ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Gaming Rig Starter Build For Sale
Fish 10:56 PM 10-18-2021
If anyone around Northland/KC is looking for a good all-in-one gaming rig, my best friend has one for sale at good price. We went to engineering school together, I can vet his computer expertise. Built by him for his father in law as a flight control rig, but that didn't work out and they'd like to sell it. Wasn't used much at all. Prices listed per pcpartpicker several weeks ago, but he said he could work with the price if anyone is interested. Let me know, I can put you in touch. Good deal, just wanted to mention considering how hard it is to find a decent build at the moment. Nothing fancy as far as lights or glass panels, but quality parts and build and includes nice curved monitor. I just did a quick check, and that included graphics card is actually currently selling for about double that price. He's as big of a nerd as I am, and could ask any technical question you might have. Let me know if anyone is interested. Just wanted a local to have a chance, because this is a quality PC for the price.

Component - Item - PricePurchase Total: $1,284.12
[Reply]
Fish 09:49 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
LOL, I've seen brand new computers with that vidcard for $600-700. Perhaps less ram and storage, but no one is going to pay the up charge for that stuff.
Perhaps less RAM and storage? Yes, considerably less. Along with every other component. Including a 144Hz monitor.

If you want a cheaper machine with much cheaper components and no monitor, go buy that piece of shit AMD system in your link. I'm not trying to argue that there are cheaper inferior products available.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:20 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Perhaps less RAM and storage? Yes, considerably less. Along with every other component. Including a 144Hz monitor.

If you want a cheaper machine with much cheaper components and no monitor, go buy that piece of shit AMD system in your link. I'm not trying to argue that there are cheaper inferior products available.
This discussion is about the video card.

The link I found was just for the most recent deal on an ancient video card from your post. In recent months I"ve seen i5 systems with more/better ram and storage for as low as $600.

As noted, the monitor is nice, but it's only a $200 monitor. So kick it up to $800 if you want. Still not worth anywhere near the price list of the parts.

Especially with Black Friday sales coming, which will likely still be higher than prior years based on the Walmart ad that just came out, but still likely to include modern video cards at a better price.
[Reply]
Fish 10:26 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
This discussion is about the video card.

The link I found was just for the most recent deal on an ancient video card from your post. In recent months I"ve seen i5 systems with more/better ram and storage for as low as $600.

As noted, the monitor is nice, but it's only a $200 monitor. So kick it up to $800 if you want. Still not worth anywhere near the price list of the parts.

Especially with Black Friday sales coming, which will likely still be higher than prior years based on the Walmart ad that just came out, but still likely to include modern video cards at a better price.
I'll scratch your name off the list.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:39 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&LH_Complete=1

... dumbass.
:-)

This dipshit found a new money making scheme buying pre-builts and selling the video card for twice what you paid.

Again the system with monitor might MIGHT get $700.00.

Also the storage is fucking garbage. 7200 RPM Seagates are cheap and dated as shit.

Like I said the only thing you can salvage from the build is the RAM and even THEN its not even considered mid grade anymore for timing.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:16 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

This dipshit found a new money making scheme buying pre-builts and selling the video card for twice what you paid.
So if you buy a piece of shit pre built for $600 and then take out the graphics card in it to sell for $600 how much money did you make?

The rest of the computer is a piece of shit. Maybe someone buys the cpu. Maybe.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:41 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
So if you buy a piece of shit pre built for $600 and then take out the graphics card in it to sell for $600 how much money did you make?

The rest of the computer is a piece of shit. Maybe someone buys the cpu. Maybe.
Dude just admit Fishes friends rig isn’t going to fetch over 700 bucks at max
[Reply]
jd1020 05:21 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Dude just admit Fishes friends rig isn’t going to fetch over 700 bucks at max
In this market he can easily get more than $700.

I would say that the only way to get there would be to sell the GPU separately and then the rest of the computer as a whole. Could probably get like $500 for the computer without the card and separately the card will net $500+.

The prices on the list are pretty damn close to new retail so if we did some used price rounding... $300ish for the CPU+mobo+ram. $120ish for the storage. $200 for the rest of it. So thats roughly $620 + w/e for the GPU.
[Reply]
notorious 08:12 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
I'll scratch your name off the list.
[Reply]
eDave 10:28 AM 10-20-2021
Yea bud, if you want to sell that machine you MIGHT get someone for $850.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:42 AM 10-20-2021
Fish has computer chops out the ass. So I wouldn't doubt him.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:42 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Yea bud, if you want to sell that machine you MIGHT get someone for $850.
Suckers are born every minute.
[Reply]
Otter 10:45 AM 10-20-2021
That power supply is looking pretty iffy.
[Reply]
Jenson71 07:06 PM 10-28-2021
Is this still for sale, and if so, can I play Red Dead Redepemption II and Age of Empires IV on it?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:48 PM 10-28-2021
Does it have enough megabits for Brazzers Premium?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up