ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 39
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's wrong with Mecole Hardman - Part 2
dlphg9 05:43 AM 02-17-2021
Spoiler alert!

Nothing is wrong with him! Unless you consider Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce as being a problem.

Mecole was 3rd on the team in targets (62), rec yards (560), and rec TDs (4). Those stats are right in line with any other teams 3rd most productive receiver and none of those other teams had 2 guys that were 1st team AP in front of that guy.

Green Bay Packers #1 ranked scoring offense
3rd most productive receiving option
Robert Tonyan - 59 targets, 52 rec, 586 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 212
Rec - 148
Yards - 2064

Buffalo Bills #2 ranked scoring offense
Gabriel Davis - 62 targets, 35 rec, 599 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 273
Rec - 209
Yards - 2502

Tampa Bay Buccaneers #3 ranked scoring offense
Rob Gronkowski - 77 targets, 45 rec, 623 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 193
Rec - 135
Yards - 1846

Tennessee Titans #4 ranked scoring offense
Jonnu Smith - 65 targets, 41 rec, 448 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 198
Rec - 135
Yards - 2059

New Orleans Saints #5 ranked scoring offense
Jared Cook - 60 targets, 37 rec, 504 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 189
Rec - 144
Yards - 1482

Baltimore Ravens #7 ranked scoring offense
Willie Snead - 48 targets, 33 rec, 432 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 188
Rec - 116
Yards - 1470

Seattle Seahawks #8 ranked scoring offense
David Moore - 47 targets, 35 rec, 417 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 261
Rec - 183
Yards - 2357

Indianapolis Colts #9 ranked scoring offense
Michael Pittman Jr. - 61 targets, 40 rec, 503 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 164
Rec - 99
Yards - 1391

Las Vegas Raiders #10 ranked scoring offense
Hunter Renfrow - 77 targets, 56 rec, 656 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 227
Rec - 155
Yards - 2092

Average for top 10 scoring offense's 3rd most productive receiving option :

Targets - 62
Receptions - 41
Yards - 530

Average for top 10 scoring offense's top 2 most productive receiving options combined :

Targets - 212
Receptions - 147
Yards - 1918

This is how Hardman stacks up against the other teams 3rd receiving option

Targets - 62 (62 avg)
Receptions - 41 (41 avg)
Yards - 560 (530 avg)

Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce combined

Targets - 280 (most in group)
Receptions - 192 (2nd most in group)
Yards - 2692 (most in group)

So what we can see from these stats above is that nothing is up with Mecole Hardman. His targets and reception matched the average of the 9 other top offenses 3rd receiving option and he was above average in yards, but the big huge difference is Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill just happen to be on the same team as him. Those two have 68 more combined targets, 45 more combined receptions, and 774 more combined yards than the others teams top 2 receiving threats.

TLDR;

Nothing is wrong, he's right in line with the other teams 3rd most productive pass catchers. Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are monsters and the best pass catching duo in a long ass time.

PS:

Seriously Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are so good! There was only 11 QBs with more TD passes than those 2 had receiving TDs.

PSS:

Fucking Cam Newton started 15 games and had 45 less passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards in the same amount of games!

PSSS:

Fucking MVP Lamar had 65 more passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards and they tied for the same amount of passing TDs to receiving TDs.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:14 PM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think the kid will be fine.

I think last year was weird with no OTA's and weird camp, and it slowed his progress.

Not only that but we played with a makeshift line much of the season and we were really fucked for the Super Bowl when Eric Fisher went down just the quarter before so that had to affect timing and mojo for our high octane offense.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:43 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Perhaps Hardman heard some of the "catch the ball and run your routes" chatter.

What I'm saying is, we did it guys.
Now we speak Covid out of existence and the chiefs into a dynasty!
[Reply]
JPH83 11:22 AM 06-18-2021
I think he's a decent WR3. I reckon he'll take a step forward this year but I don't expect to get a great deal more from him than we're seeing.

He's not a bust but you'd hope for more from a 2nd round pick, he's definitely not developed into a replacement WR2 for Watkins. I doubt anyone would pick him ahead of Metcalf or McLaurin if they had the pick again.
[Reply]
TEX 11:25 AM 06-18-2021
I am a fan.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:32 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I think he's a decent WR3. I reckon he'll take a step forward this year but I don't expect to get a great deal more from him than we're seeing.

He's not a bust but you'd hope for more from a 2nd round pick, he's definitely not developed into a replacement WR2 for Watkins. I doubt anyone would pick him ahead of Metcalf or McLaurin if they had the pick again.

How do you know this? Going into his third year and this year he is putting it on himself to take on the best defensive back we got and one of the best in the NFL. So how can you say he isn't going develop and take the WR2 by the horns?

We also got some pretty damn good coaches and I just don't see him not taking it up a notch and doing more than he has showed us so far. He is a very viable candidate for WR2 and open this offence wide open. I can be wrong and maybe it's just pure hope I'm right but I do think he is going step it up in a big way this year with determination and hunger to do so and that's what Tyrann said he has this year.
[Reply]
scho63 11:34 AM 06-18-2021
Let me guess, he's catching everything in camp.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:37 AM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Let me guess, he's catching everything in camp.
He's not John Baldwin, lower your expectations please.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:42 AM 06-18-2021
Sammy two years with the Chiefs 89 receptions for 1094 yards 5 Touchdowns.
7 year pro

Mecole two years with the Chiefs 67 receptions for 1098 yards 10 Touchdowns.
2 year pro

Mecole is still in developing stages and getting a full offseason work in that he didn't get last year. So I got great expectations and hope that he is going blow defenses up and take pressure off of Tyreek and Kelce along with our running game CEH and revamped line. Holy Fuck Mahomes pulling the trigger this is going be fun.

I've said this before but fuck the haters.
[Reply]
-King- 12:19 PM 06-18-2021
DeMarcus has been taking the majority of #2 WR reps at camp so yeah, there's that. Hopefully Powell is what I hope he is cause I don't really want to go to far into the season with Robinson as a starter. If Hardman was seriously being looked at for that spot, he would have likely been taking those reps from the start of camp or at least splitting them.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:45 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
DeMarcus has been taking the majority of #2 WR reps at camp so yeah, there's that. Hopefully Powell is what I hope he is cause I don't really want to go to far into the season with Robinson as a starter. If Hardman was seriously being looked at for that spot, he would have likely been taking those reps from the start of camp or at least splitting them.
Ew.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:57 PM 06-18-2021

Well that isn't very endorsing for Mecole Hardman but I'm still going stick with what Honey Badger said about him and think he is going have a really good season under his belt that will be eye openers to what he can do and give defenses fits.

I also want to see what Powell can do and am stoked for his emergence. I wouldn't complain if he took the #2 spot but I'm still a fan of Mecole Hardman.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:03 PM 06-18-2021
:-)

So you still don’t understand that Hardman isn’t the X in this offense and never will be.

He might not be the X, but he will absolutely be #2 in targets for WR’s.

And they clearly drafted Powell to be the future X while Robinson was signed to be a stopgap/insurance.

This is only news to you because you don’t have a fucking clue.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:37 PM 06-18-2021
Mecole may produce as a number 2 but it will likely not be from where sammy lined up.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:45 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Mecole may produce as a number 2 but it will likely not be from where sammy lined up.
You know who our “#2 WR” was last year in terms of production?

Mecole Hardman.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:45 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:

McLaurin was a third round pick and Metcalf isn't even the best WR in that class that belongs to AJ Brown.

I can't stand this Metcalf stuff, everybody in the league passed on him. We got great return for a second rounder, it could have been worse, a lot worse. Just look at the Pats and N'Keal Harry.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 39
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up