ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 86
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:26 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Fountain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there confirmation of that or is it just speculation from everyone?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:26 PM 09-27-2021
I wasn't for us signing him but not a big deal that they decided to..

If it doesn't work out just cut him and move on.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 02:26 PM 09-27-2021
can he play defense?
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:26 PM 09-27-2021
You guys think Josh Gordon can play DE?
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:27 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
can he play defense?
Motherfucker
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:27 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Same thing I said in the first Gordon thread - this guy was as close to the league has to Julio Jones when his head was screwed on right.

He's not a bad guy - he was just a drunk. And if he's reinstated, evidently he's convinced enough people that he's past that. And if so, if there's any gas in the tank at all, he can offer something we don't have.

His teammates all seem to want him to succeed. His talent was so undeniable that even a decline (hell, a significant decline) would still be a genuine NFL caliber player. And he's like 18 months older than Pringle is.

I feel like Kemp and/or Pringle did some damage to their standing last week. And if the Chiefs think Gordon can make a contribution, they're smart to take the (extremely minimal) risk.
My dude said basically everything I was going to say...

Dude is an addict. That takes a toll on you, but plenty of people with addiction have gotten a handle on it and made things work.

The comparison that comes to mind for me is a baseball one - Josh Hamilton. Before the addiction, truly uniquely gifted athlete. After the addiction, even at 80 percent of his physical abilities, still a great player.

Gordon was so freakishly athletic that even if he is only 80 percent of what he was before, he still can be a really effective player.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:29 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You guys think Josh Gordon can play DE?
Single high S.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:29 PM 09-27-2021
What is the downside to this?

When the guy is on the field he's good and we need depth.

Some of you are losing your minds.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:29 PM 09-27-2021
Hey, should hopefully work out better than the Kelvin Benjamin experiment.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:30 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Dude is an addict. That takes a toll on you, but plenty of people with addiction have gotten a handle on it and made things work.

The comparison that comes to mind for me is a baseball one - Josh Hamilton. Before the addiction, truly uniquely gifted athlete. After the addiction, even at 80 percent of his physical abilities, still a great player.

Gordon was so freakishly athletic that even if he is only 80 percent of what he was before, he still can be a really effective player.
Honestly, even 50% could make a difference over Robinson/Pringle/Etc.

Assuming he can keep his shit together.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:30 PM 09-27-2021
Soooo.....We're pretty much unstoppable now, right?
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:30 PM 09-27-2021
Andy's "trip to the hospital" was actually an undercover raid to score some high grade medical marijuana.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 02:31 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
What is the downside to this?

When the guy is on the field he's good and we need depth.

Some of you are losing your minds.
The turn this place has taken in two weeks should be studied by multiple human behavioral scientists on a 24/7 loop :-)
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 02:31 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

He's 1yr older than Darren Waller.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:31 PM 09-27-2021
This isn't fair to Pringle. HE JUST GOT HIS DAMN ENDORSEMENT DEAL!!!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 86
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up