ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I know what is wrong with the Chiefs O
Phoneix 12:37 PM 10-24-2021
It’s the running game. No one fears it and they don’t respect it. They throw all of their effort into stopping the pass and dare us to run. We can’t even get a screen game going to put fear into a defense.

Damian Williams and Kareem Hunt before him were great backs that could run for a large clip of yards AND catch it out of the backfield for a big gain. No back in this roster can do that.

We need to Trade for Mack.
[Reply]
Ken Bone 02:28 PM 10-24-2021
What’s wrong with the O line is Ozzie Newsome put a yard and a half of D in Burt Vatch when he sold him on that waste of space Orlando Brown. And I won’t even get started on Trey Smith.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:34 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Our problem is our team is built to play with a lead and we haven't this year due mostly to turnovers. Take the turnovers away and we are 5-2 or 6-1.
It's really as simple as that. The strength of this team, the offense, is letting the whole team down. A lot of that is on Patrick. Maybe he's pressing, maybe he's distracted, I dunno. But in spite of his awesome numbers this year, he's a big reason we are losing. I hate like HELL to say that, but it's true. He has looked like dog shit against the Bills and the Titans, and been pretty awful against the other teams we lost to. At least we were in those games. The Bills and Titans...those were ever loving bed shittings.

That said, I'm convinced he, and the rest of the offense, will ultimately be fine. But this season ain't gonna be another return to the SB. It happens.

We still have more going for us than against us. It's just not our year.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:38 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
No #2 wr to pull coverage from Hill and Kelce

Also lacking a dangerous running game
There is SOME truth in that but not as much as people are insinuating. Watkins was our #2 and he was not in a lot of the games that our offense was still very successful. There is something else.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefGator 02:40 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
The problem with this offense is Andy Reid, we need to stop running these long drawn out routes and move to quick hitting short routes.
This rings pretty true.. that may not be THE problem, but that sure as hell would be part of the solution. Seems like I haven't see a quick slant in forever.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:46 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Armyofme:
Our offensive tackles.

We can't run because of our offensive tackles.

Mahomes has zero time to survey the field because of our offensive tackles.

Pretty simple in my opinion.
We have an OL, outside of Thuney, that is fine for run blocking and poor at pass protection. It is the opposite of what we need. I know the argument was you get a run game and it opens up everything else, but it's not worked. Partly because CEH has also been a rank disappointment.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 02:57 PM 10-24-2021
It's lack of options in the passing game.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:57 PM 10-24-2021
Our offense has become stagnant. We rarely see the presnap motions, the screen games, seems Andy is distracted and not teaching the team anymore.
[Reply]
Phoneix 03:06 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
No defense is going to respect an RB if the team they are playing against runs them consistently and tries to run the ball and set up screens. We don't try to do those things therefore NO RB could have that thought.
*facepalm* That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying they must respect the 7, 10, 15, 20 yard capabilities of a RB like we saw from the Titans today. They could rip off 10+ yard runs. Forced us to stay honest and keep
People in the box to stop the run.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 03:07 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
It's lack of options in the passing game.
Let's kill that narrative. We have the supposed baby GOAT. I think you guys want probowlers all down the roster. These coaches need to put our players in a better position to succeed and we need 11 players with their head in the game on every snap.
[Reply]
Best22 03:08 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Ken Bone:
What’s wrong with the O line is Ozzie Newsome put a yard and a half of D in Burt Vatch when he sold him on that waste of space Orlando Brown. And I won’t even get started on Trey Smith.
Trey Smith is a 6th round rookie who has been very good this year except for today
[Reply]
nealrm 03:46 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
It’s the running game. No one fears it and they don’t respect it. They throw all of their effort into stopping the pass and dare us to run. We can’t even get a screen game going to put fear into a defense.

Damian Williams and Kareem Hunt before him were great backs that could run for a large clip of yards AND catch it out of the backfield for a big gain. No back in this roster can do that.

The Chiefs are currently ranked 14 of 32 in yards per game. Not great, not poor either.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:54 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:

We used to rely so much on pick plays, and they call the shit out of those now . Teams also have figured out you need to keep Mahomes in the pocket because hes least effective there. Mahomes is one of the worst in the NFL at pocket presence.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:58 PM 10-24-2021
Veach is partially to blame for the offense. His bad picks have hurt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KCJake 04:11 PM 10-24-2021
Every time I see another one of these what’s wrong with the chiefs threads that don’t even bother to mention the offense line I just scratch my head. Watch any other football game and pay attention to how much time the quarterback has to throw the ball. The chiefs o line is dogshit. Mahomes has no time to throw the ball. And a small percentage of the time when he does have time, he can’t believe it and gets this happy feet thing going on. Our defense sucks but our offense is so good when can over come it. IF MAHOMES HAS TIME IN THE POCKET
[Reply]
KCJake 04:13 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Ken Bone:
First person to mention it. THANK YOU!!!! Brown looks like a 7th round pick out there
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up