ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Wtf no Squid Game thread?
dlphg9 11:55 PM 10-18-2021
So started watching this dubbed in English and made it 1.5 episodes. The voice overs are atrocious and the way that it was translated just makes it sound even worse. I legit thought that people had just gone completely nuts for liking this shit show.

Then I changed it to Korean with English subs. Soooo much better. The voice acting by the English was just completely over the top and none of the voices matched the characters. Will be finishing this tomorrow I'd say.

I just can't believe we don't have a thread for this. It's probably going to Netflixs biggest show/movie ever.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:16 AM 10-19-2021
I don't even know what you are talking about
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:23 AM 10-19-2021
Watched it… it was meh.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:25 AM 10-19-2021
Yeah, unless it is animated, I'd never watch foreign language movies/tv shows dubbed.

Squid Game is entertaining enough. Fun concept and it at least got you rooting for several of those characters. I did feel it was overly long and didn't need to be 9 episodes, but it was pretty effective for what it was. If you like it, you'll probably like the Japanese movie Battle Royale that came out about two decades ago which seems to have very much inspired Squid Game.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:28 AM 10-19-2021
Amazing that a series with subtitles has gotten this popular. I might try to watch an episode but I could barely get thru the trailer without the dubbed english not matching their lips
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:41 AM 10-19-2021
For the love of God don't watch the dubbed version.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:17 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Amazing that a series with subtitles has gotten this popular. I might try to watch an episode but I could barely get thru the trailer without the dubbed english not matching their lips
Do not watch the dubbed version. You will literally fucking hate your life. I've watched Lupin on Netflix and the dubbed English was pretty noticeable, but wasn't a deal breaker for me because it wasn't over the top. Squid Game however was dubbed terribly and I think they got random people off of the street to say lines. It's fucking ridiculous that Netflix would put that quality of shit on it's platform.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 12:24 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Do not watch the dubbed version. You will literally ****ing hate your life. I've watched Lupin on Netflix and the dubbed English was pretty noticeable, but wasn't a deal breaker for me because it wasn't over the top. Squid Game however was dubbed terribly and I think they got random people off of the street to say lines. It's ****ing ridiculous that Netflix would put that quality of shit on it's platform.
The voices for the crazy lady and the old man are pretty brutal
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:45 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
For the love of God don't watch the dubbed version.
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
The voices for the crazy lady and the old man are pretty brutal
They obviously had no clue it was going to be this big, kind of like Tiger King or they would have spent more money on better actors, dubbing etc.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:00 PM 10-20-2021
KOREANS TAKING OVAH:

[Reply]
Scorp 03:35 PM 10-21-2021
Worst thing I ever watched, could only get through two episodes. Humans are Sheep! Stupid Sheep at that!
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:42 PM 10-21-2021
Guess Im late to the party.

I have no idea what this is.
[Reply]
notorious 03:44 PM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:

[Reply]
Stryker 08:50 PM 10-21-2021
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Stryker 08:54 PM 10-21-2021
How in the FUCKING HELL can you possibly care about dubbing? Who gives a shit? You still get the story. I give it a 8 out of 10. Liked it very much!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up