ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 111
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:25 AM 07-15-2020
So when does Clark Hunt start talking to Veach about an extension? Just make it a lifetime contract. Veach has literally told us what he wants to do with each player and he follows through on his word. No BS. If he told me tomorrow that they would cut the whole team and sign the entire Bengals roster I somehow believe we would win the super bowl. Veach has my 100% trust. This is what a perfectly run franchise looks like. No disgruntled players on the team. Veach let’s his players know that if you ball out we will re sign you. Just be patient!! Jones showed up last year to training camp and didn’t hold out. Veach told him he wants him in KC for a long time and boom what happens a deal gets done. I can’t find a single flaw in Veach. Not one. He manages the cap like a wizard, he brings players in that contribute. He will be in the HOF when it’s all said and done
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:26 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I would go as far as saying the Chiefs are currently the best run franchise in the NFL. Clark is a great owner who is just hands off enough but has let it be known that if you aren’t getting it done GTFO! He’s smart enough to know he doesn’t have all the answers but tries to put the right people in place. I don’t think he gets enough credit for that full court press to get Andy to KC back in the day.
Could any have you ever imagined someone posting this on CP and not being immediately eviscerated?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:31 AM 07-15-2020
Wasn’t Andy literally seconds away from becoming the head coach of the Cardinals?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:36 AM 07-15-2020

[Reply]
Shoes 10:50 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
In retrospect, I think one of Veach's best moves was "trading" Marcus Peters.

I use "trading" in quotes because IMO, it was either that or a keel haul.

Remember ... when that happened, many fans were pissed off as hell because they valued Peters and we did not yet know what we had in Mahomes.

Veach knew, however ...

He knew that (going forward) this was Mahomes' locker room and Peters was going to be a distraction and would eventually become a plague on our house.

Today, we have a culture that not only values winning, it values teamwork and brotherhood among the players and coaches.

Rare.

And possible (at least, in part) because Veach was confident that showing Peters the egress was the best move at the time.

FAX
Not only that but the corners on our roster left a lot to be desired at the time, our secondary also was our weakest part of the defense. Trading away Peters who was widely regarded as our best CB at the time was not a popular move.

Veach hasn't missed much while being the GM of the KC Chiefs- only move that I think was a bad misfire was Breeland Speaks but who gives a shit since the good heavily outweighs the bad.
[Reply]
Pants 10:51 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-)

OMG. I fucking love the internet.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:09 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Not only that but the corners on our roster left a lot to be desired at the time, our secondary also was our weakest part of the defense. Trading away Peters who was widely regarded as our best CB at the time was not a popular move.

Veach hasn't missed much while being the GM of the KC Chiefs- only move that I think was a bad misfire was Breeland Speaks but who gives a shit since the good heavily outweighs the bad.
Not high on Speaks, but we still don't know what we have in him. Kpass looked great once he was out of Uncle Bob's clusterfuck.
[Reply]
tk13 01:15 PM 07-15-2020
Veach is about to be on NFL Live on ESPN here in a few minutes.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:47 PM 07-15-2020
how was it?
[Reply]
Dante84 02:22 PM 07-15-2020

No ��bs... brett Veach is my mutha F***ing Dawg! ��������

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) July 15, 2020

Same �� https://t.co/5j8qjgGhmI

— Ty Hill (@cheetah) July 15, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 02:44 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:

Remember when Steven Nelson said Pittsburgh was better than KC because of the relationship with the players and the front office?

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:19 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Remember when Steven Nelson said Pittsburgh was better than KC because of the relationship with the players and the front office?

He must have been thinking of the King Carl era.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:21 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Could any have you ever imagined someone posting this on CP and not being immediately eviscerated?
That's a great example of far we have come. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 05:28 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He must have been thinking of the King Carl era.
He only feels that way because we didn’t pay him lol
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:39 PM 07-15-2020
Here's my Brett Veach story:

As some of you know, I won a charity auction at the last Big Slick in June 2019. As I was outside the Sprint Center getting an Uber with my friends, a man approached me with his wife.

"Hi, I'm Brett Veach, GM of the Kansas City Chiefs, and I really liked your style in there."

"Uhm, I know who you are."

We then spent a good 20 minutes on the side talking about the Chiefs. I asked him about the Tyreek situation. He gave me some details which I can't repeat but said, "Max 2 game suspension. Probably not even that." I asked him about the trade for Frank Clark and whether he felt he could get that production from a certain prospect who tested well in the combine. "Well, that guy wasn't even on our draft board for health reasons. But man, no one in OTAs can block Frank Clark." He then took his iPhone out and he was showing me video of Clark dominating in practices. We talked the draft class. We talked Mahomes. I only regret not asking him about Dorsey.

I think he was buzzed. I was hammered and it shows in the pictures. Veach is like if any of us ever became GM and we're just really fucking good at what we do and excited to be doing it.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 111
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up