ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 170 of 172
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Lzen 08:08 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
A great Father's day gift that arrived while we were out of the country. Nice return home present...

Damn, bro, that's pretty freakin' awesome! :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 08:11 AM 07-07-2021
I'm looking for recommendations on boot straps. I had some ones I bought at the Harley shop for something like $25-35 and used them for a few years. However, they elastic and the buckle part had a habit of moving when I walked and the straps would fall off my boot.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:33 PM 07-18-2021
BUSY weekend. Saturday at the lake doing the SCUBA thing, today I took the son on a rather long ride. Many great things. He even had his first encounter with a deer that jumped out in front of his. After doing everything correctly he needed to process what happened, but it won't be the last time. He did well, I'm proud of him.
Attached: 7-18.jpg (105.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:28 AM 07-19-2021
BUSY weekend. Saturday at the lake doing the SCUBA thing, today I took the son on a rather long ride. Many great things. He even had his first encounter with a deer that jumped out in front of his. After doing everything correctly he needed to process what happened, but it won't be the last time. He did well, I'm proud of him.
Deer are my number 1 scare on motorcycles. I ride primarily gravel roads so my eyes are always on the ditch and near waterways. I have hit one fawn and have had many close calls.
What's worse? Texting females or deer?
Texting females are at least predictable, deer not so much.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:38 AM 07-19-2021
Deer scare the bejesus out of me. I like to ride the roads outside of town.

I have a buddy who is a deer hunter; and each year when he starts getting antsy and talking about deer non-stop...that's usually when I try to limit my riding outside of town lol.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:44 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Deer are my number 1 scare on motorcycles. I ride primarily gravel roads so my eyes are always on the ditch and near waterways. I have hit one fawn and have had many close calls.
What's worse? Texting females or deer?
Texting females are at least predictable, deer not so much.
Well he did see it in the ditch and, as is always the case, the deer decides to cross the road instead of just turn and run on the side of the road they're already on. I guess that's why we shoot them during hunting season, they're idiots!

But I'm just glad he did everything he was taught in his class and by me. It worked. And had he t-boned the deer, it still would have been better than going in the ditch or laying it down.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:46 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Deer scare the bejesus out of me. I like to ride the roads outside of town.

I have a buddy who is a deer hunter; and each year when he starts getting antsy and talking about deer non-stop...that's usually when I try to limit my riding outside of town lol.
The rut (~November) is when things really get silly. You're never 100% safe, but when the bucks are chasing tail, they get even more stupid than normal.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:02 AM 07-20-2021
The rut (~November) is when things really get silly. You're never 100% safe, but when the bucks are chasing tail, they get even more stupid than normal.
yep; that's what it's called;..I couldn't remember. That's what my buddy talks about nonstop / gets the itch.

That time of year I just bomb around locally in the city for the most part.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:45 AM 07-20-2021
I worry about deer, too. But no more than distracted drivers. Distracted drivers are why I prefer to ride on the highway as opposed to going through town (far fewer cross streets/intersections). That being said, I try to avoid the times when deer are most active (dawn and dusk).
[Reply]
stevieray 07:30 AM 07-22-2021
Mounted apes on my bike.

Chopper life.
Attached: 12apes.jpg (139.6 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:50 PM 07-23-2021

[Reply]
frozenchief 09:58 PM 10-24-2021
My son had a really cool job this summer. He worked as a dock boy at the fishing lodge where I go in remote Alaska. I’m all kinds of proud of him but that’s not what this thread is about. He took some of his money and he bought a Yamaha 450 dirt bike and he rode it while he could. But the guy selling it also had a snow bike kit. For those who are not familiar, a snow bike or tundra sled kit, allows a dirt bike to function as a snowmachine (snowmobile to those who aren’t in the Great Land). It looks like this:

it’s been a few years since I had a snow machine but I realized if he’s going to be riding that much, then I need to get back into it. I had to order last year’s model from WA because nobody up here has any sort of inventory - new or used. The used machines are new enough and expensive enough that I might as well get a new one or they’re old and beat up and will need work. Anyway, something a lot like this is on its way to me:

Mine will have a longer track. I wasn’t really looking for that much power. Frankly, I was hoping for a 600cc engine instead of the 850 but the 850 is what they had and there wasn’t much available.

Now I just need snow. Lots of it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:05 AM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
My son had a really cool job this summer. He worked as a dock boy at the fishing lodge where I go in remote Alaska. I’m all kinds of proud of him but that’s not what this thread is about. He took some of his money and he bought a Yamaha 450 dirt bike and he rode it while he could. But the guy selling it also had a snow bike kit. For those who are not familiar, a snow bike or tundra sled kit, allows a dirt bike to function as a snowmachine (snowmobile to those who aren’t in the Great Land). It looks like this:

it’s been a few years since I had a snow machine but I realized if he’s going to be riding that much, then I need to get back into it. I had to order last year’s model from WA because nobody up here has any sort of inventory - new or used. The used machines are new enough and expensive enough that I might as well get a new one or they’re old and beat up and will need work. Anyway, something a lot like this is on its way to me:

Mine will have a longer track. I wasn’t really looking for that much power. Frankly, I was hoping for a 600cc engine instead of the 850 but the 850 is what they had and there wasn’t much available.

That's awesome! And I'd love to try it, it has to be a blast..
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:12 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:

I love this! I recently finished up a KLX 143 build for my son and ive got the Dirt bike itch very badly. I was looking at a DR 350 in Lees summit for a fixer upper, but being in NEOK its too much of a drive to buy a maybe decent bike from a probably crack head.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:23 AM 02-06-2022
Kansas bikers: What is the process of titling a bike? Someone told me you can get a bike titled with a bill of sale?

Is this correct?
[Reply]
Page 170 of 172
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172 >
Up