Page 46 of 111
« First < 364243444546 474849505696 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:25 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
It's absolutely coaching, do you really think some of these other teams have that much more talent then we do?
The players are worse and not focused. They are playing worse and not with desire. Too many got their already and now they are not motivated to keep winning.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:50 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Yes
I know players can be written off too early, but there are a lot of players people decided had made it far too quickly. Sneed had a good rookie year but in a limited role with few snaps. He's been asked to do more and he's just not been good, I don't know how anyone sees otherwise. There's a whole load of picks and additions that have been a backward step or at least have failed to provide value.

Brown - average to poor as a LT
Niang - the same at RT, but in his defence it's early days
Hardman - gadget player
CEH - average to poor
Reed - awful
Hughes and Baker - cheap but we've got what we paid for them

And then there's a whole load of players who could be decent but we really don't know and there's as much average as good on film now - Gay, Thornhill, Sneed, Saunders

Which of our picks over the past couple of years have really consistently performed well and improved the team? Which additions have elevated the team. I've sympathy for Veach given the cap situation, but given he oversaw that situation with some of massive contracts he's handed out, it's on him.

It's not on him that players look completely confused pre-snap, but I don't see anyway we can say this roster hasnt regressed.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:48 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I'm glad Sutton is gone but Spags is what we should have feared when we got him. In 10 years he has 6 defenses that are bottom 3 in yards allowed 4 that are bottom 3 in points allowed. BOTTOM 3. If you expand that to bottom 10, then 7 out of his 12 defenses have been in the bottom 10 in both points and yards allowed. As bad as Sutton was... he's never been that bad. But yeah it was his time to go. Just wish we didn't hire a coach that only lucks into good defensive seasons.
Spags is just like 90% of all coaches, give them real talent and they look like geniuses... give them a bunch of self satisfied, half stepping assholes and they look like morons

Not saying that to let him off the hook, his personnel decisions this year are mystifying garbage, but we damn sure have a lot of half stepping assholes right now... so I don't think its all quite so cut and dried
[Reply]
JakeF 04:10 PM 10-25-2021
Frank Clark has highest Non-QB cap number in NFL this year, 7th overall.

Dorsey was fired because he is terrible with the Cap and Contracts? :-)

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:37 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:

What a complete embarrassment.

Veach was sold a bill of goods with this guy. And with Orlando Brown. And Jarron Reed. And Anthony Hitchens. And.....
[Reply]
staylor26 06:00 PM 10-25-2021
You’re never as good as you think you are when things are going great, and you’re never as bad as you think they are when they’re not.

That saying couldn’t be any more true in this situation.

Is Veach the best GM in the NFL? I’m willing to admit that I got ahead of myself there. It’s easy to do that when you’re sitting on top of the NFL world for the first time in your life.

But this idea that he all of a sudden sucks and we should fire him immediately? Yea, I’m just going to sit back and let you idiots that are saying that have your moment.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:13 PM 10-25-2021

Except no one thought he would fall this far this fast. At least with the contract he can be cut after the season with a minimal cap hit. Oh and Dorsey was fired.......twice because he's a prick to work with and no team wants to deal with him, hence why he is not a current GM.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:18 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re never as good as you think you are when things are going great, and you’re never as bad as you think they are when they’re not.

Is Veach the best GM in the NFL? I’m willing to admit that I got ahead of myself there. It’s easy to do that when you’re sitting on top of the NFL world for the first time in your life.

But this idea that he all of a sudden sucks and we should fire him immediately? Yea, I’m just going to sit back and let you idiots that are saying that have your moment.
I dont think he or anyone on the staff should be fired besides Spags but when you go to 2 super bowls you're owned some job security.

I just dont think Veach has gotten many major impact players. His past draft was pretty nice other than that it's been pretty shitty. I've always said that btw
[Reply]
TEX 08:21 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

This is starting to look like Reid's last year's in Philly...
[Reply]
JakeF 08:27 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Except no one thought he would fall this far this fast. At least with the contract he can be cut after the season with a minimal cap hit. Oh and Dorsey was fired.......twice because he's a prick to work with and no team wants to deal with him, hence why he is not a current GM.
Yea, he's a prick that built a team in KC that went to back-to-back Super bowls and turned around the toilet of the NFL in 1 offseason in Cleveland.

He worked in Green Bay for 19yrs with zero problems that i heard. We didn't hear about a single problem about Dorsey in KC until after Reid used his contract extension to get him fired. Then promoted a foot-shuffling porter in Veach to do whatever he said. Reid wanted full control, I doubt Dorsey had anything to do with it.

People in KC worship Andy Reid because he won a Super Bowl for Kansas City. They hate John Dorsey because Andy Reid told them to, even though he built the same team that won the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:28 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I dont think he or anyone on the staff should be fired besides Spags but when you go to 2 super bowls you're owned some job security.

I just dont think Veach has gotten many major impact players. His past draft was pretty nice other than that it's been pretty shitty. I've always said that btw
That comes with the territory of playing late in the season and picking late every round.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:31 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
That comes with the territory of playing late in the season and picking late every round.
Kelce-3rd round
Hill-5th round
Hunt-3rd round
Jones-2nd round

Try again.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:31 PM 10-25-2021
Yea, he's a prick that built a team in KC that went to back-to-back Super bowls and turned around the toilet of the NFL in 1 offseason in Cleveland.

He worked in Green Bay for 19yrs with zero problems that i heard. We didn't hear about a single problem about Dorsey in KC until after Reid used his contract extension to get him fired. Then promoted a foot-shuffling porter in Veach to do whatever he said. Reid wanted full control, I doubt Dorsey had anything to do with it.

People in KC worship Andy Reid because he won a Super Bowl for Kansas City. They hate John Dorsey because Andy Reid told them to, even though he built the same team that won the Super Bowl.
100% true and completely obvious to anyone with half a brain.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:32 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Kelce-3rd round
Hill-5th round
Hunt-3rd round
Jones-2nd round

Try again.
Nobody is saying you can't find players after Round 1 you fucking turbo sperg weirdo
[Reply]
RunKC 08:32 PM 10-25-2021
If Dorsey is so great why isn’t a GM right now?

You’d think a team would be begging to hire such an accomplished personnel man
[Reply]
Page 46 of 111
« First < 364243444546 474849505696 > Last »
Up