ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Is the magic gone with this co as coaching staff?
Yes, it's dead 55 61.11%
No, just need to rebuild a little. Coaches are still good. 35 38.89%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Are we still a well coached team or is the magic gone?
Red Dawg 01:00 PM 10-24-2021
Seems like it's gone as well as the players. We have let too many players go that were not big money jit played hard and well just to give big money out and get screwed over by it.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:22 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He literally says the sane shit, why are our reporters so soft?
They don't work in New York, Boston, or Philadelphia.

Or they're still scarred by the Hal McRae incident.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 03:26 PM 10-24-2021
Good with Andy. But he needs to shed dead wood. Snags is suck. EB is a nice guy but the offense is shit and he has all the tools. We got lucky and won the SB. Now we need to be good and we are not
[Reply]
Mulliganman 03:29 PM 10-24-2021
Reid will never fire Spags….
[Reply]
493rd 03:38 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Mulliganman:
Reid will never fire Spags….
Nope. Andy is too loyal to his assistants, always has been. Reid once promoted his offensive line coach to defensive coordinator. Who the fuck does that?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:47 PM 10-24-2021
This sounds reassuring, not…

Asked him to elaborate. He said: "It’s with the guys. Just different guys, guys that I've seen perform and not do certain things that we’re right there to do the right thing and make something happen and it’s bouncing the other way. We gotta fix it."

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) October 24, 2021

[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:29 PM 10-24-2021
The only magic this team ever had is in the arm and brains of Mahomes. If the coaching staff was elite, why didn't they every get to the SuperBowl before him? That the team looks this bad and none of the core players that were making things happen even appear to be close to their prior selves.

Part of me thinks the fire is gone, it's easy to stay motivated when you have a goal to achieve. Well, after winning the SuperBowl, what is there left for these guys?

Paying the price for buying players that other teams have deemed expendable. Now the Chiefs are stuck with some unfavorable contracts, underperforming players and very limited options for replacements.

We appear to have become the Russell Wilson Seahawks, the Aaron Rodgers Packers and the Marino Miami Dolphins. It's going to be a tough climb back to the top as there are a lot of young teams full of top draft picks that are hungry to achieve what the Chiefs have.
[Reply]
eDave 05:33 PM 10-24-2021
My thought was Mahomes needs a Grabel.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 05:34 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
The only magic this team ever had is in the arm and brains of Mahomes. If the coaching staff was elite, why didn't they every get to the SuperBowl before him? That the team looks this bad and none of the core players that were making things happen even appear to be close to their prior selves.

Part of me thinks the fire is gone, it's easy to stay motivated when you have a goal to achieve. Well, after winning the SuperBowl, what is there left for these guys?

Paying the price for buying players that other teams have deemed expendable. Now the Chiefs are stuck with some unfavorable contracts, underperforming players and very limited options for replacements.

We appear to have become the Russell Wilson Seahawks, the Aaron Rodgers Packers and the Marino Miami Dolphins. It's going to be a tough climb back to the top as there are a lot of young teams full of top draft picks that are hungry to achieve what the Chiefs have.
Or the Peyton Manning Colts. Or the Drew Brees Saints. Or the Brett Favre Packers.

People need to understand that dynasties are rare in the NFL. You're not really supposed to win multiple SB's...............unless you're sucking Satan's dick like Tom Brady is.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:34 PM 10-24-2021
Need more options in the poll.

If they play like this for the rest of the season. You have to question if Andy will retire. If the players arn’t listening to you, it’s time to move on.

Marty was still a respectable NFL coach but the gleem was gone. The players were not listening to Marty anymore.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:20 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Need more options in the poll.

If they play like this for the rest of the season. You have to question if Andy will retire. If the players arn’t listening to you, it’s time to move on.

Marty was still a respectable NFL coach but the gleem was gone. The players were not listening to Marty anymore.
I think it's very possible the Andy will retire. Especially if people are right when they keep bringing up his son car wreck, messing with Andy's mind all season. If Andy really has checked out this season because of Britt Reid's problems, then he might retire.

I also think that if Andy retires, he will publicly support Eric Bienemy as the new KC Head Coach. Which, in my opinion, will handcuff the Chief. It will put the Chiefs in a bad position. I doubt they want to promote Bienemy, but they will look bad if they don't.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:22 PM 10-24-2021
This is the last year Reid was in Philly all over again. Somehow he's lost the team in the sea of egos he's let grow untouched for years. This season isn't turning around and I'd assume our Entire franchise is right back where it was in the early 2010s. Time for top to bottom rebuild number what, now?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:00 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
This is the last year Reid was in Philly all over again. Somehow he's lost the team in the sea of egos he's let grow untouched for years. This season isn't turning around and I'd assume our Entire franchise is right back where it was in the early 2010s. Time for top to bottom rebuild number what, now?
You don't have to tear it down to the studs with a top tier QB. That said, I do think Reid's penchant for being a player's coach had led to a complacent and undisciplined team.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:20 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You don't have to tear it down to the studs with a top tier QB. That said, I do think Reid's penchant for being a player's coach had led to a complacent and undisciplined team.
And once it gets to that point it’s over…you suddenly just can’t reel it back in and change your demeanor and who you are.

I don’t see how anyone watching this team doesn’t believe the message has become at the very least, a bit stale.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 07:23 PM 10-24-2021
Some of the coaches are doing a good job, most of them aren’t.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:25 PM 10-24-2021
Did we ever make it through Andy's first 20 scripted plays today?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up