ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Is the magic gone with this co as coaching staff?
Yes, it's dead 55 61.11%
No, just need to rebuild a little. Coaches are still good. 35 38.89%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Nzoner's Game Room>Are we still a well coached team or is the magic gone?
Red Dawg 01:00 PM 10-24-2021
Seems like it's gone as well as the players. We have let too many players go that were not big money jit played hard and well just to give big money out and get screwed over by it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:37 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
This team is less talented than any team we’ve had for 5 years.
Is it? From a skill position standpoint all they've lost is Watkins and Watkins was hardly on the field anyway. They're definitely weaker at T but the interior line is much improved.

On defense the only loss of note is Breeland and honestly he was just a steady veteran. I'm not sure there's been a significant drop-off there. Fenton is giving us about what Breeland did. Bolton has been an upgrade at LB and Reed should have been.

Unless I'm missing some meaningful loss, I'm not seeing a drop-off in talent.
If anything, it seems like the draft added some much needed reinforcements to keep areas. Strictly on paper this team isn't less talented than previous models - but they sure aren't playing like it.

Kelce and Mathieu are in their decline years, but the rest of the guys who are struggling are in their primes. As I've said before, I have no idea why Reed and Nnadi are suddenly useless. Jones has no excuse to be as invisible as he's been unless that 'sore wrist' was actually a compound fracture.

This is one of the most glaring examples of a team being less than the sum of its parts I've seen in a very long time. They're just in a fog.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:38 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Why on earth does Kafka need promoted?

I think you can lay plenty of blame at his feet as well for this debacle.

It'd just be more of the same, stale message...this team needs new voices.
We've had an insanely good offense for a few years. A few bad games doesn't erase that. He doesn't deserve to be thrown under the bus. He's more than earned it. Agree if you're talking bieniemy. I just don't think a RBs coach is the guy to innovate out of this. But I don't think that's fair to say Kafka wouldn't bring anything different.

Besides, this is all a figurehead position. It all starts with Reid. Reid needs to feel that creative spark again. What helped him the first time around wasn't Doug pederson. It was Childress and Nagy and Chris Ault. You can accomplish that creative spark by bringing new blood with the assistant coaches and bringing in some special consultants. We just need a few people in the room to get Reid pumped up again.
[Reply]
oldman 01:56 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Is it? From a skill position standpoint all they've lost is Watkins and Watkins was hardly on the field anyway. They're definitely weaker at T but the interior line is much improved.

On defense the only loss of note is Breeland and honestly he was just a steady veteran. I'm not sure there's been a significant drop-off there. Fenton is giving us about what Breeland did. Bolton has been an upgrade at LB and Reed should have been.

If anything, it seems like the draft added some much needed reinforcements to keep areas. Strictly on paper this team isn't less talented than previous models - but they sure aren't playing like it.

Kelce and Mathieu are in their decline years, but the rest of the guys who are struggling are in their primes. As I've said before, I have no idea why Reed and Nnadi are suddenly useless. Jones has no excuse to be as invisible as he's been unless that 'sore wrist' was actually a compound fracture.

This is one of the most glaring examples of a team being less than the sum of its parts I've seen in a very long time. They're just in a fog.
I agree, Other than OT, this team is much more talented than our SB winning team. Let's get real, Watkins, when available, wasn't the key. Kelce is still Kelce. We won SB with Kpass and Okafor as our starting DEs. The leftg side of our O-line was Irving and Wylie.

But back to the question. Frankly, I don't know if it's coaching, play calling, or just plain lack of fire from certain players. There's no doubt we need a new DC and Clark ought to insist on that, he's the boss. If Andy is too stubborn to do it or can't hang with the truth, maybe it is time to part ways. I'd hate to see that, but we canned Stram.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:21 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
And once it gets to that point it’s over…you suddenly just can’t reel it back in and change your demeanor and who you are.

I don’t see how anyone watching this team doesn’t believe the message has become at the very least, a bit stale.
I don’t think the gleam is gone. More of a complacency issue.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:56 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I don’t think the gleam is gone. More of a complacency issue.
Yep. here's the thing-you could say "It's coaching, and Spags sucks!"
Except you can watch every goddamned play from Sunday and watch Frank Clark do fucking nothing all game long. And you know, something's been off with him most of his time here; crohns or something.

But then you can watch Chris Jones get stonewalled by a 3rd string OT all game long too. Or you can watch him on the other side, getting abused the the 2nd string RT.

So yeah. It's not Spags. These fucking guys are loafing.

so yeah, this offseason you need to fire Spags; the guys have quit on him. But you also need to rid yourself of the quitters.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:17 PM 10-25-2021
Here is an idea. Since the defense can't stop anyone, maybe it would be a good idea to quit deferring to the second half for posession. How many times lately have they been down 7 zip when Mahomes gets the ball?
[Reply]
notorious 06:21 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

As I go down the list it’s pretty apparent this team doesn’t have as much talent.

I’m talking about the entire team.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:33 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Here is an idea. Since the defense can't stop anyone, maybe it would be a good idea to quit deferring to the second half for posession. How many times lately have they been down 7 zip when Mahomes gets the ball?
The theory is the offense has some flexibility on offense at the end of the first half. Whether it’s 6:00 or 1:00 this team can score at the end.

Then if we get the ball at the second half then we can get 2 straight scores.

That’s the theory anyway. None of it fucking matters if you can’t ever get a stop and can’t ever score.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up