ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>They've got the Yips
Vegas_Dave 03:52 PM 10-24-2021
Time to call in Sharon Fieldstone. (Ted Lasso reference for those that don't get it)

https://youtu.be/X8L0HDmJ5ps
[Reply]
TLO 03:54 PM 10-24-2021
What
[Reply]
Vegas_Dave 03:55 PM 10-24-2021
https://youtu.be/X8L0HDmJ5ps
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:56 PM 10-24-2021
The defense has AIDS.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:07 PM 10-24-2021
i hate trying to guess what's really wrong... from as asinine as Mahomes should stop doing commercials!! to the Britt Reid thing to the league has figured them out to the other end of the spectrum of saying they've just been reeeeealy unlucky, and everything in between....... who the fuck knows.

My one theory with my own two eyes and a few brain cells working overtime is Mahomes is seriously frustrated and potentially being neutered to be a pocket passer.... I've seen a ton of throws this season at the feet of receivers and out of bounds when he's not in dire need to get rid of the ball, that I just don't remember before. Especially against the Bills and today. He's also had a lot of unlucky shit when it comes to balls of the hands of receivers and what not.

I dunno... I know he's still putting up the stats, but at the same time and just in these last two games against division leaders, what in the fuck? Maybe it'll come out that he's hurt or whatever, or maybe my mind is desperately making up shit to make sense of it all. :-)
[Reply]
wheeler08 04:16 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

My one theory with my own two eyes and a few brain cells working overtime is Mahomes is seriously frustrated and potentially being neutered to be a pocket passer.... I've seen a ton of throws this season at the feet of receivers and out of bounds when he's not in dire need to get rid of the ball, that I just don't remember before. Especially against the Bills and today. He's also had a lot of unlucky shit when it comes to balls of the hands of receivers and what not.

He’s looked a lot like Alex Smiff last few games of throwing them in the dirt.
[Reply]
Molitoth 04:20 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
He’s looked a lot like Alex Smiff last few games of throwing them in the dirt.
The fanbase and America turning on him is in his head.

He wants to throw his traditional risky passes but he's scared of the INT.

He can't throw over the top anymore and the defense can't stop anyone in the first half so he's pressing.
[Reply]
FAX 04:22 PM 10-24-2021
Mahomes has been overcoached.

That's my take and nobody's takin' it from me.

Bring back backyard ball, is what I say.

FAX
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 05:12 PM 10-24-2021
My take is the early INTs may have Mahomes in downfield Yip mode. Been double pumping a lot and checking down into the dirt a lot more than we’ve ever seen him. Have a real hard time believing that double teams are that effective against Reek and Kelce.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:14 PM 10-24-2021
i hate trying to guess what's really wrong... from as asinine as Mahomes should stop doing commercials!! to the Britt Reid thing to the league has figured them out to the other end of the spectrum of saying they've just been reeeeealy unlucky, and everything in between....... who the **** knows.

I dunno... I know he's still putting up the stats, but at the same time and just in these last two games against division leaders, what in the ****? Maybe it'll come out that he's hurt or whatever, or maybe my mind is desperately making up shit to make sense of it all. :-)
He’s feeling the weight of having to carry a pretty shitty team around him. When there’s virtually no margin for error on each drive due to your franchise worst defense, there’s a lot more pressure and a lot more risk taken as a result. Risks lead to mistakes. Also doesn’t help that the offensive line has been pretty terrible since Fisher’s injury.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:26 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He’s feeling the weight of having to carry a pretty shitty team around him. When there’s virtually no margin for error on each drive due to your franchise worst defense, there’s a lot more pressure and a lot more risk taken as a result. Risks lead to mistakes. Also doesn’t help that the offensive line has been pretty terrible since Fisher’s injury.
Is that really much different than 2018 or even the 2nd half of last season? Or maybe just catching up to the team for various reasons? I wouldn't say he's taking a lot of risk this season, besides a few of the boneheaded interceptions... I'd expect more "fuck it, Tyreek is down there" throws, and that's actually part of the problem, IMO, that it's not happening. His picks have been off the hands of receivers and he's taking more sacks, not riskier improvisation that he's always done.

And the guy played at Texas Tech, he's been dealing with shit defenses for years.... he once lost to Baker Mayfield 63-59 or some shit.

Not saying you're completely wrong, and could definitely see a cumulative effect as you lose a couple games due to turnovers and start forcing it a bit more... plus some of the flukier shit that's happened must be incredibly frustrating.

Just find the whole thing strange... he's been fucking Superman for these past few years, willing his way to victory by all means necessary, including running around for half a mile in the SB. "The Yips" might be the best way to describe it, whatever that means in terms of pressure, frustration, etc.
[Reply]
Coach 06:29 PM 10-24-2021
Is that really much different than 2018 or even the 2nd half of last season? Or maybe just catching up to the team for various reasons? I wouldn't say he's taking a lot of risk this season, besides a few of the boneheaded interceptions... I'd expect more "fuck it, Tyreek is down there" throws, and that's actually part of the problem, IMO, that it's not happening. His picks have been off the hands of receivers and he's taking more sacks, not riskier improvisation that he's always done.

And the guy played at Texas Tech, he's been dealing with shit defenses for years.... he once lost to Baker Mayfield 63-59 or some shit.

Not saying you're completely wrong, and could definitely see a cumulative effect as you lose a couple games due to turnovers and start forcing it a bit more... plus some of the flukier shit that's happened must be incredibly frustrating.

Just find the whole thing strange... he's been fucking Superman for these past few years, willing his way to victory by all means necessary, including running around for half a mile in the SB. "The Yips" might be the best way to describe it, whatever that means in terms of pressure, frustration, etc.

[Reply]
crispystl 06:53 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by FAX:
Mahomes has been overcoached.

That's my take and nobody's takin' it from me.

Bring back backyard ball, is what I say.

FAX
I think it's a combination of that and he hasn't trusted his blindside since Fish got hurt.
[Reply]
crispystl 06:54 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
My take is the early INTs may have Mahomes in downfield Yip mode. Been double pumping a lot and checking down into the dirt a lot more than we’ve ever seen him. Have a real hard time believing that double teams are that effective against Reek and Kelce.
What do people that have been at the games say? Are they getting open and Mahomes is missing reads/throws?
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:55 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Aaron Rodgers has been in the same position, as have many other HoF all time great QB's.

Not every QB is going to have the career of Tom shithead Brady.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up