ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 56
« First < 6465253545556
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:39 PM 09-15-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
Well, we really need a 400lb gender-variant African-American/Asian action star, but I don't anyone like that has any acting experience.

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:43 AM 09-16-2023
This movie just came and went without any fanfare.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:26 PM 09-16-2023

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:53 PM 09-17-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Imagine failing with Indiana Jones.

Even Lucas made moolah with Indiana Jones IV.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:46 AM 09-18-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
What a dog shit movie.
[Reply]
DCTwister 07:25 PM 12-02-2023
So IJ5 has landed on Disney+ and I have decided to invest at least the 2 1/2 hours to watch it once. Halfway through it now.

1) Opening set-piece with the Nazis and the train is entertaining as others have said. Felt like the old days.

2) Phoebe Waller Bridge really does kill this movie, her character just sucks. She’s an annoying Mary Sue with a super-grating personality and just irritating to watch overall. No redeeming characteristics. She’s also not even moderately attractive to even just look at. She’s just weird looking and her character is just an unlikeable bitch. I find myself hoping that the bad guys would throw her out of a plane or something.

Anyway, I’ll probably finish this and never watch it again. I wonder if these stupid fucks at Disney (and Amazon, hello Galadriel) will ever get the message that these bitchy unlikeable Mary Sue “powerful women” are just grating and unwatchable. I hope Kathleen Kennedy finds something else to do with herself soon.
[Reply]
DCTwister 07:43 PM 12-02-2023
This article about PWB sums up my impressions well https://gmarlowe.medium.com/we-have-...e-81e727c30840
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:17 PM 12-03-2023
Bloated POS barely worth finishing
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:21 PM 12-03-2023
Watched it again with my mom. She liked it. Older, casual fans will appreciate it.

On 2nd viewing, I think I appreciate how it's a lot less annoying that Crystal Skull in many parts. The ending sat better with me.

I think it's a better movie if Crystal Skull was never made. But Crystal Skull makes DoD largely...frivolous?
[Reply]
DCTwister 09:41 PM 12-08-2023
Finally watched it to the end. It was fine. What’s her face was less annoying in the 2nd half of the movie, IMO. It could have been an ok movie if she wasn’t such a grating Mary Sue in the 1st half of the movie. But whatever. It’s like a 5/10. I won’t watch it again but it wasn’t terrible.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:35 PM 12-10-2023
would love to see more details on this shit show, and if the rumors about him meeting his younger self were true :-)

Originally Posted by :
“When I came on the movie, they had been playing with a bunch of different things which were basically just reduxes of what had happened in the first movie,” Mangold told io9 over video chat. “Just more apparitions and ghosts and I felt like I was just watching the first movie over again when I envisioned what was in the existing scripts. And I felt like what Steven [Spielberg] and George [Lucas] and Larry Kasdan and David Koepp as well had done successfully in the other films, was to keep kind of pulling up a rock on a different aspect of history and metaphysics and not going back to the same thing. In a way I didn’t want to do the kind of ‘Is it a Death Star again?’”

Mangold went back to the drawing board. He knew he had an older hero in an era that’s kind of passed him by, and “the movie is exploring the themes of time, past and present. That became my central idea.” Which is why the movie opens in the past and, in other iterations, went back there at the end. “When we did start writing, it was my theory that at first that we would end up back in Nazi Germany in 1938,” he said.

Yes: once Mangold and the team realized they wanted the dial to bring Indy back in time, the first idea was that Voller’s plan would work and Indy would just have to stop him in Germany.

[Reply]
Page 56 of 56
« First < 6465253545556
Up