ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 72
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:37 AM 10-25-2021
Had a couple of really shit games against the Bills and Titans. I have faith he'll turn it around but not soon enough to salvage the season.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:42 AM 10-25-2021
The rookie wall will hit, the old dudes will roll in and forward! Experience, got some coming and going!
[Reply]
tatorhog 07:44 AM 10-25-2021
I think the O would benefit greatly by watching what a team like TB does with getting rid of the ball sooner.

It looks like they keep running these long developing, complicated routes, and Pat has to bail out and turn it into an And-1 style offense, just to keep from getting sacked. We just don't play to our strengths, and that falls on Andy and Eric.

The D, they just look uninspired. Chris Jones playing matador was when I turned off the game yesterday. Why ball out when you get the ball back to the offense and they choke or cough it up time after time. Our D is designed to play with a lead. They are supposed to be opportunistic, but they just don't have it when the team is behind on a consistent basis. And they have even less when they are half-assing it most of the game.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:45 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by 65TPT:
I think he was instructed to stay in the pocket and I don't think he is comfortable with that at all. I think he is so used to throwing on the run. I hope they just let him play and sling the fucking ball.

This is silly. Mahomes has been among the best in the pocket throughout his career.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:47 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
I think the O would benefit greatly by watching what a team like TB does with getting rid of the ball sooner.

It looks like they keep running these long developing, complicated routes, and Pat has to bail out and turn it into an And-1 style offense, just to keep from getting sacked. We just don't play to our strengths, and that falls on Andy and Eric.

The D, they just look uninspired. Chris Jones playing matador was when I turned off the game yesterday. Why ball out when you get the ball back to the offense and they choke or cough it up time after time. Our D is designed to play with a lead. They are supposed to be opportunistic, but they just don't have it when the team is behind on a consistent basis. And they have even less when they are half-assing it most of the game.
That's the problem. Long developing routes are not a sustainable offense. Andy is going to get Mahomes killed with this crap that doesn't work anymore with our tackles.
[Reply]
wachashi 07:54 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
That's the problem. Long developing routes are not a sustainable offense. Andy is going to get Mahomes killed with this crap that doesn't work anymore with our tackles.
Deep routes can produce a sustainable offense against certain defenses and when you have an offensive line that can pass protect consistently. The way defenses are playing the Chiefs, and with our mediocre/bad tackle play, we really should be trying for faster-developing routes. The short routes can be extremely tough to stop, even when defenses know it's coming. Just ask any team playing Tom Brady. I'm not saying Mahomes should completely abandon his greatest strength, just because defenses are playing him a certain way, but we've clearly got to try a different strategy at this point. His primary read is way too often 20-30 yards downfield.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:01 AM 10-25-2021
He's just pressing, that's all. There are things open underneath, he just won't take them. He's trying to score 14 points every play.
[Reply]
tatorhog 10:34 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
it works with the guys we have, problem is we don't have enough variety in our offensive calls, nor do we really identify the weakness of the D and try to exploit it.
[Reply]
wachashi 01:14 PM 10-25-2021

These 10+ yard drops can't continue. They just can't. Pat will not get back to his old form until this changes. In hindsight, Fisher and Schwartz were probably way too good at masking this issue. Orlando Brown isn't athletic enough to do this and frankly, he shouldn't have to. pic.twitter.com/NGH2vM4s1L

— Ben Hillmon (@BenHillmon) October 25, 2021

[Reply]
crispystl 01:25 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
He's more conscious of his protection, or lack thereof, than I've ever seen him.

His first couple years he would slide away from pressure like he had eyes in the back of his head. His eyes would NEVER waver from downfield, which is why he was so good at converting long down and distances.

Now, it's very obvious that he's feeling pressure, often before it even gets home, and it's effecting how he's seeing the field and moving around.

It's a mental block that he's gonna have to work through. If he could just string a few good games together I think that would break him out of it.
Yesterday on one scramble he actually turn is head 90 degrees backwards to check and see if anyone was chasing him. I've never seen him do anything like that before (except one year against the Lions he did it to tell the officials there was a hold LOL) . Like many mentioned he used to have this uncanny 6th sense that made his spatial awareness just unreal, but now he has the yips so he's looking to avoid contact (and especially being blind-sided)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:25 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Hmm, yeah, that is an incredibly deep drop.

If the interior of the OL is supposed to be a strength, why not step up?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:27 PM 10-25-2021
Maybe we should put him under center a bit more..? He can still take his 3-5 step drop, but it wouldn't put him 10 yards behind the LoS and in harm's way.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:33 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Maybe we should put him under center a bit more..? He can still take his 3-5 step drop, but it wouldn't put him 10 yards behind the LoS and in harm's way.
I've often said he should be under center more. But it makes it harder to do the RPO gig.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:39 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Yikes.
[Reply]
wachashi 01:41 PM 10-25-2021
Early on, they should run the ball right at these DE's that want to crash upfield in anticipation of a deep drop. Mix in some quick-hitting throws with those running plays and our pass protectors will have a much easier job. I don't ever want to just give up on the deep and intermediate throws, but you've got to punish defenses when they lean too hard in one direction. The game plan yesterday very well could have been just that, but with the score getting out of hand so quickly, it never had a chance to materialize.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 72
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up