be coaching, right?
I think our defensive coaching for sure is the cause of some of this. Its obvious when you move your star DT out of position because they are dumb fucks. Also play sorenson while he gets roasted and loses huge games against AFC teams for playoff positioning. Shit like that makes people question the staff.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:34 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Maybe YOU should lay off the social media after this statement. You know how stupid this sounds?

Jackson's shit is getting so fucked his material is seeping into Patrick & Chiefs news 9n YouTube.

That motherfucker has become a liability
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:36 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Jackson's shit is getting so ****ed his material is seeping into Patrick & Chiefs news 9n YouTube.

That mother****er has become a liability
Fredo Death GIFfrom Fredo GIFs

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up