ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Carson Wentz
Dante84 08:43 PM 04-01-2024
Woah

Just in: The #Chiefs are signing veteran QB Carson Wentz, per @Schultz_Report. A new backup to Patrick Mahomes. pic.twitter.com/hAI4F9NADS

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) April 2, 2024

#Chiefs signed Carson Wentz as backup 1-year deal, per sources.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 2, 2024

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:16 PM 04-01-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Wentz is better than about a quarter of the NFL QBs starting next year
Yeah this is just not true.

There’s a reason like 3 different teams thought they had something when they brought him in and then immediately decided they couldn’t get rid of him fast enough.

I just don’t like this signing. The guy has long been known as a bad locker room guy. Wish we had gone in a different direction.
[Reply]
wazu 09:18 PM 04-01-2024
Pretty solid. Reid has shown he can get the best out of far less capable backups. With the defense we have now if we needed Wentz to step in for a few games I could see this move keeping us relatively on schedule.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:19 PM 04-01-2024
Time for Wentz to get his 2nd backup QB Ring.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:19 PM 04-01-2024
I don't remember Gabbert playing much last year outside of the final game. That was also the game where Khalil Mack was dominating our O-Line and several linemen were hurt. Guys were playing out of position and combine that with a QB who doesn't get many snaps and is immobile. It was an ugly game but a small sample size to measure.

What would Carson Wentz have done differently that game?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:20 PM 04-01-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
I don't remember Gabbert playing much last year outside of the final game. That was also the game where Khalil Mack was dominating our O-Line and several linemen were hurt. Guys were playing out of position and combine that with a QB who doesn't get many snaps and is immobile. It was an ugly game but a small sample size to measure.

You saw the Longest Yard
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:23 PM 04-01-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:

People act like Gabbert cost us a playoff game or something. He was fine. Played in one meaningless game and won it to boot. It's probably just folks who hate Mizzou (not a fight I have a dog in, personally) or something. Wentz is an upgrade but Gabbert was fine here.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:26 PM 04-01-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
He can’t. Frank Reich thought he could fix him and was so disgusted with him he dumped him after one year in Indy.

Andy aint fixing shit. Let’s just hope he doesn’t come in with a massive ego and fuck with the locker room.

John Dorsey probably would have given Wentz a $100 million contract
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:27 PM 04-01-2024
I was really excited for a second, because I thought Wentz was a University of North Dakota Ermine. But it looks like he went to North Dakota State.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:29 PM 04-01-2024
Wentz is the 3rd best qb in the division
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:32 PM 04-01-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
People act like Gabbert cost us a playoff game or something. He was fine. Played in one meaningless game and won it to boot. It's probably just folks who hate Mizzou (not a fight I have a dog in, personally) or something. Wentz is an upgrade but Gabbert was fine here.
I have no emotion about Mizzou. Gabbert just isn't good and beating Easton stick doesn't validate it. Nothing against the dude. But it speaks volumes that Reid who loves veteran backups and is excellent with them is moving on after 1 year. Henne and Matt Moore were tremendous when called on. Does anyone really actually think gabbert was gonna do the same?
[Reply]
kc-nd 09:33 PM 04-01-2024
I’m good with this. Watched Wentz at Century High School in Bismarck and at North Dakota State. Knew him when he was a really young boy. Fun that he’s going to my favorite team of 50 plus years.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:34 PM 04-01-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Interesting. Wentz is a way better backup QB option than I ever expected them to get.
Yep. I like the move
[Reply]
kc-nd 09:35 PM 04-01-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I was really excited for a second, because I thought Wentz was a University of North Dakota Ermine. But it looks like he went to North Dakota State.
Until he started at NDSU, Wentz backed up Brock Jensen who had a shot at the NFL. Carson then led the NDSU Bison to two FCS championships. Once when injured, Easton Stick, the current Chargers backup, came in and started until Carson healed up.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:36 PM 04-01-2024
Didn't Andy draft Carson Wentz ??
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:36 PM 04-01-2024
Wanted Minshew but I'm more than good with Wentz.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up