ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I know what is wrong with the Chiefs O
Phoneix 12:37 PM 10-24-2021
It’s the running game. No one fears it and they don’t respect it. They throw all of their effort into stopping the pass and dare us to run. We can’t even get a screen game going to put fear into a defense.

Damian Williams and Kareem Hunt before him were great backs that could run for a large clip of yards AND catch it out of the backfield for a big gain. No back in this roster can do that.

We need to Trade for Mack.
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:49 PM 10-24-2021
OBJr having a rough day
[Reply]
Phoneix 02:01 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
I don't remember Damien Williams putting up big numbers here. He was terrific at scoring TDs in the playoffs. He wasn't putting up 100 yards every game though. Mahomes had a good RB for only a few games before Hunt was released. That's it.
2019 Damian
111 rushes for 500 yards 5 TDS 4.5 Avg
30 receptions for 215 yards 2 TDS 7.1 Avg
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:07 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Kevin Mack? Be specific.
He meant Bernie Mac. Duh.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:09 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
It’s the running game. No one fears it and they don’t respect it. They throw all of their effort into stopping the pass and dare us to run. We can’t even get a screen game going to put fear into a defense.

Damian Williams and Kareem Hunt before him were great backs that could run for a large clip of yards AND catch it out of the backfield for a big gain. No back in this roster can do that.

We need to Trade for Mack.
I've been saying this from day f*cking one. Teams are totally selling out against the pass knowing our run game is utterly pathetic and can't get chunk yards. The whole RB room simply isn't good enough and it's putting a ton of pressure on Pat and co. I'd get rid of Mckinnon and bring in Mack & Gurley/Guice if possible...the room needs a shake up in a major way.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:11 PM 10-24-2021
Late first round picks carry a lot of value in the draft because you get the fifth year option along with manageable salaries for the first four years. Veach has burned his three first rounders on a pig shit DE who he then had to pay, a replacement level RB, and a road grader RT (who came from the most run-heavy team in recent league history) who he plugged in at LT in a pass-first offense.

Burn three cost-controlled early picks in a row and it's going to cause significant issues with roster depth.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:11 PM 10-24-2021
Been saying this for awhile. Lots of holes to fix in the off season but we have to get a stud RB
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:13 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
There is that as well. But I feel like they don’t think DWill or CEH for that matter has what it takes to run the team in each down. Or at least catch a screen pass. I haven’t seen one of those in forever.
No defense is going to respect an RB if the team they are playing against runs them consistently and tries to run the ball and set up screens. We don't try to do those things therefore NO RB could have that thought.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:14 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Been saying this for awhile. Lots of holes to fix in the off season but we have to get a stud RB
Why? This offense is not going to use one.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:15 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Late first round picks carry a lot of value in the draft because you get the fifth year option along with manageable salaries for the first four years. Veach has burned his three first rounders on a pig shit DE who he then had to pay, a replacement level RB, and a road grader RT (who came from the most run-heavy team in recent league history) who he plugged in at LT in a pass-first offense.

Burn three cost-controlled early picks in a row and it's going to cause significant issues with roster depth.
The draft they traded to get Frank Clark was ass. He had a pivotal role in the SB win. Too bad he's sucked dick otherwise.

Tackle class this year blew for how late they were picking. Although they should have signed the tackle that went to Cincinnati.....who are now 5-2.

CEH looks terrible right now. No way to slice it.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:16 PM 10-24-2021
The Faketriots offense was ranked near the bottom of the NFL in rushing offense for many years with Brady.

One of the main problems with the Chiefs offense is their inability to execute the intermediate passing game.

That’s the solution against pressure and against the two deep safety defenses… quick short passes on crossing routes and similar intermediate passing plays.

The execution of that has been bad or inconsistent.
[Reply]
Armyofme 02:17 PM 10-24-2021
Our offensive tackles.

We can't run because of our offensive tackles.

Mahomes has zero time to survey the field because of our offensive tackles.

Pretty simple in my opinion.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:18 PM 10-24-2021
The problem with this offense is Andy Reid, we need to stop running these long drawn out routes and move to quick hitting short routes.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:20 PM 10-24-2021
No #2 wr to pull coverage from Hill and Kelce

Also lacking a dangerous running game
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:26 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Why? This offense is not going to use one.
I just think about our 2018 offense with Hunt and how unstoppable it was for the most part.

I agree with most of the posts in this thread as there is multiple issues including most importantly our tackle situation
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:26 PM 10-24-2021
Our problem is our team is built to play with a lead and we haven't this year due mostly to turnovers. Take the turnovers away and we are 5-2 or 6-1.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up